• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diet Drinks

How bad are diet drinks

• They're bad stuff

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • They're fine

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • O.K. but don't overdo it

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Not bad at all

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Everyone knows diets don't work. It's nice to have a low-sugar (or low-sodium, or low-whatever) option for your food, but having diet soda is like having low-fat lard. Just don't have it.
    I don't see how that's comparable. There are about 150 Calories per can of Coca-cola (I may be off a little, but who cares, the exact number isn't important), plus 40 grams of sugar/carbohydrates. Diet Coke, on the other hand, has 0 Calories, and -- guess what?-- no sugar or carbs.

A 3 liter bottle of Coke is ~1200 calories + ~324g sugar/carbs.
    A 3 liter bottle of Diet Coke... 0 and 0.

It isn't "low-fat lard", it's "artificial, fat-free lard"

I'm personally more worried about my weight killing me than hypothetical brain cancer 70 years from now. Aspartame hasn't even been proven to do anything unless you consume it in horribly unreasonable amounts... which I do, but still. Sunlight also causes cancer, but that doesn't stop me from going outside.

I love Diet Dr. Pepper. It's one of my favorite things. I lost like 50lbs from basically just switching to diet sodas and eating slightly less. :\

Also, fun fact: Diet Coke and Coke Zero are nutritionally identical. The only difference is different ratios of artificial sweeteners.

My denist told me and Curtis diet Sugery drinks are worst for your teeth, so Curtis stopped drinking diet pepsi.
    Your "Denist" is an idiot. It isn't diet sugary drinks that are worst, it's acidic drinks like all soft drinks are, not just the diet ones. Just stop drinking anything but water and milk if you're that worried about your teeth. Pretty much everything else is bad for them.

Last edited:

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    There's no point for me to drink them (i'm skinny xD) and they taste gross, so I prefer the old fashioned drinks. :3

if I get diabetes i'll cry

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I've always just preferred diet sodas to regular, except in the case of Mountain Dew. I've never drunk diet drinks because of the "diet" aspect, I've just always preferred the taste. Yeah, I'm weird, I get it. I usually feel nauseous after drinking an entire can of regular soda just because I'm not used to that much sugar at once. Oh well. I'm in the mood for a Diet Coke right about now.

Years
    Honestly, I hate diet. Even just the taste.

But the way I think of it, even though it might seem a little simplistic, is...

You can always work off the sugar, but if the chemicals have an adverse effect on you over time then there probably won't be a way to fix it.

Ayselipera

Diet or regular I try not to drink either of them. Diet is just a big can of sodium while regular is just a big can of sugar. I could really go without either in the end.

Back