• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Differences

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    What are the differences between the Japanese LG/FR and the English versions, I have been wondering for awhile, and have played the American version so many times I've memorized a lot of it, so I started playing the Japanese version on my VBA looking for any changes, so far none.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    hmmm, you've got text, and that's about it, before the English version came out, i was playing the Jap version of Firered on my VBA, so there's not really any difference

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 115
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    In Pokémon games, they don't really cut anything out because well, there's nothing to cut out.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    In Pokémon games, they don't really cut anything out because well, there's nothing to cut out.

well, in the newer ones they don't but in R/B, they took out mew, in Crystal, they took out Celebi, but in the later Games, they leave everything in

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    An FAQ/Walkthrough on GameFAQ's said that the Japanese trainer tower (Island 7) was worse than the american versions, no prizes and none of the options to do whichever of the 4 modes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Oh well I heard that the Japanese FR/LG had islands 8/9 and you could get the tickets to them without going to a event, maybe I heard wrong?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Oh well I heard that the Japanese FR/LG had islands 8/9 and you could get the tickets to them without going to a event, maybe I heard wrong?

No, you still have to have the event for them, even in the Jap versions

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
  • It seems that the only changes are text translation and changing the "SHOP" on the mart tile into "MART". I think that's about it though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2007
    well there is a differnce case they be leaving all the good glitches in japenese games and dose not leav any glitches for the english version was up with that

Back