• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Directory Size Problem

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2011

There is a problem with one of the directories on my hard drive in Windows Xp, When I was recovering off a accidentally Formatted hard drive, all of the files went into a single directory and now whenever I try to go into the Directory, Windows Explorer just freezes. So I was wondering if there was a effective way of (example: Splitting the folder contents into parts) without having to go through the whole recovery process again?

Years

• There is a problem with one of the directories on my hard drive in Windows Xp, When I was recovering off a accidentally Formatted hard drive, all of the files went into a single directory and now whenever I try to go into the Directory, Windows Explorer just freezes. So I was wondering if there was a effective way of (example: Splitting the folder contents into parts) without having to go through the whole recovery process again?
    Is your current drive formatted as FAT16/32, as far as you are aware?

Years
  • If you mean my current PC hard drive, it is NTFS but the recovered hard drive was FAT32 and after the format it is also NTFS.

Nevermind, I was checking, as FAT can have file/directory size limits, etc. They're rarely a problem since FAT16, but it was worth a shot.

I'd be inclined to boot off a Linux liveCD and split the files that way.

Back