• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Differences between cartriges

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
Years
  • Maybe I'm just crazy and imagining this, or maybe it's really true. On my Black cartridge, as well as all previous cartridges I've owned, pokemon just use random moves. There's no actual AI. So it's pretty easy to beat.

On my White, however, I just barely started but already I can see strategy at work. Everybody uses Leer no less than 3 times before walloping me. My boyfriend played it before me and had the problem of everyone putting all his pokemon to sleep, all the time. Not that I'm complaining, bring on the challenge! But has anyone else ever noticed something like this?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • It's just luck, or something. :x It's nothing to do with the cartridges themselves. :(

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • I have a hard time believing it's luck, since *every* battle on White is like this. Even wild battles.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Nintendo released some cartridges "easy mode" and some "hard mode."

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Yeah, it's gotta be luck... I wish the game had a difficulty setting though. But I don't see why they would change it between versions.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • Maybe not between versions, but just a few random cartridges I would think.

Also, my boyfriend had the same problem. I erased his game and it's acting the same way.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    There isn't anything wrong with the cartridge nor is it a problem within the game, though we'll make this into a greater discussion to keep it running. :>

What do you think of the strategic play throughout battles between wild and trainer Pokémon? Do you think it has changed from previous games/generations? Do you find the moves opponent Pokémon use against you are played well (meaning more difficult and strategic) or easier?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I overpredict against everything, INCLUDING in-game :(

"yeah that hiker is going to switch out his boldore from my klank, better volt switch"

"ffffffffffffffffff"

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What do you think of the strategic play throughout battles between wild and trainer Pokémon?: It's the same from the past games for me.

Do you think it has changed from previous games/generations?:
    See above answer.

Do you find the moves opponent Pokémon use against you are played well (meaning more difficult and strategic) or easier?:
    During the first battles with Bianca and Cheren (replayed when I was looking for a good starter), there were times when they used Leer/Tail Whip when I was about to die, making it easy for me to KO them.When I was battling Ghetsis, there were times when his Hydreigon stuck to Dragon Pulse and occasions when it used Focus Blast (which has less power than a STAB Dragon Pulse). It was a little easier on my part.

Cid

Years
  • What do you think of the strategic play throughout battles between wild and trainer Pokémon? Do you think it has changed from previous games/generations? Do you find the moves opponent Pokémon use against you are played well (meaning more difficult and strategic) or easier?

I haven't been looking in the internet for an actual supported answer to this question, but based on my own experience, the strategies of my opponents seem easier, since I find that most of the time I don't have to grind at all for the next area. Although there have been exceptions with a particular few Pokemon (the wild Litwick in Celestial Tower keep using the Will-O-Wisp > Hex combo on my Pokemon), I sort of find the fights to be easier, which could probably be done for the newcomers to the franchise.

Now then, I do hope that the way I'm laughing at the game doesn't prompt it to prove me wrong and suddenly make everything difficult for me. That would be awful. D:

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • I know what you mean, OP~! The AI in my game seem as if I'm actually playing with another player.

What do you think of the strategic play throughout battles between wild and trainer Pokémon?
    For me, they both played the same. I don't know about anyone else, but the game played for me like it did with the OP; with a great deal of strategy. The AI would use moves that would be very affective to my Pokémon, repeatedly, and if I switch Pokémon, the AI would use a move that was affective against THAT Pokémon over and over again.

Do you think it has changed from previous games/generations?
    The last gen I played before this was gen I, so that is a definite yes for me, by default. xP

Do you find the moves opponent Pokémon use against you are played well (meaning more difficult and strategic) or easier?
    As I mentioned, the moves my opponent used were quite strategic and made thinks a bit more difficult.

Back