• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Digimon New Series 2015 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Seeing as how Toei subbed two trailers and had a website for English-speaking fans, they know that Digimon still has international fans. So there might be more of a push to sub/dub this.

The Chosen Children all look better when actually animated. And I'll just accept the fact that since Taichi has his goggles back, the 02 Chosen aren't making an appearance.
    Digimon New Series 2015 !
    But I'll take solace in the fact that the Chosen are beginning to look like their epilogue selves.

Spoiler:

pkmin3033

This looks spectacular, but I am not happy about the shift from TV series to movies. This could drag on for YEARS, and considering the constant pushbacks this has already had, I wouldn't expect timely releases between films.

I'm pretty damn sick of waiting for the Rebuild of Evangelion movies by now; the prospect of waiting 2+ years between films - with an additional 2+ years for dubs, if they even do dubs - fills me with dread. Sure, better that it's done properly even if it takes a while, but there are limits...

...still, I guess as long as these aren't handled like the Rebuild movies in terms of release, it could still be good. Guess will just have to wait and see...another six bloody months...

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Point for Meloetta. This will be harsh to go through. I will be suffering just like I do with Rebuild of Evangelion.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Booo for the delay. But shifting to movie format? Is it too much to hope for runtimes in the vein of the Berserk movies? Because hot dayum, with this new animation, I'd buy those digimon movies in a heartbeat! Guess I'll make do with snapping up more D-Arts Digimon figures in the meantime.

Outlier

I'm more disappointed by the shift to movie format than the delay. I never really watched Digimon as a kid so I was hoping to start watching this new series along with everyone else. If the movies are just going to be a streamlined version of the series than I might as well go back and watch the originals.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was actually a bit disappointed with the art style. I loved the style used in the old Digimon Adventure movies. Like, simplistic yet delicate and almost realistic in a way. This was choppier.

I guess I'm kinda happy that they'll make "movies" about it because that means they can cram in a lot of plot in a decent way. Sometimes in the anime, things moved really slowly with filler stuff just to flesh out the characters. Which was amazing in a way but also sort of boring sometimes.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I'm pretty damn sick of waiting for the Rebuild of Evangelion movies by now; the prospect of waiting 2+ years between films - with an additional 2+ years for dubs, if they even do dubs - fills me with dread. Sure, better that it's done properly even if it takes a while, but there are limits...
    Don't wait for dubs?
    Just a suggestion, y'know?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Someone redrew the characters again into their old style from bits of the PV:
    Spoiler:

Btw, does someone want to get the title changed to Digimon Adventure Tri lol? Since we've gotten a confirmed name ages ago.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Spoiler:

Btw, does someone want to get the title changed to Digimon Adventure Tri lol? Since we've gotten a confirmed name ages ago.

Plus it's not a series anymore. Well, a series of movies lol.

Btw, nice art there, I approve of it ;___;

Years
    Spoiler:

That Matt is going to give me nightmares...
    Honestly, I prefer the new designs. Yes, they're different but it's been 15 years, things change, and now it actually fits with the Digimons themselves, Digimons designs have always been pretty realistic and anatomically correct, in comparison the humans always looked very cartoonish, and slightly out of place.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Wow. Seeing that art really shows a difference in the designs. To me, it's like Tri had to have this art style. Comparing the screenshots from the PV with the screenshots of 02 I have on hand, the art design for Tri just fits what they're going for. As saifors said, it's a more realistic look.

Also, that Koushiro...
    Digimon New Series 2015 !

Years
  • I am really, REALLY excited for the new Digimon!
    Yes, it definitely sucks that there's gonna be another delay, but I really hope they're going to use that extra time to make the animation amazing. I always loved the animation they produced for the Digimon movies, so I hope they're gonna keep it up.

As for the new style and character designs ... I think they're ok. I never expected them to use the old style in the first place and it could be much worse. I think it depends a lot on the quality of animation, too.

I really hope for a good story too ... because, all nostalgia bonus aside, the original Digimon series were actually pretty decent. I loved the way they portrayed the relationship between the children and their Digimon <3

(Please please please let the new Digimon be good .. I can't take another disappointment like Sailor Moon Crystal)

Years
  • I would rather not see it dubbed considering what they did to Xros Wars/Fusion. I mean the series was dark so some things obviously needed to be cut and changed... but the voice acting was terrible and a ton of Digimon that already had english names in the previous series had their names change for no reason at all.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Well excuse me for preferring animes dubbed in a language that I can actually understand and not have to read and watch something at the same time which is impossible.

I actually like the english dubbed Digimon episodes.

So if it's not dubbed at all, maybe I won't watch it?

:|

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Like I said, did I miss something? Was there some sort of official announcement that said that tri will never be dubbed in a million years?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back