• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari318

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    I don't know how Yu-Gi-Oh entered the list, it's even more different from Pokemon than Digimon is...

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I liked all the seasons of Digimon because it was cool and dramatic . And Plus I liked some of Digimon alot .

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    They've got Digimon World Data Squad coming out on the 18th, so the Anime will probably air on Jetix sometime around then.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    i liked digimon when it first came out, i loved seasons 1-3, yet i have never seen seasons 4 or 5. was a really great show but i really wanna see seasons 4-5.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    Am I the only one that really hates Digimon on this forum? I mean, it had an incomprehensively choppy plotline, no flow from season to season, no originality whether it's the characters or the franchise itself in general, and if you ask me, it recycles the same goddamn formula just as much as the Pokemon anime does, which by the way I find even more annoying, but we'll get into that later.

The first season of the show begins with a group of kids with absolutely no special talent or competence being dragged into another world to fight against random foes appearing one after the other who are oddly enough stronger than the last, and could have shown up as early as the first episode, who are defeated with the power of..lolevolutionorwasitdigivolutioonlololol. And when they defeat one, another one just goes and pops up, who may or may not even go into the human world to target it too, but they are of course defeated with the godmodding of the two main characters, hint: The hot-headed, courageous "goggle kid" and his rival. But wait! When they defeat him, another stronger one pops up, and pops up yet again! I even gave it a try as a 7 year old, and completely hated it. What's more, it keeps getting continually worse with every season, no, episode, heck, second, even! An example are seasons 2 and 4, along with the last one(and thank god they didn't make another one after that), all of which you shouldn't even get me started on. 3 was so-so for a toddler's show, but that's the most I can give it.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
    Am I the only one that really hates Digimon on this forum? I mean, it had an incomprehensively choppy plotline, no flow from season to season, no originality whether it's the characters or the franchise itself in general, and if you ask me, it recycles the same goddamn formula just as much as the Pokemon anime does, which by the way I find even more annoying, but we'll get into that later.

The first season of the show begins with a group of kids with absolutely no special talent or competence being dragged into another world to fight against random foes appearing one after the other who are oddly enough stronger than the last, and could have shown up as early as the first episode, who are defeated with the power of..lolevolutionorwasitdigivolutioonlololol. And when they defeat one, another one just goes and pops up, who may or may not even go into the human world to target it too, but they are of course defeated with the godmodding of the two main characters, hint: The hot-headed, courageous "goggle kid" and his rival. But wait! When they defeat him, another stronger one pops up, and pops up yet again! I even gave it a try as a 7 year old, and completely hated it. What's more, it keeps getting continually worse with every season, no, episode, heck, second, even! An example are seasons 2 and 4, along with the last one(and thank god they didn't make another one after that), all of which you shouldn't even get me started on. 3 was so-so for a toddler's show, but that's the most I can give it.

With such jadedness, it boggles the mind why you are on a Pokemon forum about a game that has the most basic plot in gaming history which spawned an anime with one of the most basic plots around which in turn spawned a card game. And the cycle continues. Which brings me to this question, why exactly do you like Pokemon, but hate Digimon?

I just want to understand your logic, 'cause it's pretty dang funny.

Raqib12

Hedgehog
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 20, 2013
    With such jadedness, it boggles the mind why you are on a Pokemon forum about a game that has the most basic plot in gaming history which spawned an anime with one of the most basic plots around which in turn spawned a card game. And the cycle continues. Which brings me to this question, why exactly do you like Pokemon, but hate Digimon?

I just want to understand your logic, 'cause it's pretty dang funny.

He said he "Gave it a chance at the age of 7" which was probably 2 or 3 years ago. Children don't seem to enjoy Digimon. Give him a few more years.

Or, he's one of those people that say; "I hate *SOMETHING* but it's so darn addictive."

"Oh blah, Pokemon is so stupid but it's soooo addicting *Frowny face*"
    "Viva Pinata is the stupidest game ever, but it's addicting, so I play it"
    "Animal Cro- *Gets shot*"

And so on.

Me2UJus4Free

Years
    He said he "Gave it a chance at the age of 7" which was probably 2 or 3 years ago. Children don't seem to enjoy Digimon. Give him a few more years.

So, that means he was watching Frontier. I wouldn't blame him for not liking that series. =P

Or, he's one of those people that say; "I hate *SOMETHING* but it's so darn addictive."

"Oh blah, Pokemon is so stupid but it's soooo addicting *Frowny face*"
    "Viva Pinata is the stupidest game ever, but it's addicting, so I play it"
    "Animal Cro- *Gets shot*"

And so on.

But y'know, he doesn't enjoy whimsy at all, so he can't be one of those people. Maybe he's just bored, or loves forums.
    For all you know, he could be a member of a Jem fan forum despite not seeing a single episode of Jem in his entire life.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    I'm on these forums mostly for the "game that has the most basic plot in gaming history," and not the show in the least(you'd know that if you actually did a little bit of a check on the posts I've made so far, none of which were on the Pokemon anime forum. At ALL. Also, exactly when did I mention or imply in the least that I "like Pokemon"? I merely visit forums to talk about Manga/Anime and to get some tips on playing the games which I only play every now and then on a whim, and that's for old time's sake of the days when I was in Elementary or Middle school playing the Red/Green and Gold/Silver versions. These days, I don't enjoy it in the least. So quit with your baseless presumptions and bring up arguments that don't reek of a little something called incompetence, for once.

*****, puh-lease. It was 7 or 8 years ago when I first saw Digimon on TV, and the only ones that "enjoy Digimon" are children, or rather a branch-off demographic of glue-sniffing ones who burn out their brain cells daily, because THAT. WAS. THE. TARGET. DEMOGRAPHIC. Whether you like it or not, Digimon is a child's show, and assuming you aren't one, you're the one who needs a few more years, because if you're so insensitive and blindly ignorant of true quality as to enjoy an anime(or rather a disgrace to the genre) with an incomprehensively choppy plotline, no flow, incredibly shallow to no character depth, horrendous animation, and general suckiness of such level it makes other crappy works of Toei's such as Dragonball GT look like some kind of a masterpiece(which it isn't; rather, it's an atrocity, and I'm sure there's more than one of you who'd agree with me on that one), then as aforementioned, you're the one who needs to be given "a few more years," douchebag. Or better yet, JUST GROW UP. I'd like to see you enjoying some truly great masterpieces of manga and anime(enough to be called works of art, in my eyes) such as Berserk, Vagabond, the Drifting Classroom, Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto, and the list goes on, but that's after you grow out of the ****ed-up and infantile piece of crap known as Digimon. 'nuff said.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    So because you can't counter any of the arguments I made without pathetically flailing on the floor attempting to insult me, you resort to the report button? You two are the ones who need to "learn some manners," especially considering you two were the ones who started this in the first place by making presumptions regarding my age and crap. If anything, that's trolling, so would you like to be reported in return as well? Also, how old are you exactly? Don't call me "young man" when you aren't so old yourself.

Also, rofl@your edit. "Cussing makes me look cool?" Lawl, you have your head so far up you ass and deep into your small intestines it's not even funny.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Excuse me but why are you posting in this thread if you only want to abuse Digimon?

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    It's a forum where you're free to post any opinion you like on any subject, whether it be negative or not. I merely posted my opinion regarding the subject and topic at hand, then those two up there started the soon-to-be flame-fest, and now they're making a pitiful attempt at ending it at the mods' behest with the report button. Whattan00b!1!1!1(lawl, I just wanted to get that out :D)

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    Report me for what? Uttering a few borderline profane words that aren't even visible thanks to the filtrator? There's far more profanity on other places around, this site included, so that's hardly an excuse.

Raqib12

Hedgehog
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 20, 2013
    You're being reported, young man. There are ten year olds on this forum. Maybe you should learn some manners, and take your own advance and grow up, though I doubt it.

He's ten at the moment.

As for Frontier, the only bad thing about it, was the dub. As most dubbed Anime is horrible; he's probably one that either watches dubbed/subbed Anime LMAO.

Sorry to all of those that do need to watch either of those, it's just funny when it's him trying to insult good Anime. =P

And as I stated, you fall under the "I HATE IT, BUT IT'S SO ADDICTING" category. You just can't admit that you like Digimon/Pokemon, so you give your idiotic opinions that only you seem to agree with.

Me2UJus4Free

Years
    Who is watching Savers? I want to watch the series, but I need an opinion on rather or not I should get into the series. Does it live up to the hype, or is it like the "XIII" of the anime world.

As for the matter at hand, Gachacking, you need a big steaming cup of clam the helicopter down. None of my posts were in anyway abusive. I was not "[starting] the soon-to-be flame-fest" [sic]. You are the one who posted a harassing post directed at both me and Ragib12. We did not curse up a storm like you. We just wanted to understand where you were coming form. And I did not need to tell a teenager my age. I am a grown woman, I do not have to explain myself to you. So, do not blame your social awkwardness on me or anyone else.

Now, before anymore of our nice things get taken away, I'll stop the silliness. I don't need my blood presser high before going to bed.

Raqib12

Hedgehog
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 20, 2013
    Who is watching Savers? I want to watch the series, but I need an opinion on rather or not I should get into the series. Does it live up to the hype, or is it like the "XIII" of the anime world.

As for the matter at hand, Gachacking, you need a big steaming cup of clam the helicopter down. None of my posts were in anyway abusive. I was not "[starting] the soon-to-be flame-fest" [sic]. You are the one who posted a harassing post directed at both me and Ragib12. We did not curse up a storm like you. We just wanted to understand where you were coming form. And I did not need to tell a teenager my age. I am a grown woman, I do not have to explain myself to you. So, do not blame your social awkwardness on me or anyone else.

I've already finished watching the series, and I recommend it.
    PM me for details :D

And since I refuse to sound like an idiot using profanity, Gachacking; stop being such a "Nasty little bugger!" - YTAS

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back