• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use a Grass Type on your team?

Did you use a Grass Type?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 72.1%
  • No!

Votes: 43 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Nope, never until Serperior on gen V.

Years
    In my original and only regular Pearl playthrough in '07 I heavily relied on my Torterra. More for its Ground than Grass qualities though, because while it does learn Leech Seed, Torterra is not at all a good Leech Seed user since it's rather slow and has a severe lack of status moves.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    In Diamond, I used Torterra in my very first playthrough.
    In Pearl, I was stick with Roserade,
    In Platinum, I used Abomasnow or Leafeon in my various playthroughs, Sinnoh is the only region where I used a Grass-type every time.

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
    I used Roserade in both Diamond and Platinum, but switched to Meganium after getting the National 'dex. I don't think a (pure) Grass-type is necessary at all for the League. Just teach a decent move to a Pokemon (counting all pros and cons, ofc) and you're all set.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Tropius as an HM Slave, but I don't think that really counts.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    You know, thinking about it... I actually never really did use a Grass-type Pokemon in Sinnoh. I usually opted for Electric and Water-types when it came to dealing with Water and Rock or Ground-typed Pokemon.

It's funny, because in other Generations, I would end up using a Grass-type Pokemon, such as Vileplume or Victreebel in Gen. I, Bellossom in Gen. II, Sceptile or Breloom in Gen. III and Serperior, Leavanny or Lilligant (to name a few) in Gen. V. It wasn't really anything I thought about before, but now that I have, I'm surprised Generation IV is the only Generation that I've not used a Grass-type Pokemon.

Except for in my HG/SS run, but that doesn't really count. xD

theoblivinator

1337 Poisons
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Apr 30, 2022
    I used Roserade on my first Diamond run. She was very powerful and helped out a lot during the journey.

The best part about her is I bred her with a modest Ditto and hatched a shiny modest Roselia for my competitive team. :D

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
    Diamond: Roserade. Not half bad.
    Pearl: Torterra. Seriously awesome.
    Platinum(First playthrough): Leafeon. Better than I expected.
    Platinum(Second playthrough): Tangrowth. Same as Leafeon.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Not on my official team, but for extra stuff I used Leafeon. It's one of my favorite Eeveelutions.

CLU

┐('へ')┌ Like I cared
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Here
    • Seen Nov 1, 2020
    I think I was used Roserade, he has very nice design. :3

★CLU

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
    Years
    I'm really not a big fan of grass types...never have been. I've played through Diamond multiple times, and never once had a grass type on my team. I'm actually getting ready to play through Diamond again, and most likely wont have one on my team.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
    Roserade has to be one of my favorite grass types of all time! I absolutely loved mine!

I'm probably going to replay my Platinum with Turtwig as a starter though, since Torterra looks awesome and I never really leveled mine after I got a Turtwig from my friend.

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
    Years
    I haven't used a Grass Pokemon. I just didn't need one through out the game play so I didn't I obtain one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back