• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Digimon Adventure TCG

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Where would you suggest I begin in the hack so as to begin building a portfolio. I selected Agumon and Friends and I'm having trouble fighting anyone.

Years
  • Where would you suggest I begin in the hack so as to begin building a portfolio. I selected Agumon and Friends and I'm having trouble fighting anyone.

Agumon and Greymon are really good attackers for the early game.
    I'd start in the science club since insect-like digimons are weak to fire.
    After that, I'll go to grass club since Agumon, Guilmon and Tentomon lines are grass resistant.
    After that I guess you should have some new trainers to stabilize your decks so I'll go to fire club to get more fire cards to add consistency to my deck (opponents from a certain club have an extra chance of giving rare cards in boosters of that club theme and if you open a basic energy it will be of that club type also =))
    If you can't battle the club leader because you don't have enough cards you can simply battle against some random dudes in fire club til you open enough boosters to have cards to make him accept to battle you.
    At this point you should have enough trainers and pokemon to stream down your strategy and game plan and tackle the rest of clubs in whatever order you find it easier (maybe leaving the water club for the end)

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    That's where people like myself can come in and assist. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I'm no slouch when it comes to creative writing, plus I'm interested in learning how to conduct the game design and coding aspects of romhacks.

But that all is neither here nor there, as this is a Digimon TCG discussion thread. On that note: I'm apparently hot garbage and have no idea what I'm doing in game. Anyone got any pointers for a complete TCG Newb?

I guess my specialty is spriting? If you make your own hack rom one day, give me a buzz and maybe I can help out providing some graphics. :)

As for advice for a complete TCG newb, I'll make my advice as simple as possible so as to not overwhelm you:
    The simplest deck would be about:
    -25 energies
    -about 13 Tamers
    -22 mons

As for the mons, I would include 2 complete lines. So about 4 basics, 3 Stage 1s, and 2 Stage 2s per line. So that equals 18 mons. The remaining 4 mons should be those Basics that don't evolve (they're typically quite strong and sturdy but have high energy costs as well).

Like any card game, the number one priority is getting the card you want when you want it. So cards like Excavation, Deep-Sea Exploration, Digimon Trader, and Jijimon are staples. In this game you don't need to think too far ahead so just focus on what you need here and now. For example, you need one more Fire energy to use a strong move but you don't have any in your hand. So screw the price, get that Fire energy by any means necessary, even if it means using a Jijimon to throw away your whole hand. But that's just my style of play. I like to "blitz" my way through duels by rushing like hell to deal damage as quick and as fast as possible. It's higher risk but hey, it makes the duels go faster and I find it more exciting.

Years
  • Just sharing the most annoying deck I created 'til this date:

Meramon's Prison
    Spoiler:

So you think that having fun and having friends is overrated? You had enough of energy denial and you're looking a new way to not let your opponent play the game?
    Well, just start the game dumping all your resources and then resolving a Mimi.
    Then start building your Meramon to start all over again abusing your Tamers until you have to resolve another Mimi (when your Meramon is defeated or if you have to retreat it).
    You drawed a lot of cards? Just resolve a Mimi will all the resources in your hand to not deck you out or a Gambler to put your 12 or 15 cards back to your deck then draw 1 or 8.
    Call for help lets you exploit all the options you used in the game and Lucemon can finish the game or remove a menace for Meramon.
    If your Meramon is walled against a fire resistance, you can just energy denial and let your opponent deck out or you can stack your Lucemon, swap, use your tamers, resolve a Mimi and just put yourself in the best position to close the game or just stall all over again.
    Hope you love (or hate) this list =)

EDIT: card image just for the fun
    Digimon Adventure TCG

Last edited:

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • Just sharing the most annoying deck I created 'til this date:

Meramon's Prison
    Spoiler:

So you think that having fun and having friends is overrated? You had enough of energy denial and you're looking a new way to not let your opponent play the game?
    Then start building your Meramon to start all over again abusing your Tamers until you have to resolve another Mimi (when your Meramon is defeated or if you have to retreat it).
    You drawed a lot of cards? Just resolve a Mimi will all the resources in your hand to not deck you out or a Gambler to put your 12 or 15 cards back to your deck then draw 1 or 8.
    Call for help lets you exploit all the options you used in the game and Lucemon can finish the game or remove a menace for Meramon.
    If your Meramon is walled against a fire resistance, you can just energy denial and let your opponent deck out or you can stack your Lucemon, swap, use your tamers, resolve a Mimi and just put yourself in the best position to close the game or just stall all over again.

Digimon Adventure TCG

Dang you beat me to it. I also have a Meramon deck very close to this. I read it and immediately flashed back to my Slowking/Sneasel deck I played at locals in 3rd grade. Still have it actually. Unfortunately I built it after I beat the game. Maybe I'll do a bonus episode where I take it to the tournament and do a run with that.

Years
  • Dang you beat me to it. I also have a Meramon deck very close to this. I read it and immediately flashed back to my Slowking/Sneasel deck I played at locals in 3rd grade. Still have it actually. Unfortunately I built it after I beat the game. Maybe I'll do a bonus episode where I take it to the tournament and do a run with that.
    Slowking without the errata was cruel.
    I'd wish I have my old cards, I played from base to neo. Such fond memories

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Just sharing the most annoying deck I created 'til this date:

Meramon's Prison
    Spoiler:

Digimon Adventure TCG

Damn, I'm really impressed how you can keep swapping cards around to experiment with new decks. You have an eye for unique strategies.

P.S. sweet card. Actually if you check the documentation on the front page you can see I made cards for every Digimon in the game. I felt it would be the most convenient form of documentation.
    Digimon Adventure TCG

Days
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Well, I played the update version. So time for a new review.

Deck wise I say Dark still the strongest, even with the nerfs to Mephistomon and Ghostmon, there's so much stuff which slaps like Vandemon and Mephistomon even after the nerf, Dark remains very good.
    Water took a nerf with the HP drop but there still good stuff there, as long as Zudomon remain a blastoise as in it can power your entire team once in the field, you're good, it's just not as auto-pilot as before where you get you the frog/Lobster in the field you win unless the opponent has a digitamamon or a leomon.
    Big winner in my opinion is Grass, Lilymon becoming a Venusaur where it let you juggle around your energy is very dope and makes quite a deadly combo in a deck with two or even 3 Do-The-Wave mons if you do like me and decide to include a Angewomon, tested against a few trainers then did that computer battles in a row thing, things got a bit dicey when I faced a Fire Trainer but Angewomon saved the day, I'm at 10 in row now.
    Normal is so-so now in my opinion. Too many mons there need mixed energy now and the best card Venusmon now takes at least 3 different energies, I would lock them at back at two, 3 is too much me thinks, but still workable but In my opinion unless you start to mix up with other types a full normal is mostly Angel's, birds and the dog/rabbit mons.
    I say Fire, Electric and Earth are tied now, I can't say the three got too big of an edge over each other. Overall I think the game is better now, there ain't a type who is unplayable or bad, I still would cut some of the energy costs or at least lessen the amount of mixed energy some of the mons have, but, overall I say this is a great hack right now, if you're a fan of Digimon, Pokemon or just want a fun spin in the Pokemon TCG I recommend.

So my final rank is: Dark > Water=Grass (Power Level) Light/Colorless > Fire=Electric=Earth.

New Grass Deck
    Spoiler:

Days
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Have you considered balancing around lower energy costs? Even in the modern pokemon card game (with multi-prize attackers and way better energy acceleration than base-fossil ever allowed outside water decks) it's rare to see attacks requiring more than three energy, four if a colorless attacker - I'm struck that two lightning and a colorless allows Miraidon to often take knockouts, while Palmon needs three grass to... deal 20 damage.
    I'd think that an average of two energy would be ideal for this format, and a lot of evolving basics should be able to attack with one.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Have you considered balancing around lower energy costs? Even in the modern pokemon card game (with multi-prize attackers and way better energy acceleration than base-fossil ever allowed outside water decks) it's rare to see attacks requiring more than three energy, four if a colorless attacker - I'm struck that two lightning and a colorless allows Miraidon to often take knockouts, while Palmon needs three grass to... deal 20 damage.
    I'd think that an average of two energy would be ideal for this format, and a lot of evolving basics should be able to attack with one.

Thanks for your feedback! But Palmon's job isn't to compete with Miraidon or other Pokemon. Palmon's job is to compete with the other Digimon in the game, and all energy costs in the game have already been carefully balanced. Thank you for playing though!

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Ai is able to cheat. Second fight into the game and Heather's Pixiemon is able to use Pit bomb with only 2 energies despite requiring 3 on the card.
    Digimon Adventure TCG

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ai is able to cheat. Second fight into the game and Heather's Pixiemon is able to use Pit bomb with only 2 energies despite requiring 3 on the card.
    Digimon Adventure TCG

Oh, weird. If that's the case then I can just nerf Pit Bomb's damage output in the next update. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I must say that while I'm much slower at this, being still a newb to the Pokemon TCG, I'm very much enjoying it. Though now I wonder if perhaps another card game could benefit from a Digimon treatment.

Deck-wise, I'm currently trying to farm up Tentomon from the Sciboys. I've found they're pretty decent so far, though the Science Club leader whipping out a friggin' Piedmon immediately was shocking.

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • My thoughts (+ a piece of useful hacking advice): I loved the hack, the artwork is incredible and every person who made this beautiful pixel art should be praised. Overall, I am impressed and had a good time. I do agree with the others on the energy balancing though- most games you spend 2-3 turns doing little, because most attacks start at 3 energy or above. But, it's your hack so I won't say anything further.

I do have advice for you though. I see a lot of people complaining that Pixiemon cheats at its energy cost. I had the same problem with my own hack… and today I found the answer. Look in SRC> engine> duel> ai> core, you'll find a note at line 433 that explains everything. Essentially, if you have an attack that has 2 or more types of energy and colorless energy in its cost, then the AI will essentially ignore 1 of those colorless energies to attack.

I don't know how to fix this yet, but since your hack has a lot of this, I figured I should tell you. Easy solution right now is to eliminate all colorless eneries in dual type attacks.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    My thoughts (+ a piece of useful hacking advice): I loved the hack, the artwork is incredible and every person who made this beautiful pixel art should be praised. Overall, I am impressed and had a good time. I do agree with the others on the energy balancing though- most games you spend 2-3 turns doing little, because most attacks start at 3 energy or above. But, it's your hack so I won't say anything further.

I do have advice for you though. I see a lot of people complaining that Pixiemon cheats at its energy cost. I had the same problem with my own hack… and today I found the answer. Look in SRC> engine> duel> ai> core, you'll find a note at line 433 that explains everything. Essentially, if you have an attack that has 2 or more types of energy and colorless energy in its cost, then the AI will essentially ignore 1 of those colorless energies to attack.

I don't know how to fix this yet, but since your hack has a lot of this, I figured I should tell you. Easy solution right now is to eliminate all colorless eneries in dual type attacks.

I'll get on it right away. Thanks so much for playing/troubleshooting! Glad you enjoyed. ☺️

Days
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    I just farmed Lab packs for a few hours to get the last card(presumably Machinedramon! Hes on the pack and the other Masters are in this game, surely hes there!) and I just got data devour. How could you do this to me 😭

Back