• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did You Soft-Reset?

Years
  • Did you soft reset for Starters, Legendaries etc. so far? If so, did you succeed?

As for myself, 100 SR's and still counting for a Totodile. It's annoying, but in the end I know it'll be worth it.

Detox

So far I have SR'd for Lugia, Zapdos, Suicune, and Moltres. All are timid natured with Moltres as my only acception (its modest), and have 25+ in key stats.

Last edited:

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I SR'ed to try to get a shiny Ho-oh, did it about 150 times over the course of two days... Gave up and instead went for one with a nuetral nature.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • I SRed in an attempt to get a female Cyndaqul. After no success and extreme frustration I just stuck with a male one.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I SRed my Cyndaquil for a Timid nature, just because it's what is best for it. That, and I just catch a lot of copies of stuff until I get something suitable (Modest Mareep, Water Absorb Wooper).

That competitive battling sure makes you anal about that stuff!

Phantom Kat

A Daydreamer Longing To Write
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    I SR'ed for a Jolly Male Totodile, and I'm planning to SR for a shiny Lugia after I beat Clair; I might also SR for a shiny Ho-Oh later on, too. I know it'll take a LONG while, but that might give me the shove I need to take a break from Soul Silver and finish Phantom Hourglass. :p

- Kat

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Question.. is SRing the same as just turning the game off and on?

If so, I do SR. I did for my starter's nature, and I do it with gift Pokemon to get the nature I want.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • I'm currently soft-resetting for a Timid Lugia (I actually prefer him non-shiny) and have caught him about a dozen times with no success. Ah well, the Heavy Balls have been working like a charm, so each catch attempt has gone pretty smoothly. I'm on spring break right now, so I'm prepared to settle in and catch him over and over...and over again until it works.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm not going to bother with SRing. I'mma RNG abuse!

Planning on getting a shiny Suicune at the very least.

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • Because i really wanted to today, i fully reset my heart gold 6 times, and SRed for about an hour each time (3 outta the 6 ) so i can get male and female starters, i knew there are easier ways but those options arent avalible to me.

also

Whats the benifit of SRing for a pokemons nature? O_o

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    ugh, i hate SR'ing, but its worth it in my opinion. i got a shiny suicine in about idk, 1000 SR's? (2 days of SR'ing)

its very tedious -.-

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Ugh, I soft reset my game for a timid, female Cyndaquil, but it always come out as a male with a neutral nature. :[

Years
  • I'll usually SR while watching TV so it doesn't seem so horribly tedious. Although, I've never successfully accomplished a shiny. I'm not competitive in Battles so I have yet to try with Natures.

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
  • I tried to get a Jolly/Adamant male totodile and got it on my second try.
    Tried to get a modest male eevee, but ended up with a timid one. Awesome! saved it, checked again, female. Not what I wanted. I bred about 50 eevees to get a modest one. =A=

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • I might SR for my legendary's natures, and maybe for a shiny Snorlax (but I can safely say now that I'll get way too bored of that), and perhaps my starter's nature, but not much else.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I have been Soft-Reseting for 9 days to get a Shiny Ho-oh! 9 DAYS!!!!! oh man I have reset the game thousands of times with no luck...

Back