• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you

Tangela

I'M GONNA TANGLE YA!
    Years
    reset your Heartgold game before getting to Johto? I'm thinking of restarting after the E4. I'm leaning towards Resetting but i dont wanna lose my Gengar Alakazam Feraligatr Meganium and Charizard. (Btw, I cant transfer pokemon so that's out.)

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    The first time I beat any Pokemon game I let the credits roll. Then I reset afterwards.
    Assuming that's what you meant, obviously.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I think you meant, "getting to Kanto." After beating Lance, I just let the credits roll and proceed with the post-story line.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I only reset when I've beat all/most of the game. Then I go do some kind of challenge while storing all my important pokemon on my sister's game.

Years
    I used to always reset Emerald, and i still do, i am also thinking about doing that with heart gold but it takes me a while to finish the game again as i am bored with the storylines after i beat them, i suggest only resetting if you think you can beat it in a few days and not get bored.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    I like Lugia more than Ho-oh so I main HG to reset SS at my leisure. One SS run takes me a few days if I rush and trade with myself. Lucky Egg helps. And the Primo eggs. I also keep that Spearow gift and stock up on the NPC trades and stock up a bit on the Sinjoh Ruins choices.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I used to do this all the time. I don't recommend it though, it can sometimes be hard to get back into the game if you restart and lose your stuff.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I'm currently in Kanto now, but I haven't resetted, I still intend to grind my Johto team to beat Red. (:

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    I never reset.

Heck, I plugged in my old Gold and Silver GBC games last year just to remember those old teams I made.
    Ah, the good 'ol days.

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Naturally, I finish most of my game, then store my special pokemon in my Diamond and Pearl.
    Surprisingly, I finished my pokedex in both of those games.
    But some exceptions of not resetting.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Like others, I only reset once I have at least beaten red and I want another challenge.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I only do that when the game is so boring that all there is left do is basically nothing. However, it would be a waste to just restart a new game after completing only half of the adventure. :(

I'd say that the best thing to do is just finish everything and start all over again, but make sure things are different this time around.

austin00081

young money
    Years
    I reset HG after I beat it the first time due to boredom with the game. I've beaten it again thoroughly, but I'm not resetting this time.

As for Diamond, I just reset my game after having it since its release in 2007. There were over 100 hours recorded. I did manage to trade over my good pokemon to Platinum, though.

It takes a lot of courage to reset a game's file, however, it is a good way to recreate the entertainment from the game the first time you played it.

Back