• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon- Not given enough credit?

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
    I remember watching Digimon when i was little ahh the good times I played Digimon World DS, I do think that raising them is better then just catching and battling, one of the good things about Digimon

Chuchan

Cute and full of royalty
    Years
    Yea I still have Digimon in my Fav Anime List. I really liked the 1st 3 seasons with 2 being my fav. But I didnt get a interest in Frontier. I thought it was well too odd. Im playing Digimon World Dusk atm which Im hooked with.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    The Digimon anime is usually just about above average, with the exception of Digimon Tamers which is just really freaking awesome.

The games are alright most of the time aswell.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    The Digimon anime is leaps and bounds better than the Pokemon one..it really isn't any contest. I also think Digimon was more interesting except that it didn't have a good foundation like the TCG or the Video Games to keep it alive.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    All you have to do is say "Digimon" in my class to set everybody off laughing. Thats how bad it is ^_^

Chuchan

Cute and full of royalty
    Years
    Ok Digimon may not been as big as Pokemon, but I indeed loved it. I thought that I liked it more them Pokemon. Not quite sure why though.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    To be completely honest, I loved Digimon and utterly ignored Pokemon before. I watched Digimon episodes (Which was MORE than I could say.) and played the games half-heartedly. But now it seems, it had dramatically changed vice-versa...

Yeah, I see the slow diminshment of attention concerning Digimon. Ever since D/P I think?
    The anime was AWESOME, better than Pokemon I guess... (NEVER.)

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    no offense or anything, but i've never really thought that digimon really deserved any attention. well to me it sorta look like a cheap rip off of pokemon and all those years they had some good ideas but they weren't given credit. so yeah i'll say they did deserve a little credit some good things

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    no offense or anything, but i've never really thought that digimon really deserved any attention. well to me it sorta look like a cheap rip off of pokemon and all those years they had some good ideas but they weren't given credit. so yeah i'll say they did deserve a little credit some good things

THIS

I personally dont think that Digimon is very good atall

Chuchan

Cute and full of royalty
    Years
    I dunno how they say Digimon is a rip off of Pokemon. Its like completly different. The only thing they have really with Pokemon is Mon and their way of evolving. Which is different.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    I never really liked Digimon, and I was around when it came out... just like I was 5-7 when Pokemon was at its peak.

I remember when I was in 2nd grade, all the other kids around me were saying they hated Pokemon and said "Digimon is way better in Pokemon because in Digimon you can get to level 200! In Pokemon, you can only get to level 100."

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I think Digimon is now dead. Really, I do. I see nowhere anymroe, while I do get to see Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl all the time.

The show is epic fail as far as I can see. Ash is basically akin to a pimp. He picks up a girl after he wrecks her bike ,she follows him and gets dumped for the next in the other region, and then they disappear into obscurity ,just like what's going to happen to Dawn. The story is too formulated ,and it needs to get newer characters for each region. for example, Ash goes into a new region, gets all of the new starters eventually along with a new rival ,beats the gyms ,and then gets defeated only to repeat the same process.

Digimon, however, has had a new story each season excluding the first two. I do see the similarities between season 4, 1,and 2 character wise ,but the stories are more engaging then those of the Pokemon anime. The only reason why the show is still running is mainly the video games and the children who haven't yet seen the original first three seasons.

The reason why you don't see the new season of Digimon is mainly due to it being on digital cable along with all of the countless new Power Rangers seasons. Pokemon the show is losing popularity to the newer anime such as Naruto, Bleach , and Death Note; also the episodes aren't on when kids are up so Pokemon is dying.

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Erm, no. I don't think so. Digimon has its own fans, and Pokemon has its own. But I actually prefer Digimon over Pokemon, but I can't keep track off the names of the Digimon, and can't keep track the seasons and spin-off it has.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Digimon was a great show in my opinion. The first season had great storylines, unlike the same ol same ol with pokemon, and idk but Digimon just seemed more real than Pokemon. The kid characters had their own personalities and it was always interesting to see them. It might not have been as popular as Pokemon but Digimon has its place in peoples hearts.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    I dunno how they say Digimon is a rip off of Pokemon. Its like completly different. The only thing they have really with Pokemon is Mon and their way of evolving. Which is different.

I agree. Digimon is a lot different from Pokemon. When I was little and Pokemon had started becoming popular, and then Digimon came out, everyone including me thought it was a rip-off, mostly because of the title.

But after buying a Greymon toy (I bought it as I really liked dinosaurs) I watched the show and really liked it. I liked how the Digimon were more detailed, and their designs were so much diverse than those of Pokemon.

I can say that I DO like Digimon more than Pokemon, but they are both great, and I think that Digimon deserves more credit.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Hmm, yes Digimon... I used to watch that a lot, though I forget what season it was or episode, because that was years ago, too bad it doesn't come on anymore.
    My favourite Digimon were and still are, Guimon and Metalgreymon. I also remember when I first got a digimon game, it was good, you had to build a town by defeating other Digimon around the world. That was for the PS1, and I also got another for the same console. That story was great, so many digimon to evolve into, they just kept evolving.
    Yeah, Digimon was actually pretty cool, in my opinion anyway.

Back