• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you get the physical or digital version of the game?

Physical or Digital copy?

• I got a physical copy of X/Y

Votes: 72 90.0%
  • I got a digital copy of X/Y

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • I got both

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    I bought a physical copy of Y because I like to own the cases and manual that comes with, I enjoy reading and looking at the back art work too.

Having all of the cases from past to present games lined up on my shelf looks pretty sweet also!

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    Physical for me. I like to be able to go and pick it up at the store and be able to hold it. It makes it all a bit more exciting to me, imo. Plus if I'd gotten it off the eShop, I wouldn't have been able to go to a midnight launch, so that was a plus. :)

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    Physical. I like to have a hard copy I can rely on and I do this with everything (albums/etc). I don't want to take chances if the server goes down or it somehow gets deleted.

What I do miss though is those full color booklets that used to come in game boxes that had help and little notes about the game :(

Izarinoi:Akira

Master of Iron
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Physical copy here of X and Alpha Sapphire, that way I can load it on any device compatible with 3DS game cards. I do prefer digital copies for small things like arcade games but for things like complete Pokémon games, a physical copy is indispensible.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Physical copy all the way. I prefer keeping my SD card with the maximum space as possible and a game fills up so much space. Also, I find it safer. In case I lose my 3DS and not my games, at least I'll still have my games with me. Whereas if I got the game on my 3DS, I'd lose not only my game but also my 3DS.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    I got the Physical copies. I feel better knowing that if I were to lose my 3DS, I would still have the games. c:

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    I always go physical, unless it is a digital only game. I just love having the case and physical copy.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I bought a physical copy of Y. Part of the reason is because I'm just used to buying physical copies of games so I can look back easily and see what I've collected. The other part of why I got Y as a physical game was just for the experience of going to a midnight release again.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Physical copy. It's what I'm used to, and I only really do digital for games that are either only digital, or that I couldn't get in the Physical form (e.g. sold out). Animal crossing also suits the digital format pretty well imo.

Seems physical copies of XY is the far more popular option...

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    I got the physical copy. I always get physical for Pokemon. I've heard stories of digital games corrupting so I've always been scared of that happening, didn't want to take the risk. I'd only get a digital copy of something with not much save data needed or casual like Mario Kart or something.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    Physical copy, For the exact same reason.

I feel kind of satisfied holding the game in my hand and if I ever lose my 3DS I can still keep the game so when I buy a new one I won't have to buy it again and start over.

vanillte1

praise goomy
    Years
    physical, were digital copies already available at the release date? cuz I bought my physical copy on the release date :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    I got the physical copy of both, didn't really understand the way the download thing worked since I got my 3DS and X & Y at the same time.

Might do download purchases from now on though, it seems better than having a bunch of game carts - as long as I have room on my SD card I guess.

damion

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    I wanted to get the digital (wish i did) but i got a physical copy of X .... than i had to by a new one because i lost all my pokemon games and my 3ds xl

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I bought a physical copy of Y for two reasons:

1. I only have a 2GB SD card for my 3DS, and it's half full.
    2. I have this gut feeling that something really bad is gonna happen to my 3DS one day. {D:}

Back