• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Digimon Crystal [COMPLETE]

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Digimon Crystal title page.gif
    Welcome back to the Digital World!

Introduction:
    What's up! Back with my fourth (and perhaps final?) installment in my Digimon series. This time it's a hack of Pokemon Crystal.

Features:
    -All 251 Pokemon replaced with Digimon
    -Fairy type
    -Physical-Special split
    -Running shoes
    -Most HMs replaced with key items
    -Forgettable HM moves
    -Evolution parameters included in each Dex entry
    -Increased difficulty and improved level scaling
    -Convenient mart items
    -All Digimon available in-game
    -More useful item pickups

Screenshots:
    pokecrystal23.pngpokecrystal24.pngpokecrystal10.pngpokecrystal1.png
    pokecrystal7.pngpokecrystal14.pngpokecrystal15.pngpokecrystal22.png

Gameplay Trailer:

Credits:
    -Made by me! Using PokeCrystal Disassembly, of course.
    Sprites:
    Glitch/Feature:
    -When catching a new Digimon, the Dex page that pops up will display the Shiny version of the sprite. Kind of cool though unintentional. I'm legitimately not sure if I should bother trying to fix it so... bonus feature?

Download:

Change Log:
    -11.2.2024 : Tweaked movepools a bit-- Digimon learn powerful STAB moves a little bit earlier now
    -10.2.2024 : Edited all Shinies, added Shiny viewer on Digidex, fixed Chaosdramon's growth rate
    -1.2.2024 : Polished up a few more sprites
    -28.1.2024 : Polished up a few sprites
    -24.1.2024 : Changed all item pickups to be more useful instead of random repels and potions
    -23.1.2024 : Minor text mistakes fixed, added Move Relearner
    -22.1.2024 : Added custom menu sprites
    -17.1.2024 : Fixed a few more evolution bugs
    -13.1.2024 : Fixed a few evolution and growth rate bugs, added custom cries
    -7.1.2024 : Initial release

Constructive feedback and play testers welcome! Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Love your games so much! I've played Firered and Emerald Project, what's the third before this one? I'd love to play them all. Bummed to hear it will be your last but I have 2 friends playing the game as well who love it, thanks for your work!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Love your games so much! I've played Firered and Emerald Project, what's the third before this one? I'd love to play them all. Bummed to hear it will be your last but I have 2 friends playing the game as well who love it, thanks for your work!
    Looking forward to your feedback! Oh and my third game is Digimon Adventure TCG.

Which version of Crystal do I patch? 1.0? Revision A?
    Good question! Sorry I should have added that in the instructions. Patch it with "Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.1) [C][!]"

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Hey I'm loving this romhack of Crystal so much. I have my 6th Gym badge in Johto. The only problem I ran into in the game was my Impmon is not evolving into Beelzemon or ExTyranomon not evolving with the moon stone for some reason.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey I'm loving this romhack of Crystal so much. I have my 6th Gym badge in Johto. The only problem I ran into in the game was my Impmon is not evolving into Beelzemon or ExTyranomon not evolving with the moon stone for some reason.
    Fixed! Your old save file will work with the updated version. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2024
    Hey, can't evolve lopmon into wendigmon using moon stone and i want my batman who laughs! Also, good call making this currapted dark knight fighting/dark type

Days
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I've been playing through and I'm currently collecting badges in Kanto. Here are some of my notes:
    • The early game is a bit of a slog with all the status flying around and how little damage everything does. This may scare away some players.
    • The twins on route 37 have level 30 pokemon compared to the early 20s of the surrounding trainers.
    • Rival has a higher level party in Victory Road than in Mt. Moon, were these switched? I also do feel like Victory Road Rival's levels are a tad high.
    • Vikemon appears to have an incorrect exp group as it started leveling down after evolving.
    And for some potential suggestions and requests
    • It would be nice if the HM items worked for interacting with things in the overworld for all relevant cases.
    • A mode with badge based level caps and an infinite rare candy bag would be neat.
    • Similarly, some method of randomizer support would be neat as well, either in-game or through a custom build of the Universal Randomizer.
    • Are there plans for custom cries?

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, can't evolve lopmon into wendigmon using moon stone and i want my batman who laughs! Also, good call making this currapted dark knight fighting/dark type
    Oh my bad! Fixed now.

I've been playing through and I'm currently collecting badges in Kanto. Here are some of my notes:
    • The early game is a bit of a slog with all the status flying around and how little damage everything does. This may scare away some players.
    • The twins on route 37 have level 30 pokemon compared to the early 20s of the surrounding trainers.
    • Rival has a higher level party in Victory Road than in Mt. Moon, were these switched? I also do feel like Victory Road Rival's levels are a tad high.
    • Vikemon appears to have an incorrect exp group as it started leveling down after evolving.
    And for some potential suggestions and requests
    • It would be nice if the HM items worked for interacting with things in the overworld for all relevant cases.
    • A mode with badge based level caps and an infinite rare candy bag would be neat.
    • Similarly, some method of randomizer support would be neat as well, either in-game or through a custom build of the Universal Randomizer.
    • Are there plans for custom cries?
    Noted! Thanks for your feedback. Just finished editing the cries in the latest update. :)

Last edited:

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • Oh man! This looks gorgeous! There was another Digimon hack of GSC but it was only in Chinese (I think. It has been a while) I'm currently doing a run of Pokemon Kanto Expansion Pak but once I am done with that and the videos I'm working on, I will definitely tackle this one too.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh man! This looks gorgeous! There was another Digimon hack of GSC but it was only in Chinese (I think. It has been a while) I'm currently doing a run of Pokemon Kanto Expansion Pak but once I am done with that and the videos I'm working on, I will definitely tackle this one too.
    Looking forward to your feedback! 😁

Days
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I have encountered a softlock while fighting a Biker on Cycling Road. The game seemingly hangs after the Biker sends out Musyamon and after playing its cry. The game is stuck on the "sent out Musyamon!" text box but still accepts the soft reset input.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have encountered a softlock while fighting a Biker on Cycling Road. The game seemingly hangs after the Biker sends out Musyamon and after playing its cry. The game is stuck on the "sent out Musyamon!" text box but still accepts the soft reset input.
    Good catch! Fixed.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    When I attempt to fight Blackbelt Kiyo in Mt. Mortar, I softlock as well, also against a Musyamon.

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • Started playing and am loving it. A little oddity to note. When I purchased Gotsumon at the Game Corner, it registered it into my dex and pulled up the dex page. When I got Monmon, it registered but didn't pull up the dex upon retrieving it like it did Gotsumon. The last one however, when obtaining Kapurimon, it registered both it and for some reason Pukumon as well and pulled up Pulumons dex page.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Started playing and am loving it. A little oddity to note. When I purchased Gotsumon at the Game Corner, it registered it into my dex and pulled up the dex page. When I got Monmon, it registered but didn't pull up the dex upon retrieving it like it did Gotsumon. The last one however, when obtaining Kapurimon, it registered both it and for some reason Pukumon as well and pulled up Pulumons dex page.
    Fixed! Oh, and glad you're enjoying it! :)

Back