• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dilemma - Sun or Moon

blue

gucci
Years
  • The name is what really sells it for me. Although I do like both Sun and Moon, within the first few moments of knowing the titles I was certain I'll be playing Moon first.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • Get Moon version and trade for the Sun exclusives. A lot of people do version exclusive for version exclusive trades on the GTS, anyway.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I tend to choose the versions having version exclusives (not only legendaries) I like more than others. That's why I choose White/White 2 over Black/Black 2 because I liked it's version exclusives more and they overweight the Black's version exclusive Pokémon.

I had the feeling since the beginning I would get maybe the Sun version and given the version exclusive like the rugby lemur or Rockruff's Sun evolution appealed to me. Like Gen 4 I wasn't sure which legendary I would like, but judging from the version exclusives helped me. I like Lunala, but somehow I feel drawn to Solgaleo more. The time difference between Sun and Moon sounds nice, but I prefer to play with the timezone I'm familiar - so it's Sun.

Version exclusives can be traded over, but the differences (from my view) between both versions could be seen in the mainstory like which Totem Pokémon or Ultra Beast could appear.

PingPongCirculate

Mix these mixed nuts!
    Years
  • My decision is usually based on which legendary appeals to me most. I usually always manage to get the other legendary one way or another as well as the version exclusives, so I really never worry about getting both games.
    When Sun and Moon were announced, I was leaning towards Sun, but when the legendaries were revealed, I HAD to go with moon.

Back