• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Different Trainer Sprites

AskipLudo

The Masked Guy
    Years
    Hello, so let's say I have 1 trainer type : BUGCATCHER but I wan't 2 (or more) different sprites
    Like there is the basic BUGCATCHER, I would like to add a female bugcatcher to the game but I tried stuff and nothing worked.

I have 2 sprites (bugcatcher.png and bugcatcher_1.png) same for overworld, but in essentials when adding trainer and the script to start the fight how do I change this?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I might be wrong, but I think you need to create a new trainer type for every sprite it calls.

For example:
    - male Bug Catcher (Internal name: BUGCATCHER1),
    - female Bug Catcher (Internal name: BUGCATCHER2),
    - kid Bug Catcher (Internal name: BUGCATCHER3).

AskipLudo

The Masked Guy
    Years
    I might be wrong, but I think you need to create a new trainer type for every sprite it calls.

For example:
    - male Bug Catcher (Internal name: BUGCATCHER1),
    - female Bug Catcher (Internal name: BUGCATCHER2),
    - kid Bug Catcher (Internal name: BUGCATCHER3).

Oh, I see I thought another way was possible but I will do that then. Thanks

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    You can also just use _F rather than having to define the female as an entirely separate version of the Bug Catcher though you will need to alter the PBS to "mixed" gender to allow both rather than the default of male only.
    Most Trainer Types have a counterpart that simply uses _M or _F
    Trainers that use 2 at the end of their Type seem to be Swimmers and Tubers in water rather than the one without a number which are land based.
    I've been using numbers to have multiple Youngsters and Lasses from the generations.
    I also have a female Bug Catcher and she is just defined the same as any other female counterpart of a Class.
    I did the same to redefine a Picknicker as a female Camper because it just makes no sense to me making them seperate genders as they originally are.

Last edited:

AskipLudo

The Masked Guy
    Years
    You can also just use _F rather than having to define the female as an entirely separate version of the Bug Catcher though you will need to alter the PBS to "mixed" gender to allow both rather than the default of male only.
    Most Trainer Types have a counterpart that simply uses _M or _F
    Trainers that use 2 at the end of their Type seem to be Swimmers and Tubers in water rather than the one without a number which are land based.
    I've been using numbers to have multiple Youngsters and Lasses from the generations.
    I also have a female Bug Catcher and she is just defined the same as any other female counterpart of a Class.
    I did the same to redefine a Picknicker as a female Camper because it just makes no sense to me making them seperate genders as they originally are.

I see, well I will do a mix of thing, thank you

Back