• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Digimon Crystal [COMPLETE]

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Seen today
    Is there any chance that you would be open to making this project open source?
    I reckon it could make for a good base for further Digimon related projects in this engine.
    Maybe after enough time passes and I decide to "retire" from rom hacking. But not for the foreseeable future.

Days
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Maybe after enough time passes and I decide to "retire" from rom hacking. But not for the foreseeable future.
    Entirely fair.

I've finished a playthrough now and I do have to say the exp curve is a bit of a pain point still like it tends to be in gen 2.
    I tried to maintain a 5 mon party and was 15-20 levels underlevel going into the Victory Road rival who promptly sent me to a grind session, at which point I just memory edited in rare candies... This was despite going out of my way to defeat trainers for exp.
    I'm not sure if anyone has figured out an actual solution to the GSC level curve yet, so that maybe can't be helped.

I will probably be doing a playthrough with a smaller set of main party mon sometime soon.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Entirely fair.

I've finished a playthrough now and I do have to say the exp curve is a bit of a pain point still like it tends to be in gen 2.
    I tried to maintain a 5 mon party and was 15-20 levels underlevel going into the Victory Road rival who promptly sent me to a grind session, at which point I just memory edited in rare candies... This was despite going out of my way to defeat trainers for exp.
    I'm not sure if anyone has figured out an actual solution to the GSC level curve yet, so that maybe can't be helped.

I will probably be doing a playthrough with a smaller set of main party mon sometime soon.
    Oh, interesting. I also just finished a run with 5 mons and I didn't have to grind... but of course I made the dang thing so I guess I'm going to know all the best strategies and movepools, etc.
    An earlier version of the game had the Victory Road Rival use mons hovering around lv 51-55. The newest version tones him down by about 5 levels or so.

Days
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Oh, interesting. I also just finished a run with 5 mons and I didn't have to grind... but of course I made the dang thing so I guess I'm going to know all the best strategies and movepools, etc.
    An earlier version of the game had the Victory Road Rival use mons hovering around lv 51-55. The newest version tones him down by about 5 levels or so.

Yeah my party was at the 38 range when I got to him and his level 52 or so lead slapped me hard. Tho that's also a matchup thing of course. I did not try with x items here, but leveled everyone up to 45 and got through the rest of the game from there. I did use x items on red. I don't know how you'd feel about adding the modern exp share in or maybe even the scaled exp system seen in gen 5 and beyond.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I know what I must do now. I've returned from a cruise to find a beautiful present from my favourite Digimon themed hack creator.

Agumon will dominate Johto.

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • Update. Just beat Morty. Still haven't updated to the most recent build but probably should. Team immediately post-Morty fight is

(spoilers for the video)

Ikkakumon lv 33
    Kyubimon lv 30
    Agunimon lv 30
    Andromon lv 30
    ExVeemon lv 30

Trying to keep everything on a similar level.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    I'm having trouble with leafmon, it's exp growth is extremely high compared to other and it also won't evolve?
    Love your games by the way, thank you so much for them!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Here's the first update of my journey through Johto: Sprout Tower and Bugsy have proven capable of stopping me in my initial tracks. So I've only Falkner's badge to show for tonight's efforts.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I know what I must do now. I've returned from a cruise to find a beautiful present from my favourite Digimon themed hack creator.

Agumon will dominate Johto.
    Thank you for such kind words! I think I may be the only *active* Digimon themed hack creator at the moment... not sure though. As always, I'm looking forward to your feedback and screenshots.

Update. Just beat Morty. Still haven't updated to the most recent build but probably should. Team immediately post-Morty fight is

(spoilers for the video)

Ikkakumon lv 33
    Kyubimon lv 30
    Agunimon lv 30
    Andromon lv 30
    ExVeemon lv 30

Trying to keep everything on a similar level.
    Solid team! Excellent coverage despite the doubling up on Fire. Looking forward to your video as well!

I'm having trouble with leafmon, it's exp growth is extremely high compared to other and it also won't evolve?
    Love your games by the way, thank you so much for them!!
    Glad you're enjoying it! But I think you're playing an outdated version. The newest version will still be compatible with your old save file; just keep the file names the same.

bleedpark

Years
  • Bruh! Was going to Mahogany Town so I could fly there after Jasmine and ran into Baihumon. Managed to catch it in 3 ultra balls at full health. Super glad they don't run like Entie and Raikou. I was about to be big mad when the first ball broke.

bleedpark

Years
  • I looked over the documentation and I'm not seeing way to obtain another Vorvomon. Is there a way to breed a new one to not have the name Shuckie?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    BUGAM! Whitney, Bugsy, and Morty have all fallen to my Greymon, Taichi! Whitney was much easier than I anticipated given how Bugsy troubled me. Then Bugsy fell to some Flame Wheels. And finally Morty's entire gym fell to Taichi just biting them... A lot.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Hey so this weird thing has been happening Musyamon evolves to Metalgarurumon instead of Justimon and Golemon doesn't evolve at all.

Days
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024
    This might be a silly question, but how do I play this? I'm new to rom hacks and don't quite know what i'm doing. 😬

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    This might be a silly question, but how do I play this? I'm new to rom hacks and don't quite know what i'm doing. 😬
    You will need to apply the .ips file as a patch to a legally obtained ROM of Pokemon Crystal Version. And then you'll utilize an emulator program to play the newly patched ROM file.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey so this weird thing has been happening Musyamon evolves to Metalgarurumon instead of Justimon and Golemon doesn't evolve at all.
    ??? Musyamon evolves into Justimon in my version. But you're right about Golemon! Fixed now.

No worries! Instructions are included in the download link. :)

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I looked over the documentation and I'm not seeing way to obtain another Vorvomon. Is there a way to breed a new one to not have the name Shuckie?
    Unfortunately not. I could make him a rare encounter in one of the caves if you want?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    ??? Musyamon evolves into Justimon in my version. But you're right about Golemon! Fixed now.

No worries! Instructions are included in the download link. :)
    Thanks for the fix of Golemon and Musyamon is still evolving into Metalgarurumon on my game for some reason. I'm going to try and catch another one and see. Idk if we can share saves on here but here's my save from MyOldBoy Emulator on Android.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks for the fix of Golemon and Musyamon is still evolving into Metalgarurumon on my game for some reason. I'm going to try and catch another one and see. Idk if we can share saves on here but here's my save from MyOldBoy Emulator on Android.
    Fixed! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

Last edited:
    Back