• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Those of you who liked the game and want to see more, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Pokemon Emerald (Gen III)

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • A Digimon hack of Pokemon Gold (Gen II)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Quit hacking forever because you didn't include my boy Apollomon

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Welcome to the Digital World!

Say goodbye to every mon you know! Introducing...

XMNoq94.png

Are you tired of the same old batch of starters?

The same Legendaries and Pseudos fought and caught again and again and again?

The same archetypes you know like the back of your Pokewatch?

Say hello to a whole slew of new monsters to fight and catch! No Pokemon here, I'm talking about DIGIMON - DIGITAL MONSTERS!

FEATURES
    350 new monsters with unique stats, abilities, Typing, and movepools built from the ground-up!

mGfmScf.png
    KWnQZV8.png
    z6461tR.png
    HKnsxAv.png

NO MORE FILLER MONS!
    Every single Digimon is viable! Don't be afraid to build a team out of your favourite Digimon!

Five stages for prominent Digimon!
    LclqjB2.png

Unique attacks from the Digimon canon with unique animations (courtesy of ortz3's excellent Animation Editor

Fz5Zn8r.gif
    ulA2h5O.gif
    GV5a6A7.gif
    RIWrPjP.gif
    eA0lsP6.gif

okedex) descriptions list requirements for evolution, so you never need to feel out of the loop!
    onas7R0.png
    XSJnRGl.png

Gen V Abilities and Moves, Fairy Type, Physical-Special Split, Poison Survival, BW Repel System, Reusable TMs, forgettable HM moves, etc.
    MAbdjSO.png
    hYPTu0I.png
    0U4JdL4.png
    bdwvm5U.png
    q03rYmC.png
    09ACi4Q.png

HM Buffs
    proSoJd.png
    9HDiOld.png
    65rSuNX.png
    zIxk9n7.png

Convenient shop data!
    Sick of random encounters? Repels are cheap as heck now.
    IXNQ1lc.png
    LQzTmAk.png

Streamlined postgame
    9dkS24Z.png
    z97206A.png

Prof. Oak's aides give more useful stuff
    lQDmUB0.png

Minor dialogue tweaks
    GarXTU1.png
    cxwi1ri.png

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Full DigiDex:
    Spoiler:

Known Glitches:
    Spoiler:

Download:
    The ONLY official download of this hack! If you simply Google "Digimon Nova Red" you'll see outdated versions on third-party websites! Here is the only place to get the most up to date release!

CHANGE LOG
    Spoiler:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    The game runs on VBA for Desktop and MyBoy and JohnGBA for mobile. I haven't tested it with other emulators but these three seem to be the most popular GBA emulators.

ADVICE
    Spoiler:

FAQ
    Spoiler:

Constructive feedback and play testers welcome! Thanks!

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    It's finished! Sorry I should have made that clear in the original post.

EDIT: Oops, I think I posted this in the wrong spot. I didn't realize this is the "progressing" space. I'll see if a Mod can move it to the correct spot.

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    -EDIT 9/15/2021- This is outdated information. Version 2.0 has plenty of Ultimates and Megas.

Hi,

Though rare, there are indeed some Ultimates and Megas, as you can see in the screenshot above (Myotismon, of course, is an Ultimate). The game is mostly Rookies and Champions however. I wanted to keep the power scaling mostly under control.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen today
    Is there any "signature" mega in this game ? Like Wargreymon or Metalgarurumon , etc ?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023
    Hi Guzeinbuick,

Love the digimon concept! Pokemon and digimon came out about the same time but digimon didnt receive as much attention as pokemon BUT i am glad i could play pokemon as digimons (or is it digimon as pokemons... lol)...

Are you able to convert it to .gba format please? the gba emulator on my android phone wont read .ips files :(

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hi berserkerzx,

Thanks for the support! I had a lot of fun making it.

I believe linking GBA files are against the forum rules.

All you have to do is download a clean version of a Fire Red ROM (off Google) and a program called Lunar IPS (also off Google).

Fire up Lunar IPS, load your clean rom into it, and then load my Digimon IPS into it. This will transform the ROM file into Digimon Nova Red. Enjoy!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    -EDIT 9/15/2021- This is outdated information. Version 2.0 has plenty more Ultimates and Megas.

Hi zapperil,

Depends on your definition of "signature" lol

I consider this a pretty big spoiler, so click at your own risk. Below is a list of the Ultimates and Megas that are available in the game:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023
    Thanks for the short and sweet converting instructions, it works! am looking at digimons! Will you have other roms in the pipeline or other completed roms that i could play?

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    My pleasure. No other plans at the moment. I have wild dreams of supercharging Digimon Nova Red one day. Ideally, a Digimon would have potentially six forms. The evolution breakdown would look something like this:

Levels 5-10 Botamon
    Levels 10-20 Koromon
    Levels 20-35 Agumon
    Levels 35-50 Greymon
    Levels 50-65 MetalGreymon
    Levels 65+ Wargreymon

But that's obviously a much more ambitious idea. For now I want to see how well Digimon Nova Red 1.0 is received. If there's a positive reception I can begin thinking about making a Version 2.0. :)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023
    Sounds very interesting! If you permit me, i would like to be one of your beta tester for upcoming roms :D

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Hi. First of all I want to say that the game is mega fun and I would be very happy about a 2.0 version.
    I have also found a "bug": On Route 21 you can fish with the Super Rod Pupitar's.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hi BusteRS,

Thanks for the heads-up! If there's more significant glitches I can patch them up in a Version 1.1 or something.

Glad you're enjoying it. :) What's your team so far?

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    I have 6 Badges and my Team is the following:

Devimon Lv 42
    Ikkakumon Lv 41
    Piedmon Lv 45
    Ophanimon Lv 33
    Darcmon Lv 43
    Greymon Lv 44

Until now I don't found any mory Glitches.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    it looks interesting! definitely gonna try this. i love the sprites quality, although it still lacks of backsprite, hope you can create backsprites for the mons later

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hi 10:22,

Thanks for your feedback! In my opinion, the idea of a "back sprite" is kind of obsolete. I prefer the concept of a "side sprite" instead.
    For example,
    jK5IAw3.png

Sadly, I don't have the artistic talent to draw new side sprites from scratch, so some of the in-training and rookie level Digimon side sprites have only subtle differences from their front sprites.

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen today
    I would want to see ulti.ate and mega stages digimons this can improve the hack

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    so is there a file that lists the stat and type changes specifically? i love beedrill, and am using wormmon right now cuz i figured out it's the line beedrill got turned into, but i'm not sure i want it to be a final team member unless the bst got buffed, especially since i got another poison type in the party already.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hi pika1025, thanks for your feedback!

Hi MegaKabutops, thanks for your inquiry. I can easily throw together a comprehensive list of every Digimon's stat changes and move pool and post it here, if you don't mind the spoilers. I'm on vacation right now away from my laptop though so you'd have to wait about a week.

But yes, Wormon will evolve into Stingmon, which is like Beedrill but with higher stats and a better movepool. It's quite viable.

Back