• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Disappointments

Years
  • I think it's retarded that in HG/SS you had to wait until pretty much the end of the game to get the retro tunes back...

At least the fact you have to work for it means there's at least effort to be proud of. Speaking of HG/SS, I was kinda annoyed a lot of Johto Pokemon weren't available until you got to Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    I was definitely disappointed in the new evolutions for old Pokemon D/P brought. For the Pokemon that I already didn't like (Magneton, Electabuzz, Tangela,) I didn't care that I didn't like their evolutions.
    But I was disappointed in Togekiss and Weavile. I don't think they're especially bad, but I thought Togetic should have evolved into a dragon and I didn't like weaviles "crown" thing.
    I also didn't like the starters much.

I loved playing Diamond and Pearl though, even if I didn't like most of the Pokemon available.

Years
  • Regarding D/P/Pt I honestly didn't play them much, that just weren't that interesting to me I guess? Also for some reason I found Barry irritating. I liked some of the Pokemon they introduced, especially Rotom and Garchomp, but overall for me I just didn't enjoy it that much. The lack of good fire types certainly didn't help either.

As for HG/SS I absolutely adored it, it's probably my most played pokemon game, the only issue I ever really had with it was that once you got to a certain point it really became a pain to level up. I played a nuzlocke run against a friend in HG and SS about a year ago and I was blown away by how much trouble I had leveling up for Red, it was just hours and hours of grinding. For a normal play through though I really enjoyed it and loved having my pokemon trail behind me. I really hope that feature makes a comeback at some point.

Back