• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you use your Lucario?

Years
    Obligatory. Same as one of my threads, the one about Riolu.

After defeating Korrina, and then ecountering her at top of the tower, you recieve Lucario from her with Lucarionite. Did you use it for your later gameplay? What do you think about it?

Lihtal

Castle Guard
    Years
    On my first play through i used lucario up until the very end. Then i restarted my game on my second play didn't use him Because even with mega evolution...fighting type is not that helpful in the game, not since in my opinion there are waaaay to much karate trainers.

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    On my first playthrough, him and Delphox lead the charge for Pikachu and Blastoise. Xerneas proceeded to take Lucario's spot. All five of them appeared in my first E4 run. My Lucario now sits in a box, slowly going insane.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I did use it for a while, and it was excellent. :] Replaced it with Scizor later on, though, because, well, I just love this Pokémon; it's amazing when it comes to battling. Would've kept them both, but didn't want to risk having my vulnerable to fire. Did have Blastoise to wall fire-type hits, but still; I like being careful when it comes to team-building.

Years
    The only time I ever used it was in a Wedlocke, as a replacement after my Diggersby and Simisear died against Calem's Delphox. It came in handy against the last two Gyms, since Mega Evolution was really cool and all, but it came to its untimely end against a Black Belt in Victory Road with a Heracross. :(

Other than that i've never used it in-game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I was thinking about using it when I first got it (I was slightly touched that it wanted to be with me so bad), but when I saw that it comes with a Hasty nature and perfect Speed IVs, I decided to hold off on using it until later so I could properly train it for competitive use. It now sees some use in Wifi battles and the Battle Maison. Mega Lucario is one of my favorite megas.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
    I used him when I first got him, after awhile though he got old and did not fit in with my team so I switched him for a Zorack. Though the chance to get a mega evolution pokemon earlyish in the game was really cool.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    In my original Y team, I took Lucario mainly for the Lucarionite, but I used my Riolu that I had caught and raised myself - once my Riolu evolved he would have the stone ready.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
    Years
    Nope, never used him. Was running an all-fairy team. Honestly, a free Lucario with its Mega Stone is making the game too easy. They really, REALLY don't want anyone to lose, I guess, that'd hurt their feelings. :}

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I used my Lucario, even now. Lucario is quite Overpowered, and Fairy type Pokemon cringe when I send him out. Poison jab and Iron Claw just owns any fairy typed Pokemon. He still helps me win battles in online battles.

In my second playthrough, I use it up until I catch Xerneas. No need for 2 Lucarios.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    lolno. I've never liked Lucario. I don't hate it. It's just one of those Pokemon that don't interest me at all..it's sort of just there. Like Purugly.

I'll just stick to my Braixen. Seriously. Only Braixen the entire way through.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I boxed the poor guy. XD
    I haven't used a Mega yet and I don't want to so I don't have a need to use it. I'm not a big fan of Lucario anyways either so I definitely didn't end up using it.

I should use him though.

Years
    i used him till the very end of the game, i love lucario so when he was given to me i was very excited because i didnt think i would use one for my whole playthrough, he filled out my team pretty nicely

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I used a team of 30 going through my first playthrough of X and Y because I honestly couldn't decide what Pokemon I wanted to raise, so I had a constant rotating roster. Naturally, the Lucario found himself being on my team, and was a rather welcome addition.

Back