• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Glee

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Awful first post is awful, sorry

With the new season premiering...as I'm typing this, I feel like a new discussion thread of my personal favorite show, Glee, could be brought back around. What are your opinions on it (Both positive and negative)? Any particular favorite songs from the series thus far (This episode included)? Favorite character?

For me, you can probably guess my favorite character by my signature. Although Cory/Finn is certainly not the best singer on the show, I love his entertaining stupidity. Favorite song wise, I love Defying Gravity, Taking Chances, Poker Face, and Safety Dance. Opinions show-wise, and in a word: Masterpiece.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    It's baaaaack! Though hopefully this season will keep my interest. I didn't really like the last half of the first season. :( It had its moments but it wasn't as good as the first half.

First episode of this season was... okay. :( It made me really uncomfortable like all the way through though. Rachel was almost unbearable and all the scenes with Will being a total jerk (he seems so out of character when he acts like this--happened a few times last season too) to the new gym teacher just.... ugh. Do not want. ;_; I really hope it improves from here. I'll still keep up just for the soundtracks but I do want to really enjoy it again baaaw.

My favourite character is Quinn (followed closely by Finn :D) and my favourite song... idk. ;_; There are too many.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like the fact that Charice is in Glee. Very much so. Sucks that Rachel had to be jealous to drive her away (funny thing is, I used to like her character, but now I haaaate her). I like how the two Asians ...who I forgot the name of got together, giving the wheelchair guy a storyline sorta. Hopefully Kurt/Mercedes get good storylines, cause they're some of the better characters.

And where's the Jason Derulo look-a-like? I didn't see him :( ...then again I wasn't exactly trying to pay attention to that, but yeah. XD; Oh and the coach sucks, cause she'll steal Sue's limelight. D:

OH! And Empire State of Mind was good, because... while it was playing, I sorta called it the Isshu song and confused everyone in the group convo. :D; But yeah, that was good aaand... when Charice sung Listen was good too~

Britney next week :D

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I do have to agree with you two; Rachel was emotionally ugly this episode. I love her in general, but this was just....ughh. A crackhouse. REALLY?

And yes, Britney gets an episode. <3 <3

Nathalie

Banned
    Years
    I don't get why everyone keeps giving Rachel more chances. I guess because she's supposedly the best singer and they'll fail without her, but really she isn't that much better than everyone else. It's been shown that at least Kurt can hit high notes as well as her, and Mercedes has just as strong a voice as her, and they're both actually good people.

Also, Brittany! I love her, I'm glad she'll be getting some focus in the Britney episode rather than just a few one-liners.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    The auto tune used on Telephone was painful and that Rachel girl is so bigheaded. She needs to go.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I'm a total Gleek. I absolutely loved the first episode of the new season.

And I can't wait for the Britney episode :D

Cherrim

Years
    Agreeing so hard on the auto-tuning in Telephone. D: Rachel doesn't need it! I know they were just trying to make it closer to the original song but that's like the one thing I despise about the original so I was really hoping Glee would do its own spin on it rather than just trying to make it sound identical. :'(

Britney episode this weeeeeek! ♥

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm only here to say that the Telephone scene was my favorite of the episode, but only because of how Sue interrupted them mid-way through. I can't get enough of that scene! Shortly after that is the scene where Brittany admitted to lying about the claims of sexual harassment coming from Coach Beiste and then commented about wanting to touch her boobs.

As far as the Britney/Brittany episode is concerned, the only good cover is Stronger. It sounds really good in the sense that it sounds like the original song but with the pitch lowered and tempo slower. They ruined Me Against the Music - and by "they" I mean Brittany's attempt at sounding like Britney Spears. The Only Exception is good, Hit Me Baby One More Time is OK, and Slave 4 U sucks. Heather Morris should just continue to be in the background of Glee performances. As Lea says, "Swaying in background can be fun."

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I kind of had a feeling that would happen; Heather Morris was hired as a dancer, not a singer. I mean I'm so happy she is finally getting some attention (I love her to death XD), but singing, meh.

Also, yes, Telephone was autotuned so much I wanted to puke. I still love it though

Years
    There's hardly any storyline to speak of, and I don't know whether the music alone will be enough to carry it for a few more seasons. Regardless, the music is decent. A bit camp, though.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Storyline sounds like it might be repetitive again, going through Sectionals and Regionals again will be a bit bland and boring, but it should still be good. I think my favourite thing about the episode this week was that there wasn't as many songs as every episode last season. I mean there was about 4 songs in the episode, which is a good number per episode, but last season there was lots.

I think there's been some more in-depth character development though this first episode. Like Tina Cohen-Chang has stopped caring for personality, and started being a normal teen, caring about what people look like. Rachel seems to think she's more caring, but she's still self-centered.

Also that first scene with Puck in it makes me cringe for some reason.

"I made it all up. Coach Bieste didn't touch my boobs, but I want to touch her boobs."

Something I learnt... Being Gay isn't a handicap.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ugh. The Britney episode sucked. Not what I expected. At all. For one, what, Britney appeared only two times? And I'm not even sure that was even her. I disliked how Brittany and Santana got a focus, because yeah I dislike them. I liked how in the end Rachel got Quinn to talk to Finn for her though and that he stuck by her. And the song Rachel sang was the highlight. Oh and Hit Me Baby One More Time was good but... ugh. Tbh I think Circus/Womanizer should've been included too.

Oh and waaayyy too sexual. Even though it was only slight, I didn't like it >____>; And what Sue was saying just confused me. The episode was not appealing to me at all. And what about the other two characters introduced in the first episode? Sort of pointless that they don't get any mention at all in the second one. Oh well. Hopefully the next episode after The Commonwealth Games is better. D: And no, I don't like having to wait like a month or something for more Glee. ;;

Cherrim

Years
    Didn't really like the Britney episode, sadly. :( I think it would've been better had most of the Britney not been in hallucinations. And Rachel was a douche, Will was a douche, and I didn't really like Kurt in it either.

Quinn though. <3 I was about to rage when she asked Finn out near the end but then when I realized she was just helping Rachel out I d'awwed. :( She's definitely still my favourite.

Omg next week looks so horrifyingly sad. T_T

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I absolutely love Glee, but what I'm hearing from the Britney episode 'no good' I adore Britney Spears and everything, but if the episode was actually that bad I might no bother to watch in my honest opinion, also hearing that they ruined Britney's songs ;;. A few of my favorite characters are Kurt 'cause he's fabulous, and Finn 'cause he's just adorable.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I thought it was rather ridiculous that essentially every song was in a freaking fantasy...I mean really? Plus, Heather Morris is a dancer, not a singer. Let's keep it that way (Even though I still love her XD).

In general though, I didn't really think it was that bad. It certainly was NOT one of the best episodes, period.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I have mixed feelings about the Britney episode.

The concept of the episode being Britney Spears didn't really work for me. I feel that they could have done a Britney Spears episode a lot better if they put more focus on it. I mean, comparing to the Madonna episode frmo season 1, I didn't feel that there was an as heavy influence from this episode than the latter.

Brittany shouldn't have been the main focus of the episode. As Jake has said, she is a dancer, and not a full on singer (although she can sing). I feel that the episode should have been focused more on either Tina or Kurt, since Miss. Spears has had the most influence on their characters. Song choices were meh (I loved Toxic though).

I understand that the focus of the episode was everyone coming out of their comfort zone (Kurt being "rebel", Rachel wearing more revealing clothes, Will buying a convertable etc.) and being more like Britney, but I don't feel the episode worhed so well for me.

Best part was the fact that the episode was focused mostly on Brittany, so there was lots of her humor, and finding out that she is Brittany S'Pierce.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I thought the Britney episode was amazing personally... the best so far. What they really need is a Beyonce episode. I also liked the GaGa episode but the Britney episode was not as expected.

Back