• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you like the additions to the Pokedex in Platinum?

Years
    Did you like the additions to the Pokedex in Platinum?

» Platinum Pokedex Additions

- In Platinum, 59 Pokemon were added to the regional Pokedex, rounding it out at 210 Pokemon.

-Most of these Pokemon were the evolutionary families of the new Pokemon, found in Sinnoh, that evolved from existing Pokemon, such as Gliscor, and its pre-evolution, Gligar.

-The Pokedex also included various Pokemon from other regions, such as Altaria, however, some Sinnoh Legendaries were excluded from the regional dex used before one beat the Pokemon league.

---------------------------------------
    So, in short, what did everybody think of the additions to the Sinnoh Dex, in Platinum? Did you like it/hate it? Are there any Pokemon that you wished were included?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    My main love was the Magby line. I dunno be stuck with either going the route of Chimchar or having to use Ponyta. Freaking love being able to use Magmotar as another viable option as well as Flareon. All and all the additions were great, but I felt they should have all been in the Sinnoh Dex in the first place.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    That and the addition of Houndour as well to Platinum had a lot of approval for me. DP did lack badly with the available fire types (Flint sure knew that -_-) so at least they recongised that problem and fixed it. Ralts was also a neat addition if memory serves.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    It was an awesome addition, especially since it expanded the player's choices for teams (types, particular species, etc). Plus, it also expanded the amount of fire types in Sinnoh.

Khall

Permafrost
    Years
    I hated how Pokemon such as Glaceon, Leafeon, Gliscor, and the other new evolutions weren't included in the Dex in D/P. Also the lack of fire-types was annoying (I'm not too fond of Chimchar's line and Ponyta is bleh).

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    D/P/Pt Pokemons were awesome. I didn't appreciate the fact of 2 Fire Types in D/P Though...however....
    One Main reason I love the Sinnoh Pokedex and the region itself is because it summed up all of our favorite pokemons of our favorite generations. It included Hoenn Pokemons, Kanto and Johto as well, and above all that, they added evolutions to pre-known Pokemons, which was something cool to include our lovely older pokemons. Above all that, there were the exclusive Sinnoh Pokemon, many of them who had good desings IMO, Some of them were eww...though like any series which has Ups and Downs.

So overall, the Pokedex was Great. idk on what factors do you exactly judge but I ADMIRED IT!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The ability to have Jolteon on my team = awesomeness. I didn't like the other Fire-type choices offered, but the point is that they had more of them. I didn't use too many of the new additions, but just having a good (special-based) Electric type *fairly* early on was more than enough to make me happy.

Years
    I didn't even notice it when I had Platinum. :P
    But I don't think I would like/hate it, really; you will eventually get the National Dex which has all the Pokemon.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    I did notice the addition and I liked it to be fully honest. The best part of it was the rotom forms in platinum

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    Hell yeah. In fact, I hate my internet for being out while I had Platinum, so I never checked what Pokemon were in what Routes and I never knew that Magmar was by the powerplant, I would've used him ages ago when I needed a fire-type!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    To be honest, it was such a huge gap between when I played Diamond/Pearl and when I played Platinum that I had no clue whatsoever that any Pokemon had been added to the Pokedex. It's fantastic that they did this, but it's really more significant of correcting a horrendous mistake in the original games than it is to making an improvement.

Years
    It was nice of them to add extra Fire-types in Platinum cos in D/P if Chimchar wasn't your starter, you'd have to use Ponyta.

My fave addition in Platinum was probably Gardevoir, I plan on using one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I liked the additions of more Fire Pokemon, like the Magby and Houndour lines because of how the Ponyta line were the only Fire Pokemon in DP other than the Chimchar line.

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
    Years
    Gallade was the one i most wanted in there, due to it being the strongest duo Psychic/Fighting type against Medicham which stopped all Dark type users from coming close to me.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Loved it. I finally got to be able to use Electivire/Magmortar, which I practically awaited.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I think the extra Pokemon were beneficial for me, more variety to choose from especially the fire types. Like another said before, I think it should of been in the Sinnoh Dex the whole time.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Yeah I am pretty happy about it. I thought it was really stupid to have new Pokemon that aren't in the national Pokedex. I also loved the fact that you could use Vaporeon before the Elite 4. It also gave some fire types that the other one dearly lacked. Having to see more was annoying though.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I liked what they did with the new Sinnoh Pokedex in Pokemon Platinum since they did add the new evolutions of Pokemon from the old generations such as Froslass (my favorite Ice type), but there is one Pokemon that should not be there (Tropius) because Tropius does not evolve while the Pokemon that is inbetween Tropius has an evolution line. Another thing that annoys me a bit is why wouldn't they just put the legendaries at the end of the region based Pokedex?

:t354:TG

Back