• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you want a Remake or a Brand New Game? (Edit: Confirmed as remakes!)

What did you want Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to be?

• Total voters

The Doctor

What!?
Years
  • So we all know now that OR and AS are remakes of the original games, so how does this make you guys feel? Are you happy about it or did you want it to be a sequel?

-------Original Post--------------------

See, it COULD be a Remake because of the names OMEGA and ALPHA on it, just like HEARTgold and SOULsilver, that's the main reason, plus you have Groudon and Kyogre chilling on the boxart in their regular forms just like the previous games.

HOWEVER, it could be sequel or a brand new game set in Hoenn.

In the trailer you see these two images:
    2.png

1-1.png

Now is it me or are the really emphasizing the whole NEW part, if it's a remake then it isn't NEW really, when the story and the region are going to be practically the same. And a NEW adventure? This leads me to believe it's a new game. Or at least re-imagined and the stories are told a different way.

What do you guys think?​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    Actually, Groudon and Kyogre on the boxart don't look like their regular forms to me, which suggests a sequel with a new story. The press release also claimed the new games will feature "a spectacular new world." I'd feel let down if they're really just pure remakes after a claim like that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think that the games will be sequels, but that there will be more to it after you defeat the Elite Four. Maybe there will be an entirely new set of gym like in HG/SS. However, a new adventure would be cool as well. Maybe set 10 years after the events of Ruby/Sapphire.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • The box art implies that at least Kyogre is in a new form. It doesn't normally have that pattern on its forehead. I see the omega symbol glowing on Groudon's claw and the alpha symbol on Kyogre's fins, symbols from the Greek alphabet. It could be a apocalyptic sequel for all I know.

Years
  • Actually, Groudon and Kyogre on the boxart don't look like their regular forms to me, which suggests a sequel with a new story. The press release also claimed the new games will feature "a spectacular new world." I'd feel let down if they're really just pure remakes after a claim like that.

Some say it is a possible Mega

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I'm thinking that they're sequels set in Kalos*. It wouldn't make sense for the 2 new Zygarde formes and Kalos mythics to be released in Hoenn.

*by Kalos, I mean the directly neighboring areas that Kalos went to war with in the past

Years
  • I would love to see remakes, but based on what the video is implying, I think it's just going to be a sequel. I'd love to see it set in Hoenn as well.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's too difficult to tell right now, I'd prefer a full-blown remake, but as long as they're set in Hoenn I'll be content.

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • I'm thinking that they're sequels set in Kalos*. It wouldn't make sense for the 2 new Zygarde formes and Kalos mythics to be released in Hoenn.

*by Kalos, I mean the directly neighboring areas that Kalos went to war with in the past

Since when is there Zygarde forms? It's rumoured, not confirmed.

It might be in a new region, but if it was it wouldn't be named after Ruby and Sapphire would it? No it would have a new name altogether.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    They did the "new adventure" thing for HG/SS too

Spoiler:

so it's most likely meaningless

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • So much of the game HAS TO BE made from scratch since the games are in 3D Models, not sprites.

They might as well write a new story mode.

They should add small islands to the water routes, so the last 3rd of the game has more biodiversity.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    Im wondering if they might merge a section of every generation into this new games (well I say new, might be just re-makes)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Hate to burst bubbles, but HGSS also said it was a new adventure when it was advertised, but is essentially the same as GSC. So I wouldn't count on anything but a remake.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I'm guessing they're going for a more B2W2 approach on it all. Whether it'll be a sequel set in the future or prequel set in the past, I believe it's gonna take place in Hoenn during a different time frame from the originals. I honestly don't think they're gonna risk not making the main region of the game Hoenn, since that's what fans have been begging for for years :p

"A spectacular new world" could suggest a new region, but I'm more inclined to believe that it's just Hoenn that's been reshaped through Groudon/Kyogre, which could suggest that the versions would have different layouts :o Since the original Hoenn already was about half land half water, which could mean each version would have one of the two dominate the layout.

The promise of a new adventure definitely suggests that they're gonna be different from the originals though. Perhaps an alternate dimension?! :OO

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • I'm guessing they're going for a more B2W2 approach on it all. Whether it'll be a sequel set in the future or prequel set in the past, I believe it's gonna take place in Hoenn during a different time frame from the originals. I honestly don't think they're gonna risk not making the main region of the game Hoenn, since that's what fans have been begging for for years :p

"A spectacular new world" could suggest a new region, but I'm more inclined to believe that it's just Hoenn that's been reshaped through Groudon/Kyogre, which could suggest that the versions would have different layouts :o Since the original Hoenn already was about half land half water, which could mean each version would have one of the two dominate the layout.

The promise of a new adventure definitely suggests that they're gonna be different from the originals though. Perhaps an alternate dimension?! :OO

Oooh I like that idea, however if Water dominates Land in Sapphire (i'd assume) then you'd need to get surf really early on.

Or perhaps every town is now an island because of Kyogre.

And in Ruby it'll be the ocean has all but dried up and there will be more mountains and hills etc.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Remakes, sequels, or something else?

So at the time of the authorship of this thread, there's little to no information regarding Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The only information we've been given is as follows:

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favorite hits on the Game Boy Advance system. The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world.

So all we know is that they're new games, and they'll involve Groudon and Kyogre, and they're a "fresh take" on Ruby and Sapphire.

So what do you think they'll be? Remakes of Ruby & Sapphire (i.e. same plot, same story, same everything but with a fresh coat of paint), sequels to Ruby & Sapphire (same region, but new plot, new main characters, and takes place some time after the events of the originals), or neither of the above (i.e. something no one expects)? Mind you, I'm asking what you think it will be, as opposed to what your preference is.

Years

"There aren't too many details about the game just yet, but from the sounds of it, it is not just a remake, but an entirely new adventure. Additionally, even looking at the official box art implies that there's something going on with Groudon and Kyogre."

That was what Marriland said after the initial announcement. After this, and some talk in Trade Corner IRC chat, i'm inclined to agree with what Olli said, it might be an expansion to Hoenn like they did with BW2. So that's what i'm leaning towards myself, and hoping for.

However, myself, I had envisioned for a while that they might do something with BW where Team Magma/Aqua take a larger approach to the story. I could go into that more if I wanted.

Back