• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did you let Pikachu evolve?

Kakarotman

Played over 2k hrs of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I never evolve pikachu. It is a game but you still can kind of bond with a pokemon in the game and you seem to lose it and more start to think of him as a tool when you evolve him into a raichu

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    No way, I never evolved it. ;O Pikachu was my favourite Pokemon back then, and I felt bad even if I had to put it in a PC for a second. I also loved those expressions, they were all so cute! :3 My favourite was the one Pikachu did after using a fishing rod: it had a bucket on its head and peeked from under it after saying "Pika pikaaa... Pika! ^^" in an adorable voice. xD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    As much as I love having a Pikachu in my party, I always break down and evolve it.. it makes such a big difference. x_o

However, once I have a Raichu, I always go back and catch another Pikachu, just so I'll at least have one in my PC bow, in case I wanna battle with it randomly.

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    i would never evolve pikachu in yellow i liked the expressions it did especially when you first get it ahh good times

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I thought it would be more of a challenge if I went through the game with just my Pikachu and five other Pokemon.
    I'm pretty sure I didn't have the requirements to even trade it, and even if I did I liked the idea of Pikachu following you, so that was a big problem. :P

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    I didn't i love the little guy walking around with me around the game world. Kept me company!

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    No, I turned around and field goal kicked his ass back to the storage system! JK:-)

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Nah - I just left him/her be and traded a Raichu over from my Red version :D

Years
    I didn't, I didn't have any other games at the time, nor did I know anyone who played who I could trade with.

I didn't mind anyway though, him following you around was just too cute. :D

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
    No, I loved the way he followed me around, and i just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I barely used him though, he was only lvl 40 when my Charizard and Blastoise and Venusaur were all at lvl 55+

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    evolved it.

I hate pikachu in its first stage, and raichu is pretty much better than it so I sent it to gold and attached that thunder stone to it and then it evolved. then I got my awesome raichu which was so much better and I sent it back to yellow.

hahaha. I do not like pikachu at all.

Back