• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you find Whitney's Miltank easier in GSC or HGSS?

Which game was Whitney's Miltank easier in?

• GSC

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • HGSS

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Well sweeties, I would say HGSS was easier, mostly I knew who I was facing, her Pokémon's levels were lower, and she didn't seem to use Roll Out as much for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
I would say that I actually knew what I was doing by the time 4th generation rolled around haha. So I did level up my Pokemon more and knew how to handle the gym leaders, Whitney included.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
She's only difficult for newcomers and children. I always had problems when I battled her when I was a kid. Last time I played Silver, she stood no chance. And all I did was use Croconaw's Rage. But I'd say that GSC was more difficult because the game evolved after that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I found that in HGSS Whitney's Miltank seemed to be much less vicious, not so much spam on the Rollout and generally easier and at a lower level.​

This, pretty much. I remember having such bother with it in Gold (in fact, I think it took me about a month to get past it!), but in SoulSilver I got through first time.​

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Mud-Slap (Lowers accuracy) x6
Growl (Lowers attack) x6
Tail Whip (Lowers defense) x6

what Miltank

Mud-Slap (Lowers accuracy) x6
Growl (Lowers attack) x6
Tail Whip (Lowers defense) x6

what Miltank

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
In HGSS miltank was way to easy. In all honesty i would have loved it if miltank was harder in HGSS.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
HGSS Milktank was much easier. I remember trying countless times in GSC to defeat that thing, and in HGSS it took me 2 tries.

Back