• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Digimon Adventure TCG

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Seen today
    And now for something really out of left field but I felt the world needed it anyway:

TCG-post-gif.gif

That's right boyos. It's the Pokemon TCG. But with Digimon.

Screenshots:
    HGiT8kQ.png
    ZzJnPg0.png
    K86BIGb.png
    y0WkmGs.png
    Gez3Ehd.png
    og95i5f.png
    OAIr1Am.png
    dd460XA.png
    0Ei5EMH.png
    IlSUcAl.png
    575OwZU.png
    vsKIjiJ.png
    XpuAjaN.png
    7IT3Z2K.png
    ijBSXZ5.png
    Iql2KUv.png
    l2ynLsA.png
    eqZvYvl.png
    sAsGz5W.png
    TYeSjyN.png

Gameplay trailer:

Features:

• All Pokemon swapped out for Digimon
    • All attacks shuffled and reworked for improved balance
    • Less coin flips for increased strategizing
    • Evolution cards buffed to be worth the investment
    • All types balanced-- every type has exactly 2 weaknesses and 2 resistances
    • Fighting and Psychic replaced with new "Earth" and "Dark" types, respectively
    • Minor dialogue tweaks
    • Streamlined attack descriptions, as follows:

• Spoiler:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Known Glitches:
    Spoiler:

Documentation:
    Spoiler:

FAQ:
    Spoiler:

Installation Instructions:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just finished it with this list:
    Spoiler:

Really loved the run and the art is pretty amazing to be honest!
    What I loved the most:
    * The art. So cool to have custom sprites!
    * Weakness/Resistances approach. It is so interesting to be always trying to mix and match your opponent threats. I'd maybe shuffle a little bit more the Weakness/Resistances even in the same type just to give some more interesting matchups.
    * Hybrid attacks. They are so cool and really pushes you to make mixed decks. Piximon is my favorite one but Angewomon and Magna Angemon seems cool too.
    * The attention to details to reskin all the game. Stuff like "tamer cards" instead of "trainer cards" or "Jijimon" instead of "Prof. Oak".

In the other hand I found it a little bit unbalanced. Some notes I took:
    * I still don't know what Blindness does (e.g. Thunder Volt from Betamon). I dunno if it is buggy but I didn't notice any difference between a Digimon with or without Blindness.
    * You wanted us to make mixed decks to compensate weakness & resistances but most of attacks are so expensive and intensive in energy requirements that that it's really hard mathematically speaking (e. g. Palmon's Poison Ivy, Kyubimon's Tengu, Raidramon's Thunder Blast).
    * Betamon is completely nuts, 40 damage for an energy overwhelms any other Digimon and can 3 hit KO 120hp if needed.
    * Since Energy Removal and Gust of Wind are still in the format, attacks for 4, 5 or 6 energies are almost impossible to do consistently.
    * Earth is by far the worst type right now. I got that their deal is to be very beefy with lots of HP but theirs attacks are so energy intensive to worth the effort of using them over any other type or type combination.
    * You can stall pretty easily with 2 Ghostmon. Maybe it is intended but there's a lot of ways of trapping your opponent in a 2 Ghostmon loop until you strike for lethal.

What I'd like if sometime we get an update:
    * Nerfing Jijimon. It's already been done in Pokemon TCG Neo in this same community (drawing 6 cards instead of 7). I don't know if it's complicated to mod but maybe you can speak with its creator to know how it works.
    * More hybrid attacks! =D
    * Less energy intensive attacks and more with colorless requirements, just like Water that has a good mix of water & colorless energy requirements

Years
  • Yeah, I tried the game yesterday for a while and I agree with the comment above! Good job!

Had some fun, the art is really cool, but energy requirements are very high. And maybe it is because Earth is very energy intensive, but when battling the AI these Pokémon requiring so many energies are badly utilized by them. I didn't go to other clubs, so maybe with different Pokémon something different happens, but I was winning battles with the weak KoDokugumon, because when I did certain damage, they stopped charging energies and didn't even attack me. Will keep going and try more combinations and see more opponents.

Years
  • Yeah, I tried the game yesterday for a while and I agree with the comment above! Good job!

Had some fun, the art is really cool, but energy requirements are very high. And maybe it is because Earth is very energy intensive, but when battling the AI these Pokémon requiring so many energies are badly utilized by them. I didn't go to other clubs, so maybe with different Pokémon something different happens, but I was winning battles with the weak KoDokugumon, because when I did certain damage, they stopped charging energies and didn't even attack me. Will keep going and try more combinations and see more opponents.
    KoDokugumon + Gekomon was my deck most of my playthrough until I got my Betamons & Leomons.
    Kodokugumon can deal 30 damage for GGG (20 + 10 poison) on the spot and his Power is relevant in multiples, you can time your evolutions when needed to stop critical turns of your opponent. In the context of this game that is kinda strong even if in the original TCG doing so was just regular.
    I theorize also that we can make a deck stacking powers with paralysis lol.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Just finished it with this list:
    Spoiler:

Really loved the run and the art is pretty amazing to be honest!
    What I loved the most:
    * The art. So cool to have custom sprites!
    * Weakness/Resistances approach. It is so interesting to be always trying to mix and match your opponent threats. I'd maybe shuffle a little bit more the Weakness/Resistances even in the same type just to give some more interesting matchups.
    * Hybrid attacks. They are so cool and really pushes you to make mixed decks. Piximon is my favorite one but Angewomon and Magna Angemon seems cool too.
    * The attention to details to reskin all the game. Stuff like "tamer cards" instead of "trainer cards" or "Jijimon" instead of "Prof. Oak".

In the other hand I found it a little bit unbalanced. Some notes I took:
    * I still don't know what Blindness does (e.g. Thunder Volt from Betamon). I dunno if it is buggy but I didn't notice any difference between a Digimon with or without Blindness.
    * You wanted us to make mixed decks to compensate weakness & resistances but most of attacks are so expensive and intensive in energy requirements that that it's really hard mathematically speaking (e. g. Palmon's Poison Ivy, Kyubimon's Tengu, Raidramon's Thunder Blast).
    * Betamon is completely nuts, 40 damage for an energy overwhelms any other Digimon and can 3 hit KO 120hp if needed.
    * Since Energy Removal and Gust of Wind are still in the format, attacks for 4, 5 or 6 energies are almost impossible to do consistently.
    * Earth is by far the worst type right now. I got that their deal is to be very beefy with lots of HP but theirs attacks are so energy intensive to worth the effort of using them over any other type or type combination.
    * You can stall pretty easily with 2 Ghostmon. Maybe it is intended but there's a lot of ways of trapping your opponent in a 2 Ghostmon loop until you strike for lethal.

What I'd like if sometime we get an update:
    * Nerfing Jijimon. It's already been done in Pokemon TCG Neo in this same community (drawing 6 cards instead of 7). I don't know if it's complicated to mod but maybe you can speak with its creator to know how it works.
    * More hybrid attacks! =D
    * Less energy intensive attacks and more with colorless requirements, just like Water that has a good mix of water & colorless energy requirements

Thank you for such detailed and thoughtful feedback! I guess I'll go through it one-by-one.

-"Blindness" is just the effect from attacks like Smokescreen, Sand Attack, etc. Streamlining the attack descriptions was one of my objectives for the hack.
    -Yeah Betamon is a bit OP on second thought. I can nerf him slightly (and Leomon too) after I post this comment.
    -Really? I was consistently attaching 5 or 6 energies to my mons if they were bulky enough to tank a few hits.
    -Interesting! I actually had a lot of luck running an Earth-Fire deck.
    -Yeah, that's true about Ghostmon. The enemy AI is pretty dumb so it's easy to cheese them like that. I like Ghostmon having vanish but I may end up swapping that out in a later update if I notice other players abusing it.
    -I don't know how to change the effects of Trainer ("Tamer") cards like Jijimon/Prof Oak. Maybe if I take a closer look into the DIsassembly itself (instead of relying on EZ Card Editor) I can find the answer. But that would mean recompiling the whole game and having to input all the Digimon data all over again so I'll probably only get to it if the game is need of a huge overhaul.

Thanks again for the helpful feedback! Glad you enjoyed it! 😁

Yeah, I tried the game yesterday for a while and I agree with the comment above! Good job!

Yeah the AI is quite dumb sometimes because it thinks its still playing the original version. I may have to compensate for this by giving some of the Earth mons a cheaper, weaker secondary attack that the AI can actually select. Thanks for the feedback!

Days
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Juts finished the game and got all the cards, it's an awesome romhack, I wanna say I liked what you did with the Mega-Level digis, making them Basic level mons,
    Spoiler:
    I used four different kinds of decks, started with a Grass focused on Yanmamon, Sunflowermon and WarpPaildramon, a dark focused on WarpDigivolving to Miyotismon and Mephistomon, a Water one with Ebidramon, Gekomon and WarpZudomon and finally a normal/light Venusmon focused deck. My main ones were the Water and Dark

Water
    Spoiler:

Dark
    Spoiler:

My Thoughts overall
    Spoiler:

My Suggestions.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Juts finished the game and got all the cards, it's an awesome romhack, I wanna say I liked what you did with the Mega-Level digis, making them Basic level mons,
    Spoiler:
    I used four different kinds of decks, started with a Grass focused on Yanmamon, Sunflowermon and WarpPaildramon, a dark focused on WarpDigivolving to Miyotismon and Mephistomon, a Water one with Ebidramon, Gekomon and WarpZudomon and finally a normal/light Venusmon focused deck. My main ones were the Water and Dark

Water
    Spoiler:

Dark
    Spoiler:

My Thoughts overall
    Spoiler:

My Suggestions.
    Spoiler:

Thanks for the extensive feedback! You've played a slightly outdated version; in the newest release Earth has received a slight buff, Leomon is not quite so broken and Kunemon's attack cost (it was originally a glitch) has been patched.

I'm thinking about nerfing Water type a bit. Their whole shtick is that they have low energy costs but also low HP, kind of a "glass cannon" sort of deal. I think I may also weaken their damage output a bit in the future.

Concerning weaknesses, the Water mons that have no resistance or weakness are the "Ice" types. Colorless is split between "Normal" and "Holy" types, so some of them are weak to Dark and some of them resist it. Making Dark weak to colorless would kind of throw that off, plus I don't know how to hack that anyway. Armadillomon randomly being weak to water instead of grass like the rest of the Earth mons is literally just to speed up the tutorial duel lol. I like the idea of each type having two different weaknesses and resistances but to be fair, in the original tcg, only water, grass, fighting, and colorless were like that. Fire was always weak to water and electric was always weak to ground. The only way I could see Lightning being weak to something besides Earth would be making a subset of "robot" types that are weak to fire. Well, it could work potentially.

Thanks again for playing!

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • I have been greatly enjoying the game! Been playing a Warp Darkness deck similar to the one posted above. I do find a lot of the energy cost choices a bit odd but im sure you have your reasonings. That being said, you had mentioned having a lot of luck running Earth-Fire and i would really love to see that list. it sounds very interesting. Hoping to upload some videos on this hack in the future. it has definitely been keeping m attention.

Years
  • Thanks for the extensive feedback! You've played a slightly outdated version; in the newest release Earth has received a slight buff, Leomon is not quite so broken and Kunemon's attack cost (it was originally a glitch) has been patched.

I'm thinking about nerfing Water type a bit. Their whole shtick is that they have low energy costs but also low HP, kind of a "glass cannon" sort of deal. I think I may also weaken their damage output a bit in the future.

Concerning weaknesses, the Water mons that have no resistance or weakness are the "Ice" types. Colorless is split between "Normal" and "Holy" types, so some of them are weak to Dark and some of them resist it. Making Dark weak to colorless would kind of throw that off, plus I don't know how to hack that anyway. Armadillomon randomly being weak to water instead of grass like the rest of the Earth mons is literally just to speed up the tutorial duel lol. I like the idea of each type having two different weaknesses and resistances but to be fair, in the original tcg, only water, grass, fighting, and colorless were like that. Fire was always weak to water and electric was always weak to ground. The only way I could see Lightning being weak to something besides Earth would be making a subset of "robot" types that are weak to fire. Well, it could work potentially.

Thanks again for playing!

Could we have a release history log or some versioning somewhere?
    I'd like to replay it again from the beginning if balances and fixed were introduced since my last playthrough =)

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I have been greatly enjoying the game! Been playing a Warp Darkness deck similar to the one posted above. I do find a lot of the energy cost choices a bit odd but im sure you have your reasonings. That being said, you had mentioned having a lot of luck running Earth-Fire and i would really love to see that list. it sounds very interesting. Hoping to upload some videos on this hack in the future. it has definitely been keeping m attention.

Glad you're enjoying it! And yeah my "lava" deck is as follows:
    Spoiler:

Could we have a release history log or some versioning somewhere?
    I'd like to replay it again from the beginning if balances and fixed were introduced since my last playthrough =)

Just now I've released a re-balanced version. The changes are as follows:
    -Leomon's Beast King Fist is now more expensive
    -Kunemon's Palsy Thread has proper energy costs
    -An additional 10 HP has been added to all Earth mons (except the Armadillomon line and Vorvomon line)
    -Most water mons have had 10 damage reduced from their attacks

Feel free to give it a spin!

Last edited:

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • Juts finished the game and got all the cards, it's an awesome romhack, I wanna say I liked what you did with the Mega-Level digis, making them Basic level mons,
    Spoiler:

Water
    Spoiler:

Dark
    Spoiler:

My Thoughts overall
    Spoiler:

My Suggestions.
    Spoiler:

Any chance we can get a peek at the Grass and Venus decks?

Years
  • Just won the last release with this list
    Spoiler:

Some notes:
    * Betamon was nerfed and I think it is balanced but still powerful so good work there!
    * Sadly, since Betamon is nerfed the new best aggro option is Jellymon which is a strictly better Betamon. I even used it without needing to evolve it but it is even better if you have 1 or 2 Teslajellymon as a energy sponge for the midgame (if there is a midgame). I recommend nerfing to meet Betamon standards so the choice is not so easy.
    * Earth digimon are better and more interesting with the HP boost, now they work as a stall tool. Maybe consider giving them some 2 energy attack options (like, I dunno, CCC for 20 damage or E for 10 damage).
    * Leomon is not interesting at all right now, CCCC to attack is a lot, maybe downgrading that attack cost to CCC and lowering 10 hp will make it more playable. Or maybe giving him another attack for 2 energy could make that attack for CCCC more interesting.
    * Venusmon is probably the best digimon in the game, 100 HP, immunity, no weakness and a decent attack. I'd consider giving her a weakness, less hp or a more expensive attack, she is so efficient right now.
    * There is not a single milling option currently in the game and I love playing stall with Moltres in the original game. Could you consider adding the mechanic to any Digimon? Any effect of mill would be appreciated =)
    * The best Electric Digimon are not Electric (Jellymon and Gatomon). That could be a little misleading I guess.
    * Piximon is incredibly efficient. I'd consider nerfing Pitt bomb (maybe for GLCC or with the same cost but 30 dmg), or nerfing HP a little.
    * Coelamon is pretty efficient. 50 for W is a lot, maybe 40 for W to keep its identity as a speed attacker.

Overall I enjoyed much more this version with the little balance changes that you added and I'd gladly try it again if there is another release =)

EDIT:
    I just won the colosseum with this Earth list. I'm theorizing what the "weakest" type could do without the Earth/Fire Lava build and I'm really happy with the results. We can set up a good Stampede for 60 with a 100 HP digimon pretty easily and lock the opponent with Quetzalmon:
    Spoiler:

We could change Jellymon for Ghostmon and remove Lightning Energy for full Earth energy if we want a more "Stampede" and less beatdown version but I'd rather have a 2nd type attacker because it is annoying to hit Grass for only 30 instead of 60.

And this is the 3rd deck that I used to win the colosseum (it's a Grass one):
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Just won the last release with this list
    Spoiler:

Some notes:
    * Betamon was nerfed and I think it is balanced but still powerful so good work there!
    * Sadly, since Betamon is nerfed the new best aggro option is Jellymon which is a strictly better Betamon. I even used it without needing to evolve it but it is even better if you have 1 or 2 Teslajellymon as a energy sponge for the midgame (if there is a midgame). I recommend nerfing to meet Betamon standards so the choice is not so easy.
    * Earth digimon are better and more interesting with the HP boost, now they work as a stall tool. Maybe consider giving them some 2 energy attack options (like, I dunno, CCC for 20 damage or E for 10 damage).
    * Leomon is not interesting at all right now, CCCC to attack is a lot, maybe downgrading that attack cost to CCC and lowering 10 hp will make it more playable. Or maybe giving him another attack for 2 energy could make that attack for CCCC more interesting.
    * Venusmon is probably the best digimon in the game, 100 HP, immunity, no weakness and a decent attack. I'd consider giving her a weakness, less hp or a more expensive attack, she is so efficient right now.
    * There is not a single milling option currently in the game and I love playing stall with Moltres in the original game. Could you consider adding the mechanic to any Digimon? Any effect of mill would be appreciated =)
    * The best Electric Digimon are not Electric (Jellymon and Gatomon). That could be a little misleading I guess.
    * Piximon is incredibly efficient. I'd consider nerfing Pitt bomb (maybe for GLCC or with the same cost but 30 dmg), or nerfing HP a little.
    * Coelamon is pretty efficient. 50 for W is a lot, maybe 40 for W to keep its identity as a speed attacker.

Overall I enjoyed much more this version with the little balance changes that you added and I'd gladly try it again if there is another release =)

EDIT:
    I just won the colosseum with this Earth list. I'm theorizing what the "weakest" type could do without the Earth/Fire Lava build and I'm really happy with the results. We can set up a good Stampede for 60 with a 100 HP digimon pretty easily and lock the opponent with Quetzalmon:
    Spoiler:

We could change Jellymon for Ghostmon and remove Lightning Energy for full Earth energy if we want a more "Stampede" and less beatdown version but I'd rather have a 2nd type attacker because it is annoying to hit Grass for only 30 instead of 60.

And this is the 3rd deck that I used to win the colosseum (it's a Grass one):
    Spoiler:

Your feedback will be implemented soon! Right now I'm working on another release, one that makes superficial changes to the Tamer cards so the game feels a little more fresh (for example, energy removal is now "Data Drain" and Pokemon Center is now "Final Heal," etc.).
    3k7mH7G.png

I'll let you know when the next update drops. Thanks again for being such an extensive play tester!

Days
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Any chance we can get a peek at the Grass and Venus decks?

Sure.

Grass
    Spoiler:

Yanmamon is the MVP of the team. Do-The-Wave for one energy is broken.

Venusmon
    Spoiler:

In the past I used HolyAngewomon but since I hated Digitamamon I changed to Tailmon so I could attack the backline.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Just now I've posted an update:

-Every type now has two weaknesses and two resistances.
    -Some broken Digimon nerfed, some lame Digimon buffed
    -New title screen. My dumb ass only just realized that perhaps not everyone can read katakana.
    -All Tamers new sprites except for Gamble (I couldn't think of anything)
    -Azulongmon has been replaced with Junomon to keep with the whole "The Legendary Cards are humanoid Digimon" theme
    -I wasn't satisfied with the old Goblimon sprite so Goblimon and Ogremon have been replaced with Impmon and Beelzemon, respectively.

This will probably be my last update for the foreseeable future! I now consider the game fully complete. Even still, I welcome constructive feedback. :)

Years
  • Sure.

Grass
    Spoiler:

Yanmamon is the MVP of the team. Do-The-Wave for one energy is broken.

Venusmon
    Spoiler:

In the past I used HolyAngewomon but since I hated Digitamamon I changed to Tailmon so I could attack the backline.

Yeah the grass deck with Yanmamon is really easy to set-up. Easily one of the best decks to play. Maybe Do the Wave for CC? Since Yanmamon is not as bulky as wigglytuff

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Just now I've posted an update:

-Every type now has two weaknesses and two resistances.
    -Some broken Digimon nerfed, some lame Digimon buffed
    -New title screen. My dumb ass only just realized that perhaps not everyone can read katakana.
    -All Tamers new sprites except for Gamble (I couldn't think of anything)
    -Azulongmon has been replaced with Junomon to keep with the whole "The Legendary Cards are humanoid Digimon" theme
    -I wasn't satisfied with the old Goblimon sprite so Goblimon and Ogremon have been replaced with Impmon and Beelzemon, respectively.

This will probably be my last update for the foreseeable future! I now consider the game fully complete. Even still, I welcome constructive feedback. :)
    I know you said you're done, but how about Zenimon or Ganemon for Gamble?

Years
    • Seen today
    Ooh, good idea. But no Zenimon or Ganemon sprite exists online unfortunately.

It Didn't exist, until Now:
    Ganemon-GB1-and-2-Shiny-Booster-Across-Time-BT-12.png

The one on the left is the one that has 4 colors just in case Xd. I would say that this was the most Humanoid Thing I have ever done.

Back