• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you use the Pokemon Bank in your ORAS game?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    So, thanks to the Pokemon Bank, it's easy to grab massive amounts of Pokemon from any gen 5 or other gen 6 game and transfer all of them into ORAS at once. You could use this to assist in completing the Dex, or if you wanted you could use it to have Pokemon on your team during your playthrough that you wouldn't normally be able to have, such as a Kalos native Pokemon, for example.

So, what about you? Did you make use of the Pokemon Bank in your ORAS game?

Blacephalon

Will you survive?
    Years
    A few times I used it to start over my copy of Pokemon X and to obtain the hidden ability starters. Recently I used PokeBank to transfer the Pokemon from my Alpha Sapphire to my X version because my old 3DS somewhat broke as I feared my digital purchase would be forever lost and I wanted to keep all of my Pokemon considering there were shinies, EV bred Pokemon, etc (Got a new one with my data intact though!)

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I rely on Pokemon Bank heavily, perhaps too much. It bridges the connection from Gens 3-5 and Gen 6, and this is key for my completion of my living dex. Mine is about half full and it'll be bittersweet when it's 100% full.

Years
    Immediately when I got the game, I transfered my newly bred team of shines from X via Pokemon Bank.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    Donate monnies for the subscription ploxe.

Although really for someone that mainly plays pokemon for their offline features pokebank is of no interest to me.

At least it isn't a $40 game that you have to sync with the wii u to transfer pokemon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I did. Transferred over a bunch of stuff from Y.

And then spent about 2-3 hours manually trading some more from Y to AS because Game Freak sucks and won't let us transfer items via Bank.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I never once used Pokémon Bank in ORAS. I didn't really need it since the only Pokémon I stored were legendary ones.

Years
    Yep I use it a lot, the extra space is really useful. I forgot to renew it last year so had a brief moment of panic but all turned out ok! I transferred my favourites and others from previous gens to help with the Dex and to transfer between the gen 6 games as it's quicker than trading. I'm really glad they invented it!

Agenta

General Breeder
    Years
    I have it, and use it extensively for breeding and trading between carts when I don't have another 3ds to use.

Years
    I don't like paid subscription services, given I'm from a low income household. So no, I don't bother with Pokemon Bank.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't like paid subscription services, given I'm from a low income household. So no, I don't bother with Pokemon Bank.

Five dollars a year isn't exactly highway robbery, that's about 41 and 2/3rds cents a month.

Anyways, I've used bank extensively. I have an insane amount of Pokemon all the way back from 3rd gen I like to always bring over and then teach them new moves/change their abilities with ability capsule.

I sent my competitive level 100's from X to AS. Y and OR are stand-alone nuzlocke games so no transferring for those.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Even though for just a 5 bucks for 1 year service, I still don't like using it since the free thing just expired few years ago and I unable to use it without paying a buck for just transfering over.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Yep I use it, and believe me it isn't easy to transfer loads of pokemon from gen 5.

See how long it takes you to transfer 649 pokemon from Pokemon white.

Now everything is in gen 6 though its hugely useful for transferring complete pokedex etc to new games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    I finally broke down and got it a week ago... My Arceus its amazing! I can now use my Kalos team and Friends in OR <3 Best five bucks ever!

Rantiki

Champion of SEN Children
    Years
    I do use it, and as I plan on going back and playing heart gold, white, and black 2 it's going to be needed I would imagine.

Also on one game Hubby pointed out that even with a male and female of every pokemon nevermind the endless duplicates I seem to wish to store, that the boxes in game weren't going to cut it as storage...

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    yes i got the pokebank a few months back. i used it for one day to transfer my shinies over from my platinum. i wish there was an easier way to transfer them to my oras games, but there isn't so i have to play that silly capture game.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
    The only thing I really did with my Pokemon Bank subscription was copy my living Unown box so I could have all recorded Unown formes in Gen VI, ready to trade on over to a future game where collecting them is a sidequest.

Back