• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion Thread] Android Users, Gather Here!

Years
  • WELCOME!

This Is The OFFICIALLY (unofficial) ANDROID POKECOMMUNITY THREAD!!!

So, being a complete techie, I was looking in the Technology forum to see if there were
    any of you guys out there who were talking about android; unfortunately there isnt an official android thread!
    So, I thought, what the hell, I may as well make one.

So my question to you guys is:

What Android Based Phone Do You Have?
    What Do You Like About Android?
    What Do You Think Of Gingerbread/Honeycomb

If you're running any custom roms, or mods, make sure to list them too :laugh:

android.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
  • I wish I had an Andriod. They cost too much per month to have so I'm stuck with my Samsung Gravity 2 :(

A bunch of guys at my local computer shop has them though and they are modded like crazy.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • An android thread.. awesummmm!

What Android Based Phone Do You Have?
    I have a MyTouch 3G with Android 2.2 (too lazy to upgrade). It's an awesome phone and I would never buy any other phone.

The market. You get better apps on Android than in Apple, plus iTunes is NOT required!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Whats this... an Android thread!

I really want a Android phone, but I want a cheap one so I can have one in a few months! I'm stuck will a very outdated version of Symbian.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've got an HTC Desire and I love it so much. I'll admit I'm kind of jealous of the iPhone App Store if only because more places support it (with good reason D:) but I've yet to find something awesome any of my friends' iPhones can do that mine can't do just as well or better. I dislike Apple as a company and vowed not to get an iPhone, which was my main reason for turning to Android, but I'm really happy with my choice now.

Kind of not paying attention to Android 3 though. :( My provider doesn't update anywhere near on time so I won't see it for like a year after it releases and that's a bit depressing. And I'm too paranoid to jailbreak because lol warranties.

Years
  • Was kinda worried this was going to be a dead thread xD
    Nice to see some PCers that are android users.

I've got an HTC Desire and I love it so much. I'll admit I'm kind of jealous of the iPhone App Store if only because more places support it (with good reason D:) but I've yet to find something awesome any of my friends' iPhones can do that mine can't do just as well or better. I dislike Apple as a company and vowed not to get an iPhone, which was my main reason for turning to Android, but I'm really happy with my choice now.

Kind of not paying attention to Android 3 though. :( My provider doesn't update anywhere near on time so I won't see it for like a year after it releases and that's a bit depressing. And I'm too paranoid to jailbreak because lol warranties.

I wouldnt be. the android market is pretty solid as it is, the only improvement that it needs are more big brand games, imo. There's only so much angry birds a man can take before he wishes he had a PSP.

Android 3 (Honeycomb) is directed mainly at tablet devices.... so I doubt they'd put it on the desire :P You might mean 2.3? In which case, yeah, itll be with you 2016.

I've just noticed I havent said what I have :laugh:
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S on 2.3 via Cyanogenmod. its buggy as heck, but cool to have it :)

Whats this... an Android thread!

I really want a Android phone, but I want a cheap one so I can have one in a few months! I'm stuck will a very outdated version of Symbian.

Have you checked out the Orange San Fransisco? Its only £99 in the uk, so its the cheapest one out there atm.
    CNET seems to agree its good too: http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/orange-san-francisco-review-50001481/
    Flash a stock 2.2 rom, and you're sorted :)

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Haha, I did say I wasn't reading up on it. xD But regardless, any updates probably won't make their way to me till late this year, if at all. /sigh

I wish Android had the same kind of game app selection as Apple but I understand it's harder to anticipate all the different kinds of phones with this OS rather than the handful of iOS phones. Ah well. I think Plants vs Zombies is in the works for Android and I'd be perfectly content with just that, lol.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Have you checked out the Orange San Fransisco? Its only £99 in the uk, so its the cheapest one out there atm.

I'm not interested seeing as I'm going to stick to T-mobile, So my two options are the T-mobile Pulse Mini and the HTC Wildfire. I'm leaning towards the wildfire.

Years
  • What Android Based Phone Do You Have?
    Ive got a Motorola Flipout. the most aweseom-est android phone that has/is ever made!
    it flips out with a keyboard :3
    Its apps, and the fact i can play GBA/PS1 games on it :D
    What Do You Think Of Gingerbread/Honeycomb
    Never tried then "/ but ive heard there good, especially the keyboard xD

Does anybody else have trouble updating?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I have two Android Phones, The newest one is the LG Vortex from Verizon. I got it December of last year, its an okay phone, but I wouldn't recommend it. I got spoiled from my first phone and the cheapish free Vortex fails in comparison to my HTC Droid Eris.

I love my Eris so much I am not even using my newer phone. the screen quality (touch) is top notch. Plus HTC Sense UI is much easier to work with than Vanilla Android. I've had custom ROMs, but I currently am just running the default HTC install of 2.1 on the Eris. I got my Eris November 14th 2009, 8 days after the Droid line of phones launched at Verizon.

My favorite thing about Android is its ability to be customized. That and I can use WiFi hotspot for free once my phone was rooted.

Personally I think Google should keep Android on phones, and ChromeOS for tablets / Netbooks.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    I'm a little saddened to see that this only has 10 posts in it. :<

I have the Droid 1, Froyo install. What do I like about Android? The user interface. I have nothing personal against Apple, but tbh with the world; I hate every interface apple has ever had. To me they are just showy and that's not what I care about. Granted that sounds insanely ignorant, but its just me. If you like Apple, swell. Go spend all your money to do less than my Droid does -- for free. (after buying the phone and service, of course :P)
    About Droid's interface, though. I really like the main centered screen with the multi-side screens. I really enjoy the widgets ability, too. The apps menu could use a little work, imo. But hey, it gets the job done in a simple way that doesn't require mass amounts of memory to show a glossy menu. =P I also love (on my Droid 1, not all android phones have one) the physical keyboard. I emulate GBA, GBC, SNES, and PSX on my droid and all run pretty smoothly. I tried using the screen's touch controls, but the buttons just feel right. :)

I'm with Lightning, there. I haven't seen too much on Android 3, but I got an email yesterday from Verizon about the XOOM. oh-magawd. It's going to be so kickass it's unreal. I can't wait to get one!

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I love android! I have the droid 1(had it since it came out) but my screen cracked all over >.< but it still works so im waiting to get a new one.

Android is so much better than iphone/blackberry! iphone limits what you can do too much and blackberries are nearly impossible to learn how to use lol. I am trying to learn how to make android apps right now though and its not going too well i might add.

Zet

Years
  • I love android! I have the droid 1(had it since it came out) but my screen cracked all over >.< but it still works so im waiting to get a new one.

Android is so much better than iphone/blackberry! iphone limits what you can do too much and blackberries are nearly impossible to learn how to use lol. I am trying to learn how to make android apps right now though and its not going too well i might add.

How about trying to use the blackberry and iPhone before you say they suck, also good luck writing the same app over a million times so it works with every android device and not just your own.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm soo eager to get an android tab once I saw the XOOM. They look so sleek.

What does everyone think about the latest Android tabs such as the latest Galaxy and the XOOM?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I honestly don't see the point of a tab computer. My phone works just fine as an MP3 player / web browser if I have to browse the web real quick. My Netbook Covers the more inteasive web browsing, and my Desktop takes care of any havey computing. One might be handy if I didn't have a Netbook, but I'm not going to go buy a blown up phone that I can't even make calls from. If they had a 6-7 inch tab with AWESOME battery life that could make and recive phone calls via a bluetooth head set, or something simular then I would think about replacing my phone with one of those, leaving it in my backpack all the time only having to carry around a little bluetooth head set, yet having a big screen would be nice, but they don't have those yet so I'll just set on the side lines and watch the devices duke it out.

Back