• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Way too many rules for SOTW, Angela, seriously, please just go back to the old format, because some people don't like posting their stocks as some are 'rare' and pretty hard to find, or they might have 'bought' them in a way.

The reason I have that rule for Icontest, is so we can tell how much was actually done to the stock.

Well last sotw the whole problem was there was an entry that was simply recolored. I mean the stock was amazing, but because the majority of the people didn't recognize it I assume they beleived he drew it or made the effects in the stock himself or something.

I dunno, I don't like the rule to be honest either mostly because of my laziness. Despite this though it might prove to be a revealing rule. [/shiftyeyes]

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    In my opinion, the rule should have been added a long time ago. I'd be more inclined to vote for someone who made a bad stock look nice rather than someone who just made an already amazing stock look better. Also, there are those *coughmunnacough* who are more skilled in manipulations, and by posting the stock the voters are able to see just how much manipulation was done to the original stock.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Regardless of that rule though, munna has posted his stocks for a while now anyway.
    It should be optional, or just advised to post stocks?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I know, but munna was the first person that came to mind >.<;

It's really up to the host(ess) if the rule becomes optional/advised/required, but my loyalties lie to the third option. Of course for the first couple of weeks we'd let people who forget slide by, but if the rule passes you have to enforce it eventually.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    You guy need to read back a tad... it's become necessary..

Also:

[jq]Rules:
    • Your entry must be relevant to the current theme. Myself, and other members of the graphics community will be the judge of how well your entry relates, if ever it's relevancy should come into question.
    • You may not enter if you chose the theme.
    • All entries must be made during the SoTW time period. Previously made banners will be disqualified.
    • Do not steal other peoples work and claim as your own.
    • Always leave a link to the stock or render you use.
    • There is no curtain size on the banners.. But it must not go over 500x300px.[/jq]
    Is that satisfactory?

• Limit: one entry per person. -- Nobody enters two sigs anyway.
    • You may edit your banners once you submit them. -- Yea.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I know, but munna was the first person that came to mind >.<;

It's really up to the host(ess) if the rule becomes optional/advised/required, but my loyalties lie to the third option. Of course for the first couple of weeks we'd let people who forget slide by, but if the rule passes you have to enforce it eventually.

The posting of the stock is required.. :)

You guy need to read back a tad... it's become necessary..

Also:

[jq]Rules:
    • Your entry must be relevant to the current theme. Myself, and other members of the graphics community will be the judge of how well your entry relates, if ever it's relevancy should come into question.
    • You may not enter if you chose the theme.
    • All entries must be made during the SoTW time period. Previously made banners will be disqualified.
    • Do not steal other peoples work and claim as your own.
    • Always leave a link to the stock or render you use.
    • There is no curtain size on the banners.. But it must not go over 500x300px.
    [/jq]Is that satisfactory?

• Limit: one entry per person. -- Nobody enters two sigs anyway.
    • You may edit your banners once you submit them. -- Yea.

Yeah.. It's more then that... Thank you... *huggle*

Those are the rules that will be used for next week...

@Dukey... The rule for the stocks is staying.. As we don't want another last weeks fiasco... + I hope your happy now.. There will be fever rules next week....

Last edited:

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    The reason I have that rule for Icontest, is so we can tell how much was actually done to the stock.
    Why can't that apply here?

There shouldn't be any reason for not posting the stock, if like someone suggested earlier that you might have payed for the stock then just link to the websites sample of it.

Is the 500x300px limit really gonna be set for this week? I was hoping to do a vertical one. :<

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    To avoid plagiarism, I would most certainly support the rule of needing a stock
    As for the 500x300 rule, I feel it makes sense however, I think it shouldn't matter too much. So perhaps we could be lienient with it.
    (Spelling fail I know)

Also Angela?
    "
    Duckey"? Lmao, I don't think Siggy would be too happy, or Dukey for that matter & *huggle*? Wow Munna I think she likes you.
    That's my off topic edit for the day xD

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    To avoid plagiarism, I would most certainly support the rule of needing a stock
    As for the 500x300 rule, I feel it makes sense however, I think it shouldn't matter too much. So perhaps we could be lienient with it.
    (Spelling fail I know)

Also Angela?
    "
    Duckey"? Lmao, I don't think Siggy would be too happy, or Dukey for that matter & *huggle*? Wow Munna I think she likes you.
    That's my off topic edit for the day xD

Oh lol.. I just saw what I did wrong... *fixed*

Sure... We can be lenient with the 500x300.. I mean if it goes slightly over it doesn't make the banner less a banner.... I huggle everyone I like.. :D *huggle*

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I think for verts a 300x450 is good?

Also changed my mind about the concept since too many stocks and effort also needs more joker. :p

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I agree with Dukey in terms of rarer stocks, which is why I never chose to propose this rule.
    However, in this case, I recommend people doing what I do: Just cut out the part of the stock that was actually used in the tag.
    It's harder for people to rip your rare stocks if you only give them 430 x 100 px of it.
    And it still shows what you did to the stock, so if it matters that much to you, (like it does to me) then yeah.
    There's your solution.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I agree with Dukey in terms of rarer stocks, which is why I never chose to propose this rule.
    However, in this case, I recommend people doing what I do: Just cut out the part of the stock that was actually used in the tag.
    It's harder for people to rip your rare stocks if you only give them 430 x 100 px of it.
    And it still shows what you did to the stock, so if it matters that much to you, (like it does to me) then yeah.
    There's your solution.
    That's a fabulous solution... Tho.. How would I put it in words for the first post? I mean how would I say it...

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I'd still say leave it as post stock / render used.

Also my stocks are rarer than anyone elses. ;;

Those not posting stocks should be disqualified straight away, without warning.

Also rosa's is a bit big even for a vert. Looks like a small lp. ;;

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Seems like we'll need to make a separate set of rules for vertical banners.

Also, vV, you forgot your stock.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Ermm.. Cant we give people a chance.. I mean someone could PM them to post their stock.. I mean I'd be happy to do it.. It just seams so extreme to throw them out if they don't post the stock...

But if they refuse then maybe...

As for the ones that haven't posted stock this week.. I mean the rules are new maybe they didn't read the first post.. Maybe for next week we should add "Updated rules" into the title

What suggestion do you have for vertical banners Gummy...?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back