• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did You Like Ball Capsules?

Years
  • I loved ball capsules. ;-; Poke Ball customization was always really fun for me, even though you had to remove them to deposit the Pokemon. :/

If they upgraded the seal graphics for future games I'd be reallyyyyy happy.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2012
    I think the Ball Capsules where a good concept for the 4th generation because if im correct that is the last generation with Contests. Altho the capsules where just for a personal entertainment if as many capsules that are on the ball i think it would increase the score in the contests. I've had my fun in Diamond with the capsules, because on each position of the Seals the different the look when choosing a pokemon. Also it was a good thing to make normal pokeballs have a better look.

So i think overall it was a good idea and i am glad that they made them even if it wasnt nessesary to add them in the first place.

Charvisioku

Psyduck Fanatic
    Years
  • I kind of get why people found them pointless, but to be fair the whole point of them was customization. Which I personally love on games. Although it really was annoying having to detach the damn things whenever you wanted to put your pokemans in the PC... -_-
    Still a fan though xD

Future Arceus

I hate my name
    Years
  • I liked the Seals quite a bit. Collecting all of them, then mix and matching to find the right "fit" gave me something to do when the game got boring. It was a bummer that they weren't brought over into generation 5, i was kind of hoping they'd get rid of that pesky "can't put pokemon with seals in the PC" thing...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I never really used them tbh, I didn't find much fun out of them in the long run. Short-term when I first discovered it, it was quite cool, but over time it lost it's flavour until I eventually didn't used them at all.

TheFinalBrandon

Frigid Heart
    Years
  • Ball Capsules are something I always thought were cool, but forget about during the course of the game because I get really into the story by that point.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    They were a fun addition that I would love to see return...on two conditions: 1, a wider variety of seals are available, and 2, you could put the Pokemon with capsules into the PC. I really believe that the second point is what made ball capsules fall short of their full potential. Something that was supposed to be fun ended up being more irritating.

Years
  • Ball Capsules are awesome,they should keep them int he future generations!If you ha you rpoke in a suckish pokeball for example,you could make that pokeball shoot fires lol or nasty words :P

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • They were cool, but I never used them because it was such a hassle to modify them, then take them off when you had to change Pokemon around from the PC (and I did that a lot). I never really used them, but I liked the concept.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • They were cool, but I never used them because it was such a hassle to modify them, then take them off when you had to change Pokemon around from the PC (and I did that a lot). I never really used them, but I liked the concept.
    Same here. Although, as many seals as they did make, I wish there were even more. I seek customization in all games I play. If you can include customization, at a good level, I'll play it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2015
    Eh, I didn't play that much 4th gen other than HG/SS, so I can't really say. I didn't use it that much, as I'm not really a theatrics kinda guy. Infact, I try to catch all my Pokemon with Pokeballs, and I hate it when some are different for no reason >.<

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    Ball capsules is a great addition to the fourth generation of Pokemon but i don't use them often because you have to detach them before depositing the Pokemon in the PC. I find this very frustrating because i deposit Pokemon often.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Really I only use the ones that relate to my current team. Fire Seals for TYPHLOSION, Stars for KADABRA. Etc.

Years
  • Ish. I liked-ish this feature but as lots of people said it was a waste of time, money, and the seals came out a bit late in the game.
    Once I found the vendor at Sunyshore Market I usually just bought 5 of each. It was a waste as later I pretty much ignored them.

Dinosaurs Eat at White Castle

I like superheroes.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2012
    I think I expected a bit too much from the ball capsules. They were hard to like attach and detach. There weren't as many cool seals as I'd hope, not to mention in D/P/Pt you had to get all the way to Sunyshore to get them.

Back