• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did you let Pikachu evolve?

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    As you may or may not know, In Pokemon Yellow if you tried to give Pikachu a Thunder Stone then it would deny it. However if you traded it to a different game and tried it, it would work, and it would no longer follow you. Did you make it evolve? I didn't.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I wanted to so badly but couldn't :(

I've evolved Pikachu on every version i've ever played with the exception of yellow.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I didn't evolve Pikachu. By the time I got to the Elite Four, I think I had a level 40-something Pikachu following me around ^.^... good times.

Years
  • Nope, I've never evolved Pikachu in any game. That's mostly because I've never actually used one in my party in any game besides yellow, which I didn't finish.

I've had a Raichu on my team before, but it was a wild one I caught in the Mystery Cave.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Plus evolving Pikachu meant you'd miss out on alot of "cutscenes" where Pikachu would react to something in the background ^_^

Years
  • You're talking about Pikachu in Yellow, right?
    Yeah, I didn't evolve it, it's so cute! It follows you around!
    And it makes me feel like Red or Yellow being followed by Pika. xD

Last edited:

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Just bought Pokémon Yellow, and I actually like Pikachu following me around. It's pretty interesting to see how Pikachu reacts to different things hehe :P

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • I never evolved him, I didn't want to miss out on him following me around. D:
    Though.. If memory serves, I think I traded him over to Gold in the end. He was holding some power up item I had never seen, and I was like "sweet : D".

Back