• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digivolve! into The Digimon Fan Club

Years
I haven't posted in here for a while.

Who's your favorite Digi-Destined character of the whole series?
That is hard to answer, but since Tamers is my favourite season, I'm fond of most of the tamers characters. I like Henry, because he seems rational and laid-back to me. Marcus and Keenan are cool too.

Years
Why is there never any love for Data Squad?

I just don't like that the main characters look like late teenagers instead of kids. And don't like the first bad guy, Kurata, i just hate him. That's about it, it's not that bad otherwise, i love Marcus punching Digimon.

The only reason it's low on my Digimon season list is because i just like most other seasons better.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Why is there never any love for Data Squad?
Savers was weird because it was so hard to find. I, and I'm sure this is true for a lot of people, didn't get the channel that Savers was shown on when it was first released. There was also a few years between Frontier and Savers (over four years in America), so older fans drifted away and newer ones might not have had a way to watch the series.

Plus there are other issues that fans take with Savers. The art style is different. The human characters are older. Masaru doesn't wear goggles. Agumon is different. The series takes a darker tone. (Some people even dislike Tamers for the same reason.)

I also think that the trend of not liking Savers just has to do with the fans you talk to. Mostly, I've seen fans of Digimon online that are around my age or just a few years younger. We're the ones that grew up with Adventure and Zero-Two with a little bit of Tamers. Those two are the seasons most fans of Digimon are nostalgic for, and all that the fandom really seems to focus on. I mean, I still get into discussions with other people about Zero-Two's epilogue and how no one likes it, and that aired thirteen years ago. But I'm hard-pressed to find anyone to even talk about Xros Wars or even Frontier.

Personally, I've seen a handful of the beginning episodes of Savers dubbed, back when I bought them on DVD. I haven't really watched the season as well as I could to make an opinion on it, but I'd like to some day.

I wish Takeru was explored a bit more. Others pretty much had an episode or 2 that showed their characteristics, Takeru not so much. The relationship with Yamato was barely explored too when compared to Taichu and Hikari (we only know that Yamato really cares for Takeru, that's it).
The majority of the cast in Zero-Two didn't get as much development as they should have. Honestly, as much as I enjoy BlackWarGreymon (he's one of my favorite Digimon), his presence in Zero-Two hurt the rest of the cast, as time was devoted to developing him when it could have been used on any one of the pre-established cast. Or even bring BlackWarGreymon in sooner than twenty episodes from the finale...when yet another villain is introduced that needs development.

Maybe there's a good reason why I can barely remember details about Zero-Two's plot after BlackWarGreymon's arrival and before the last episode.

Years
The majority of the cast in Zero-Two didn't get as much development as they should have. Honestly, as much as I enjoy BlackWarGreymon (he's one of my favorite Digimon), his presence in Zero-Two hurt the rest of the cast, as time was devoted to developing him when it could have been used on any one of the pre-established cast. Or even bring BlackWarGreymon in sooner than twenty episodes from the finale...when yet another villain is introduced that needs development.

Maybe there's a good reason why I can barely remember details about Zero-Two's plot after BlackWarGreymon's arrival and before the last episode.

Ken and BlackWarGreymon are like the only characters that had developed, or even had a story. And even then both have their own plot holes or unexplained stuff. First of all, why did the Destiny Stones hurt BlackWarGreymon? And secondly, how did BlackWarGreymon know who Myotismon is? He was even perfectly aware that Myotismon tried to conquer the world before. I don't remember any of Ken's cause it has been forever since i watched Zero-Two.

Also i still fail to understand what was the point of Ryo appearing in Zero-Two flashbacks, and how he and Ken defeated Milleniumon with just Wormon.

Also what was the point of Daemon appearing at all? I think that like 35+ episodes into the series the writers should have realized that they scrapped the Dark Ocean storyline that was planned a long time ago.

Hackenfall Backslash

The weirdest mofo you'll ever meet . . . seriously
Years
Savers was weird because it was so hard to find. I, and I'm sure this is true for a lot of people, didn't get the channel that Savers was shown on when it was first released. There was also a few years between Frontier and Savers (over four years in America), so older fans drifted away and newer ones might not have had a way to watch the series.

Plus there are other issues that fans take with Savers. The art style is different. The human characters are older. Masaru doesn't wear goggles. Agumon is different. The series takes a darker tone. Some people even dislike Tamers for the same reason.
Digimon Online. <3 First and foremost though I have yet to play it. I think Data Squad hate is just a bandwagoning trend. So what if the characters are older? This isn't Persona. They tried something different and it worked. Why is it that westerners (American especially) are afraid of change? Can't even change fictional ♥♥♥♥ without there being a hate bandwagon for it.

Metal Gear Rising. Hate for changing the genre from stealth action to button-mashing action. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Hate for making Snake a secondary character rather than the playable lead. I expect there to be full-fleged hate for Kojima as a whole should he continue the series after MGS4 with a different protagonist, which I think he should do, as Snake has finally given up that life once and for all. There is zero canonical reason to bring him out of retirement (which they did in Metal Gear Solid - 1999).

It's always change that gets people in a tizzy. Why? When did humans become so spineless? Because Data Squad has late teens it's a reason to hate them. I'm not sure what you mean by "Agumon is different" either. He's different in that the Digimon in question has a different personality than Adventure's Agumon. Well, guess what? There isn't only one Agumon. Not sure if you knew this or not. It's not exactly a rare species of Digimon. The creatures are shown to be intelligent and even capable of having genders and unique personalities. Why would Data Squad have the exact same copypaste Agumon from the other seasons?

The goggles. Really? Again. Change. Something as arbitrary as goggles! The art style is whatever. But the goggles? Who cares?! They're goggles! Go out and buy some if they matter that much to you. As for the "darker tone", it's not that much darker. Introduce a villain that experiments on and creates their own Digimon and suddenly it's a Digimon creepypasta! Get real.

This is why I don't even bother unmuting myself in real life. My life is so much easier as a mute because these are the kinds of conversations that surround me daily. What is wrong with the human species?

Years
I'm not sure what you mean by "Agumon is different" either. He's different in that the Digimon in question has a different personality than Adventure's Agumon. Well, guess what? There isn't only one Agumon. Not sure if you knew this or not. It's not exactly a rare species of Digimon. The creatures are shown to be intelligent and even capable of having genders and unique personalities. Why would Data Squad have the exact same copypaste Agumon from the other seasons?

The goggles. Really? Again. Change. Something as arbitrary as goggles! The art style is whatever. But the goggles? Who cares?! They're goggles! Go out and buy some if they matter that much to you. As for the "darker tone", it's not that much darker. Introduce a villain that experiments on and creates their own Digimon and suddenly it's a Digimon creepypasta! Get real.

I think most complaints about Agumon came from the fact that his appearance was different from the Agumon they grew up with. He was taller, a bit slimmer, had belts around his arms and had an entirely different evolution line(one of them was just a redesigned Greymon). I honestly liked this Agumon and it's evolutions more, except for maybe liking WarGreymon more.

I really can't imagine Marcus having goggles, i just can't.

I agree the storyline wasn't even close to dark. The only really dark thing that happened was Kurota dying(because he is a human), but i'm sure everybody was actually happy about that because everybody (including me) hated him. Also if the problem is with the storyline being dark, then how did people watch Digimon Tamers?

Hackenfall Backslash

Years
I originally wasn't going to respond since I am under the impression nothing more needs to be said, but I like your avatar. Quilava > Typhlosion because of the fire mane and tail. It can retract and (whatever the opposite is). Just an all-around better-designed Pokemon than it's basic and second stage form(s). Now, onto the topic at hand.

I think most complaints about Agumon came from the fact that his appearance was different from the Agumon they grew up with. He was taller, a bit slimmer, had belts around his arms and had an entirely different evolution line(one of them was just a redesigned Greymon). I honestly liked this Agumon and it's evolutions more, except for maybe liking WarGreymon more.
Geogreymon > Greymon because red is striking and fits the Digimon. I already discussed this in a previous post, mentioning that today's humans are pusillanimous and afraid of any change. Even something as simple as dieting is a big deal.

I really can't imagine Marcus having goggles, i just can't.
Good, because I can't either.

I agree the storyline wasn't even close to dark. The only really dark thing that happened was Kurota dying(because he is a human), but i'm sure everybody was actually happy about that because everybody (including me) hated him. Also if the problem is with the storyline being dark, then how did people watch Digimon Tamers?
I didn't even see season 3 yet. All I know is that Takato digivolves the wrong way and Gallantmon ends up going Megidramon. Change can be good. A crazy concept, I know. Someone call the Waffen SS! We got ourselves a thinker!

"Hacken is betraying the Fatherland! Ich lieben die! Mien kampf! Stielhandgranate! Wolfenstein! Medal of Honor!" <-- That's pretty much the reaction to any change today -- good or bad.

Years
I didn't even see season 3 yet. All I know is that Takato digivolves the wrong way and Gallantmon ends up going Megidramon. Change can be good. A crazy concept, I know. Someone call the Waffen SS! We got ourselves a thinker!

I find Matrix(Biomerge in English) evolution awesome. Awesome background music in original japenese too(especially for Takato). The only thing i don't like is that the Tamers are naked during those scenes.

I actually didn't like Frontiers humans turning into Digimon concept at first. Then after like 2 days realized "These guys are turning into Digimon! That's ♥♥♥♥ing awesome! I would turn into a Digimon forever and stay that way if i could!"

Honestly if the Digimon seasons weren't different each seasons then they would just be as boring as Pokemon anime is now, nothing changes, every episode is the same etc...

Hackenfall Backslash

Years
I find Matrix(Biomerge in English) evolution awesome. Awesome background music in original japenese too(especially for Takato). The only thing i don't like is that the Tamers are naked during those scenes.

I actually didn't like Frontiers humans turning into Digimon concept at first. Then after like 2 days realized "These guys are turning into Digimon! That's ♥♥♥♥ing awesome! I would turn into a Digimon forever and stay that way if i could!"

Honestly if the Digimon seasons weren't different each seasons then they would just be as boring as Pokemon anime is now, nothing changes, every episode is the same etc...
I forgot it was called biomerge.

If we're all for one world there's a world for us all!

Pokemon is boring now. Unless it's Origins (which only has 5 episodes) or the manga, I'm not paying any attention to it. Gary > Ash, the Pokemon themselves are getting silly, and it's time to change the video game battle formula. Make it a bit complicated. I'm not saying you have to go Shin Megami Tensei: Pokemon, but damn! Can a brotha get a lil' change in dis muh'?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
For the fifteenth anniversary of Digimon Adventure, Taito Animation revealed that there's going to be a new special animation! It follows the first group of Chosen Children three years after the end of Zero-Two. The release date is Spring 2015.

I'm definitely going to follow news of this project. Especially in the hopes that the Zero-Two Chosen are also included, and the focus isn't just on the first season's characters.

Also i still fail to understand what was the point of Ryo appearing in Zero-Two flashbacks, and how he and Ken defeated Milleniumon with just Wormon.
There were a series of games released for the Japan-only video game system, the Bandai Wonderswan, for Digimon Adventure. The games follow the story of Ryo, and he meets and becomes friends with Ken. (It's at least implied that Ryo is Ken's only friend other than Wormmon.) In Tag Tamers (when Ken and Ryo traveled in the DigiWorld as a team of sorts), they were also joined by V-mon and perhaps other Digimon that Ryo found.

I haven't played the game yet, so I don't really know the entire plot details. Information is hard to come by online.

Also what was the point of Daemon appearing at all? I think that like 35+ episodes into the series the writers should have realized that they scrapped the Dark Ocean storyline that was planned a long time ago.
I watched the Demon episodes in the original Japanese, and there still wasn't an answer there. The only thing I can figure is that the writers wanted to explore Miyako and Iori's reluctance to kill a Digimon, and they couldn't use what they already had for the story. (BlackWarGreymon's too strong, Arukenimon and Mummymon were still needed for Oikawa, and the World Tour just had them send the Digimon back to the DigiWorld.) They also probably wanted Demon to show that Ken has begun to move past who he was as the Kaiser when he opened the gate to the dark world.

There's been some fan speculation that Demon was around to get the dark seed data to revive Millenniumon, but that's just what the fans think. I haven't found anything from the writers to explain what Demon's goal was. My guess was what just came to mind when I was watching those episodes.

Everything that I mentioned in my post was just what the fans of Digimon assumed about Savers. Again, I haven't seen Savers, I want to see Savers to judge it for myself. I would say, though, that swearing, calling people ignorant, and telling people to "get a life" and other such phrases does not reflect well, and might make potential fans more reluctant to watch Savers.

Years
I'm so hyped for the new Digimon season. I'm glad they are taking their time and not rushing it like Boy Hunters either.

I know of the Wonderswan games, but because they were not released outside of the Japan and because they were really old, really little is actually known about the games.

I have seen speculation that Daemon was actually Dragomon from the Dark Ocean. I wish the Dark Ocean was actually explored in the series. Maybe in the upcoming season? Though i doubt that.

Hackenfall Backslash

Years
Everything that I mentioned in my post was just what the fans of Digimon assumed about Savers. Again, I haven't seen Savers, I want to see Savers to judge it for myself. I would say, though, that swearing, calling people ignorant, and telling people to "get a life" and other such phrases does not reflect well, and might make potential fans more reluctant to watch Savers.
So lacking a spine and/or tough skin, and not watching something one might enjoy just to spite someone they don't know and never will know after convincing themselves they are spiting that person, is a consequence of what I said. Right. Good to know!

Back