• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DirectX Issues...

Inferny

Lord of Pokabu
Years
  • Sorry if this is the wrong section, I thought I'd post it here just to make sure.

Hiya, I've had some problems with DirectX since I reformated my PC. Whenever I try to start up a program using many audio files, like RGSS, I get the rror message saying "Failed to initialize DirectX audio". It happens while visitting websites requiring it, too. Seems my PC lacks this special plugin. Problem is I have /NO/ idea what DirectX is...

I've tried googling it, but I can't figure out what files to download nor how to install them. This is really annoying since I can't use RPG Maker when it happens. Anybody please tell me how to fix it? :(

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Direct X 10 is what you should be looking for I believe.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Unfortunately no, I got it from when I installed a game that uses it.

Years
  • (Quote from the DirectX download page) "the core Windows® technology that drives high-speed multimedia and games on the PC."
    Anyway, try installing this: https://www.microsoft.com/downloads...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displayLang=en
    To check what version of DirectX you have, type in dxdiag in Run (Start -> Run)
    While in dxdiag, check the sound drivers in the Sound 1 (or 2) tab. Try updating the drivers for that as well.

If you tell me what the driver for your sound is (for example;
    Name: RTKVHDA.sys) I can tell you where to download the latest drivers for it (or you could easily do it yourself by typing in the name of the driver in Google).

Back