• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you get HG/SS on the day it came out?

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    No I got SS 2 days BEFORE it came out...

Where the heck do you all live? "Last copies"?

I saw 12 copies of Soul Silver and 15 Heart Golds at Future Shop near my house; there were also a lot at Walmart and Zellers.

o0

Kinda reminds me when the Wii came out lol While everyone else had an "out-of-stock" sign, like in big cities, there were like 10 at Future Shop rofl

thats because in big cities they order more in smaller cities they order less...use logic...if you were in a big town and alot are complaining that everything is sold out you'd get extra then whats needed to prevent complaints

Last edited:

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Yes! I went to Toys Я' Us as soon as it was open for the event, got a T-Shirt, elegant Screen Cleaning Cloth, & Heart Gold, and after that, I went to Gamestop (also as soon as it was open) to get Soul Silver along with a guide. It was like a holiday!

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    I got it the Day after it was released in the US, cause of my lazy ass mom.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
  • No, only cause the day it came out, my mom talked me out of it, cause i had enough to buy it, but would have close to $100 left. it pissed me off. I WILL OWN YOU HG/SS!!! i hope...

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah, I got it right after church and didn't stop playing for the rest of the day. =P

pauldan00b

Veteran Breeder/Elite Trainer
    Years
  • Actually the story behind my getting of HG was kinda like an adventure in itself. I live in the northeast US, and the day it came out we were under a massive rainstorm which had huge winds and heavy rains. It was basically a mini-hurricane, and me, my girlfriend, and my brother had all planned to be at the Gamestop where we pre-ordered it AT 10 when they opened the day it came out. I planned to be up at 8, get ready by 9 and be out the door by 9:45 so we got there just in time. I had even arranged at work to have the day off, because I wanted to play it so badly (I had been playing Crystal beforehand, but by the time there were only two days left, I couldnt touch any other game). So we all got into my truck and drove through the horrible weather just to get this game, despite the thunder and rain (my brother and I saw it as nature challenging us to get this game lol). And when we had gotten home from Gamestop, my girlfriend and mother both agreed we were all nuts for going through with it :)

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I did, and it wasn't too packed when I went to get it. I thought I was going to feel funny going in to pick them up, but I had some guy next to me that looked like he was in his 40's, and he wasn't picking it up for his kids (he's been playing since Red & Blue like myself, though). Somewhat creepy, but...could have been worse. lol :laugh:

Years
  • No. I got my HeartGold on the 15th, the day after. I didn't get a chance to go to the store on the 14th.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Nope . But I tried . And I won't be able on the 26th due to school and fencing .

So I'll be getting it ... sometime ! :< . I HATE ROMANIA !! >:-(

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Yea, I preordered it and got it the day it came out. I was one of the first people there and I still didn't get my Lugia figure. >:(

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
  • Hm, might as well tell my story about it, lol.
    So I had to go somewhere with my parents that would last until about 12 or 1, in the after noon so I asked to go to gamestop at 9AM before we went. We get there at 9:05 and they still hadn't opened yet so we called them. The guy sounded angry and said he couldn't find the games, so we waited outside for about 10 minutes (and I got my jirachi then, too). He opens up the store like 10 minutes later, and asked if I was the one calling. I said yes. Then he said kind of under his breath "damn, you're really sad." and I was going to say something back like "hey, at least I don't work at gamestop" but I didn't. I picked up both games and left.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    yeah i got it the day it came out which was the 14th. There were alot of people at gamestop that day. There was a guy there that was asking around to try to get some extra figurines lol

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Got Heart Gold, getting Soul Silver and the Guide book around the end of April, cuz I have money coming in then....too long to waith though :'(

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • Yea, I preordered it and got it the day it came out. I was one of the first people there and I still didn't get my Lugia figure. >:(
    You know what?! Me neither!! I got SS the day it came out but I had to settle for Ho-oh!! That is kinda annoying always being a silver fan..... I bought my game and the guy didn't give me a figure, so then some other people come to get the game and this other guy just grabs the last one..... WTF?!?!?

Back