• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dino's Fakemon

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
  • well done. Your stuff still looks quite good. I enjoy seeing work from you. and I'm glad you changed the second evo on the water, the evolution seems to have more flow while not copying the grass evolution. do you have plans to make more fakemon?

Years
  • well done. Your stuff still looks quite good. I enjoy seeing work from you. and I'm glad you changed the second evo on the water, the evolution seems to have more flow while not copying the grass evolution. do you have plans to make more fakemon?

Thanks, and yes, I do have plans to make more fakemon, however yet again I am in the process of editing them all.
    Here's a sneak peak
    indoh_region_fakemon_by_dinosaurodon-d4b1pfe.png

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    im loving all those pokes except the grass/fight... and the dark flying bird (just that one not the previous evos of it). i liked the 3rd stage fire/rock poke too. and i like the new water evo. looks more realistic.

wonderful job on their eyes.

caterpillar and the fire evos are my favorite.

keep up the good work.

EDIT: I ONLY SAW THE FIRST PAGE...

the last post: grass starters look better... so does the ptera thing...
    whats that sheep thing thou?

Years
  • im loving all those pokes except the grass/fight... and the dark flying bird (just that one not the previous evos of it). i liked the 3rd stage fire/rock poke too. and i like the new water evo. looks more realistic.

wonderful job on their eyes.

caterpillar and the fire evos are my favorite.

keep up the good work.

EDIT: I ONLY SAW THE FIRST PAGE...

the last post: grass starters look better... so does the ptera thing...
    whats that sheep thing thou?

Thanx, the pteradactyl has to be my favorite. The sheep thing is a shrew xD

Skizzieren

- to outline; design
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    I really like these sprites! I especially love the design of the red birds. However, I think they could use a palette adjustment. To me, the red and black are a tad too dark(?) maybe. Also, the right wing looks rather flat in the second red bird.

Years
  • What exactly? the claws on the grass dinosaur?

deviantART user JESGRAD07 claims you've taken parts of other people's fakemon and used it as your own. I compared your recent fakemon with a lot of other people's fakemon sprites and I don't see a lot of similarity, in most of them except for the final of the ptera and grass starter.

In a recent blog entry of JESGRAD07, she says:
    JESGRAD07 said:
    I happened to come upon the dex when browsing around. I noticed the arms of the grass starters final stage were exact match for my Water Starters Final. I left a simple comment "
    blankstare.gif
    " and then later I went back and commented " I don't care if you take from the official pokemon sprites. But I do mind when you take from my fakemon sprites. The arms of the final stage of your grass starter are the arms from my water starter plattasaur. Don't freaking leech off of others because you feel you can't sprite yourself" or something to that effect. He replied "wooo hold on there. you should be grateful when someone uses your work. It means they respect you and shows how good a spriter you are. Calm down your acting like I robbed a bank" or something to that effect.

After comparing them, I did notice that the lineart was exactly the same. but the shading is different. Now for the comparison images.

2qx9axg.jpg

Notice how the claws and arms fit in exactly from JESGRAD07's piece and dino's piece.

why650.jpg

This is something I thought of, though I'm not sure of it myself. Just notice the similarity in blazeknight-94's piece and dino's piece mostly around the mouth, eye and neck.

Last edited:

DGXZ

DiGital eXtreme artZ
    Years
  • Epicz! I love the starters! However one thing I noticed about the design of starters, is that grass starters are all reptiles, fire starters are all from the chinese zodiac, and water starters can live on land but rely on water for living. Although your skills are amazing *o*

Years
  • Epicz! I love the starters! However one thing I noticed about the design of starters, is that grass starters are all reptiles, fire starters are all from the chinese zodiac, and water starters can live on land but rely on water for living. Although your skills are amazing *o*

Awesome dude! these fakemons are nice and the shadings are perfect. Keep it up!

Thanks guys! I try to do my best :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2022
    love the sprites!
    shadings awsome!
    nothing else to say but that i would love to see more.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    These are looking really good, my advice is to research some dinosaurs get some different shapes and sizes, heres some suggestions; Bambiraptor, Fulgurotherium, Hypsibema, Jinfengopteryx & Udanoceratops there's is some idea that will bring you great Dino-mon overall your sprites are great :)

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Dude, you're making me want to create a Fakemon game haha

Keep it up, you're drawing/design for these Fakemon creatures are amazing.

Years
  • Thanks guys for the much appreciated comments, you're the ones that make me want to keep on spriting!

And now for a long overdue update :D
    *edited the parts that i stole from other spriters and added an apple bird thing and some fire hyaenas
    muhpokes2.png

Back