• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discrimination - What's wrong with us?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    We're taught not to look down upon others, no matter what they do. Judgment isn't for us to pass, because as humans, we're all very much fallible, so we're in no position to judge.

I don't believe that a person can be born gay. Dean Hammer, in case no one remembers him, is basically the one that got the "gay gene" huge publicity with his tests in the early 90's. He said he proved that there is in fact a gay gene with the "twin tests", there were a few major flaws with this. He did these tests without checking other pairs of twins within the same families. It was said that he basically did those tests without control groups because of this. The test have been done again by other doctors with and without control groups and not one of them has been able to replicate similar results that definitively proved there is a gay gene. One of the people doing these new tests was quoted as saying something along the lines of "no evidence, not even a trend that could support the idea of a gay gene was found in our results when done in similar fashion to Dr. Hammer's test". Anne Sterling has also been noted as saying one of the bigger, if not the biggest flaws with these twin tests is that they were all done on twins raised in the same household, that went to the same school and generally had the same social group and upbringing. She cites this as reason to claim that one cannot be born gay, but that lifestyle is instilled in them due to their surroundings.

So all that coupled with the fact that I don't believe God would allow anyone to be born gay is why I think it's a choice. This is a choice that hurts the individual though, it's their life and what they do is up to them. If gay person tries to help sick children, rejecting them based on the fact that they're gay is just as wrong as the gay person being gay in the first place.
    I disagree with both sides of this argument. I don't believe that people can just be born gay. Likewise, I don't believe that being gay is a choice, I can't see an argument for that. Can you really imagine some guy one day waking up and saying to himself "I'm bored of women, I'm gonna be gay from now on."?

Sexuality, in my opinion, is largely determined in our youths, mainly the experiences of the first few years of our lives. And those experiences, though probably minor and couldn't be prevented or altered by our parents, start to mould us into the type of person we grow up to be, included which way we swing.

In not big on watching two men going at it and I never will be, even watching two guys tongue wrestling makes me feel ill, but I don't believe religious folks have a right to call it a sin. I've never read the bible and I only know what I've learned from school so that's my only knowledge of that, but I'm just gonna use my insanely high knowledge of sex as my argument against homosexuality being a sin.

WARNING: The following may not be unsuitable for all.

The more mature among us will all have heard of the 'G Spot'. It's basically a small patch of skin inside a woman's vagina that provides her a large amount of pleasure when rubbed. Obviously, the natural tool for hitting that spot is a penis, hence sex being so pleasurable for women. Fair enough, right? Those of us you believe that God created everybody and everything will think that makes sense, right? Because it does. But how many people knew that men also have a similar version of the 'G Spot'? And where is the 'G Spot' on a man? It's on the prostate, deep in the anus. And what is the natural tool for hitting that spot and providing that man with pleasure? That's right, a penis. If God didn't want man-on-man love in the world, why did he give men a pleasure spot that only other men could naturally reach? Where's the sense in that? There isn't, that's why it is completely foolish to claim that 'God' thinks homosexuality is a sin, he gave men the tools needed to provide each other with pleasure.

I'm not happy watching men doing it, but I should never really be in a position where I'd have to, but I can accept that if they wanna do it then they can. Tolerance and acceptance is the only way we can all survive in this world.

Years
    You used 2 "buts" in a sentence...

Year or two ago I would have been the person doing the discriminating, but things have changed. People can do whatever the heck they want. It's not any of my business. I can't believe this kind of thing is still going on in your country.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2006
    If you're sick of the government I highly suggest you guys to tune into Free Talk Live.

And Dawson, the reason males have a G-Spot aswell is because of this. Early in development EVERYBODY is the same gender.

Back