• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disabled Smilies Appear in Profile Messages

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
  • Even though I've disabled smilies, whenever I use :) or something like that in profile messages, they appear. It's really annoying, as I have to click edit and toggle disable smilies for them to disappear. Anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? :/

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    That same thing happens to me too. It's quite annoying.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • That's because the "always disable smilies" field only works with the Advanced Text Editor or the WYSIWYG editor. Because the BB code you can use in profiles, etc. is very limited compared to full posts, it only uses the basic editor. If you do use smilies, all you have to do is edit your message after it's posted or preview/go advanced before you post it because the advanced/edit page will disable the smilies for you when saved. It annoys me too. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Going on from Lightning: you can reverse faces where possible, for example (: and ):
    Or, change the bracket used, as in :] and :[ ... though I'll admit, :] looks like some kind of dumb smile.

Back