• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disciplining Children

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • Spanking is wrong. You don't hit anyone weaker than you or who cannot defend themselves. Especially your own children.

And what does it teach them? If you don't do as you're told, you'll get smacked?

In my family, both when I was a small child, and today with my younger cousins, we treat children just like adults...but smaller. You don't yell, but you use a stern voice. You get your point across. And you give reasons and explanations - even if they're child-friendly. It's not "Listen to me, *slap*" it's "Here's why you need to do this (or not do this)"

Not that my entire family is like that. I've seen both cases. And in watching the kids grow up over the years, certainly those who were treated like they were intelligent, treated with respect and love, are certainly better-off and more well-behaved that those who were spanked. Those other kids continue to misbehave and are loud and violent.

If you treat your kids with respect, then later on they'll treat you with respect.

salochin

Dragon Master
    Years
  • Do you think that spanking children is wrong? If so what disciplinary tactics would you use as a parent? I personally believe that spanking is a neccesary action. Spare the rod, spare the child.

As long as the bat isn't too heavy. Just kidding, but spanking isn't necessary in my opinion, you need to be firm yes, but just remember a firm look at a small child who is half your size does enough without hitting them, but then again everyone has there own parenting style. :3

Back