• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Digimon New Series 2015 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • i doubt thats the original Machinedramon from the big 4 as it & kimeramon fused into millenniummon.

i figured that wasn't ken, but i wonder if thats actually gennai though.
    it could be benjamin, jackie, hogan, jose, or illya.

It could be though.

Spoiler:

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It could be though.

Spoiler:
    i don't think their memories where reset but rather sealed.
    we don't know what happened after herculeskabuterimon went though the portal and he may very well have pulled off a last sec hurdle into the blue box of data saving.
    also, the thing about Nyaromon not originally being there... she was supposed to be there the first time around, but her gennai dropped her digiegg while fleeing from piedmon.
    also, all 8 of them where supposed to be waiting for the digidestined as they knew the names and which one they where waiting for back in 01
    basically the reboot seems to have rebooting everything back to how it was, but it did not erase the past as it happened
    in other words every didgimon & every other little thing got rebooted like a pc would be(only with memory loss), but the the digital world itself did not get dialed back to a different point in time.
    this means that okinawa is still part of the digital world or was reverted back into being a swarm of butterflies & blackwargreymon is still in place as a barrier or was split back into 100 control spires & a 100 hairs
    this also means those destiny eggs that where shattered might have also gotten restored.
    but theres another thing to question:
    all of the digidestined except 9 where missing before the reboot, so what happened to them if they where in the digital world at the time of the reboot?
    its not like the digital world in adventures turns humans into data like the one in tamers & frontier dose
    their presence might be why the reboot didn't reboot everything
    there's also something else that bugs me, the digidestined where able to use their crests despite giving them up to put up a firewall in 01.
    i can only think is that after the temporary boost back in 02 some of the crest power stayed with the digidestined & grew in power over the 3 years since, eventually surpassing the original crest tags in terms of power & that the digidestined grew past the need to use the tag to pull out their attribute strengths

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    The crests were supposed to have been given up to give the Digital World a new layer of protection, but after MaloMyotismon's defeat, was that protection by the power of the crests neccesary? After all, Onikawa and BlackWarGreymon added their own selves as layers of protection. It could be that the Harmonious Ones released the power of the Crests back to their originators. Or it could be that their power managed to 'rebuild' itself. After all, not a few months later, Omnimon and Angewomon were battling Diaboromon.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The crests were supposed to have been given up to give the Digital World a new layer of protection, but after MaloMyotismon's defeat, was that protection by the power of the crests neccesary? After all, Onikawa and BlackWarGreymon added their own selves as layers of protection. It could be that the Harmonious Ones released the power of the Crests back to their originators. Or it could be that their power managed to 'rebuild' itself. After all, not a few months later, Omnimon and Angewomon were battling Diaboromon.
    well, during 02 namely the Christmas special. the fist 8 digidestined(as far as appearance in the anime is concerned) got a temp boost from one of azulongmons digicores. at least it was supposed to be temporary, but it seems to have stuck around and grew.
    also those 8 where not actually the original digidestined
    gennai mentioned the original 5 at the end of 01, the ones that first defeated & sealed Apocalymon before dark masters even existed. we really need a digiomon adventure 00 to go over them in great detail

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I never mentioned them being the original Digidestined, just that the power of the crests 'originated' from them.

As for the cores, their power did not stick around because if you remember they all gave their power to Imperialdramon. The only one afterward to get a new core was Agumon so he could become WarGreymon to take on BlackWarGreymon.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I never mentioned them being the original Digidestined, just that the power of the crests 'originated' from them.

As for the cores, their power did not stick around because if you remember they all gave their power to Imperialdramon. The only one afterward to get a new core was Agumon so he could become WarGreymon to take on BlackWarGreymon.
    agumon & gabumon where capable of warp digivolution & gatomon digivolved into angewoman in "revenge of diaboromon" which was 3 months after the defeat of malomotismon
    also agumon did not get a digicore boost in "battle of the wargreymon"
    i don't think agumon & gabumon's warp digivolution relies on the power of the crests like ultimate dose.
    when you think about it, the way agumon & gabumon achieved mega is different then the rest of them as it required tai & matt to get shot with arrows of hope & light. unlike the rest who are getting their megas though their attributes alone.
    Then angels will shoot arrows of hope and light at the loved ones of those they've been sent to protect, and a miracle will happen is a good bit different then to look into the darkness in oneself and beyond to find power.
    also another thing about tri that's different is that agumon & gabumon are not using warp digivolution to get to mega in tri.
    finally i think you didn't understand what i meant. i believe the digicore acted as a kick starter for the crest powers their using now. before that & after giving up the crests in 01 they where unable to tap into their crest power even though it should have been restoring itself within them all that time. kinda like how a vaccine triggers the immune systems resistance, that core must have triggered their powers to reawaken & click into place so the crests & tags where no longer needed as a catalyst

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I am aware as to how Revenge of Diaboromon unfolded. The point I was trying to make was that aside from Agumon, they should not have been able to Digivolve like that, at least without explanation. Azulongmond did give Agumon the power to reach WarGreymon before he took on BlackWarGreymon so at last count, Agumon would have been the only one capable of reaching Mega. The cores were given to the Digimon, not the humans, and they all gave that power up to allow Paildramon to Digivolve to Imperialdramon. What I'm getting at is that there is a piece of the puzzle missing. In any case, it has not been explained and there's not much point speculating unless they finish the tri movie series without explaining it.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    as you had stated, the crests originated from the digidestined. if they had been fully extracted, all of the digidestined would have lost pieces of who they are.
    the power was always there.
    not only that, but the teen age years can really mess with peoples perceptions of things like courage, love, hope, friendship, ect.
    thats why i think the cores acted like a kick starter for latent ability's that where there growing from the small amount that was left from 01. what agumon & the rest gave up was the power of the digicore, not the crest abilities within the digidestined.
    also the holy rings apparently holds a lot of power as without it gatomon became as weak as a rookie & lost the ability to digivolve to angewoman. also, one of the things about them is that the holy the digimon who has it is, the more power said digimon gets from the holy ring.
    this was also made somewhat clear when the destiny stone gave tk & patamon enough power to go up to ultimate.
    so it dose make since for gatomon to be able to digivolve without the crest

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    So... did anybody go see the dub version last month? They were supposed to release it on home media not long after but that has been delayed until the end of March. Also, Joshua Seth has been recording for parts 2 and 3 (it seems like both are being done together).

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    So... did anybody go see the dub version last month? They were supposed to release it on home media not long after but that has been delayed until the end of March. Also, Joshua Seth has been recording for parts 2 and 3 (it seems like both are being done together).

interesting, makes more sense then when they merged the digimon adventure movie, our war game & hurricane touchdown into digimon: the movie

also, anyone watching the Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters spin off anime? it's been a lot better then expected
    Digimon New Series 2015 !

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    By "done together" I mean they're being recorded at the same time. They'll still be released as separate movies,a s the oiginal movie should have been. But I don't ever expect for them to redub that.

Shout! Factory is distributing the English Language versions, at least in the US (I would assume that might have played into the delay of the release of the first one on DVD/Blu-Ray)

The synopsis for part 4 came out a while ago:

The DigiDestined begin to forge new connections with their Digimon who had lost their memories since the reboot, except for Sora, as Biyomon is wary for not remembering about her at all. Tai and Matt want to help her, but cannot find the words to. Upon seeing Meicoomon who still retains her memories of Meiko, the DigiDestined journey through the Digital World after her, but a mysterious man with the revived Dark Masters at his command stands in their way. Meanwhile in the real world, Nishijima receives a notice that Himekawa has disappeared and discovers that there is a hidden goal behind her actions.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    By "done together" I mean they're being recorded at the same time. They'll still be released as separate movies,a s the oiginal movie should have been. But I don't ever expect for them to redub that.

Shout! Factory is distributing the English Language versions, at least in the US (I would assume that might have played into the delay of the release of the first one on DVD/Blu-Ray)

The synopsis for part 4 came out a while ago:
    the dark masters again? next thing you know millenniummon & etemon are gonna show up again.
    though i guess it would be interesting to see etemon becoming kingetemon. it is the only form above metaletemon in that line

Years
  • So, uh, guys, this thread has been dead for a while (was last posted in back in September before you guys revived it).

If you want to discuss Digimon, would you please make a new thread for it in the Anime & Manga section? Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back