• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disallow you to have more than 6 pokemon TOTAL

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    Hello everybody. I'm new here.
    Just started scripting and I'm slowly learning how to do things.

Anyways, I want my game to only allow the player to have only 6 Pokemon at a time.
    Because my game will be set in the past, a PC storage will not exist.
    It will be a difficult game solely based on strategic survival. (No Pokecenters)

In other words, let's say the player has a full party of 6 Pokemon. He runs into a Gyarados, which he really wants and catches it. The game says, you're carrying too many! Release which Pokemon?
    And it will list seven options (the six you had + gyarados). Whichever is selected would be released and the rest would be kept.
    Hope that made sense.

P.S. Also wondering if there is a way for certain trainers to send their Pokemon to battle without the whole Pokeball thing. (As if Ash's Pikachu were to just walk into battle like in Pokemon Yellow)

Back