• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disappointing Presents

Improfane

hiatus
Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Anybody get any disappointing presents this year?

The Orange Box. Portal is a repetitive novelty and Team Fortress is button bash fest like UT. Critics say that Portal and TF are awesome.

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I didn't get that many games.
    To be honest though...BOSE headphones sound like my old ones, except they have the brand name on them and are bigger. No big difference except for the price x.x; I wish I'd gotten something cheaper; I don't want to strain my parents x.x

I was happy with all of my presents to be honest. I'm never really disappointed because how can you be disappointed when someone actually thought enough of you to get you something? That's already something to be grateful for.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I haven't been disappointed with anything yet, but I haven't had time to use everything because I'm too busy playing The Orange Box.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Last christmas I got underwear, no offence but nobody wants underwear for a resent

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    NO DADDY! YOU GOT IT WRONG! I WANTED THE PINK FERARRI, NOT THE BLUE ONE! MY CHRISTMAS IS RUINED!!*storms off screaming*

I'm actually happy with everything I got this yeah, ironically ._.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    I thought Christmas was about giving and not recieving, you all should be happy with your gifts 'cause think about the kids who didn't get anything or there parents couldnt afford that blaket to keep them warm.

I was happy with everything I got cause it came from my parents.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I dont think he means the topic to be like that.
    He means a present that you've always wanted and been hyped up about not turning out as you thought it would be.

Like, going to a movie based off a book you've been waiting forever to come out and finding out they left out all the good parts.

Years
  • Woah. Come on, you got a friggin Nano. You want a MP3 player or something to impress all your friends? Nano plays music fine.

Years
  • Last christmas I got underwear, no offence but nobody wants underwear for a resent
    I got underwear one year as well, but I wanted it. XD It was just embarassing opening it in front of everyone, that's all.
    I got an Ipod nano..bit disappointing as I'd have liked the touch edition.

Ha, I have a worse story than that. I wanted an iPod and didn't get ANY kind of iPod at all. D< This wasn't Christmas, though.

The only thing I don't like this year was an ornament I got from this grab bag at my great-grandma's house, and that's more because I have no tree to hang it on. I would use it if I could. I also have a bar of soap that I was initially disappointed by, because it wasn't real chocolate. XD

Overall, I'm easy to please. :D

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • Sammi said:
    I wanted an iPod and didn't get ANY kind of iPod at all. D<

Pfft, screw iPods. iRiver ftl. :x

I count my iRiver Clix as a present, even if it wasn't necessarily one granted to me for Christmas. Sure enough I'm not disappointed with it.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Well, it's not a life-altering disappointment or anything, but...

I got a copy of Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird". It's not that I mind the book, it's just that I already have a copy that I got for my birthday two years back. xD

Other than that...I was actually slightly disappointed to see money among my presents.

Yeah, cue the weird stares, I was actually a bit disappointed about the money. Again, it's not something that I mind, but it just feels a tad...impersonal, and to me Christmas presents have always been about the semantic value, not the monetary one. Getting money, it sort of feels like the person isn't confident enough to actually trust their own knowledge in buying a gift for me (which is pretty pointless since I really do appreciate all kinds of gifts, even the ones I use less than others) and just take the easy way out instead. :\

Can't say I blame them, though; I'm notoriously hard to buy presents for because I usually don't have any specific wishes to give. It's mostly books and a few convenient items (like wool socks. Gawd, I love a pair of snugly fitting, warm wool socks for the cold winter nights <3) that are guaranteed to get really used, because I'm weird like that. xD

Still, every gift I get has that warm, fuzzy feeling associated with it so I'm not really complaining. ^^

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I didn't get anything disappointing this year, the books I got I actually have been dying to read and the CD wasn't too bad either.

But I've had a few disappointing presents before, like clothing which I'm too big for xD.

I love how straight after Christmas, online auction sites thrive with unwanted gifts.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • I was happy with all my gifties. But um, I guess the worst ones would be socks and... that sort of stuff. D: OH. And I got a scrub brush one year so I could do dishes with it.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • I got a pair of these "Yaktraks" or something like that. They're supposed to prevent you from slipping when the ground is icy but still, pretty useless to me...

That's it. I'm really happy with everything else I got (credit cardddd~!)

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I got a nintendo ds last year. Then it fell on the floor. My nintendo ds now lies sadly in my backyard, along with my various dead pets.

I'm totally joking. :P

Back