• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

|~ Disease Deoxys - [T] ~| [Best Rookie 1Q '12]

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
  • Gale Witt
    Unknown Plains

His infected partner made a slight smirk at his question. "Ah, but you forget that Mew can also hide in plain sight and yet not be seen. Legendaries have powers much greater than ours Scizor. He could be right in front of us and we wouldn't even know it. Just keep your eyes open. Look specifically for a shadow where there shouldn't be one and you should be good," the psychic replied. Instead of getting angry for being outsmarted, Gale actually found himself more inspired. The Hypno was indeed wiser than him. He didn't realize why he couldn't have thought of something so obvious as that.

Distant cries began to flood in from a direction in the plains. Dust and dirt rose in clouds far from the two, amazingly powerful psychic attacks being shot out at infected from afar. The Hypno dashed ahead right away, yelling out various commands. Gale also rushed, locking his eyesight on only the target. Infected pokemon were being tossed and crushed by the little pokemon despite their amplified powers. Some were using their own psychic power again the legendary, but Gale was more clever than that. He couldn't put it to sleep, paralyze it or anything else. But he could knock it out temporarily if all else failed.

He was far away, and despite running there was no breeze for him to catch to get him there anytime soon. "If that little devil can hide, watch me hide better." Slowly sinking into the tall grass, the Scizor knelt down out of view and linked both claws together. There was no chance that the legendary could focus him when it was already so occupied fighting the rest of Deoxys' servants. Charging his HyperBeam, he stayed quiet and allowed his energy and strength to compile together into a hit that would end the fight the moment he shot it.

His breathe became harsher and deeper, getting a good angle on the psychic as he counted down its doom. "10...9...8..."

Rowigrath

The Only Guy Who Likes Maractus
    Years
  • Raiou
    Unknown Plains​
    Really? Really? I'm too early: most of my "comrades" are still alive... and this Hypno... is he in charge, or am I supposed to follow my own self for now?
    Man, I hate not knowing thi- Raiou perks up as he hears an explosion, closer now. Oh good, Mew's getting closer!
    However, Raiou mentains his cool on the outside. "Hypno, what did you have in mind for me to do?" he asks. "I'm sure my electricity can stun him... or whatever gender it is- or more, and I won't be stupid enough to use attacks he's resistant to... unlike those idiots over there.
    "By the way, do you think the mess we'll have to clean up will be small?" Here, Raiou grins a little crazily. "I certainly hope not. It's no fun, after all!"
    But the Hypno and the Gale never heard his last statement, since they are running towards Mew. Raiou snarls, turning to the Kirlia. "Wait here. If you die and I have to walk back to Mt. Moon, I'll haunt you, even if you are burning in Hell!!"
    With that, he Charges his electrical energy and zooms to his target, hoping to pull off a powerfully charged Volt Tackle. Stun chance: 75%. Power:125. Accuracy... depends.
    He flies by the Scizor from earlier, taking note of his preparation of a Hyper Beam. I'll wait until he fires... or is killed by Mew. Either way is fine; I'm not getting blown away by a Hyper Beam EVER again!
    And so Raiou dodges around various areas, waiting, patiently waiting...​

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Felicie "Number" Schäfer

Cerulean Cape​

Number stopped walking and quietly listened to Axel as he spoke. After he finished speaking, there was an eerie silence, interrupted only by the crack of thunder from above. "… I've got to go save her, Number. I'll… follow you along and tell you what you want to know for as long as you want, but… but please don't make it last too long. I have to go help her out. I hope you understand.." Axel said. His voice sounded so pathetically depressing, almost enough to make Number a bit blue as well. Almost. She turned and looked at him as he summed up his dilemma. "With… with that said though, what do you want to know?"

Number had so many things to ask about now. Like, why did he have so much confidence in a human? All of the humans Number had met - and she'd met a lot - were pretty stupid and didn't know poop from applesauce. Another thing that made her think was why he helped the Infected at times, and fought them at others. Was this all to protect the friend he had lost? Was he fighting them because this friend hated the Infected? Or was she sick? This Axel guy was so contradictory that Number almost didn't know where to begin. Even so, Number knew he couldn't be Infected because his heart and determination were too great. Something, however, was strange here. The way he hesitated when mentioning his friend was rather odd. Number could have asked him about it, but would he tell her what he was hiding? Certainly not. If he had no trouble telling her everything else but wanted to hide this, he wouldn't reveal it all too easily.

"Those aliens did so many bad things to you, but you insist on saving them all. Why?" Number asked. "Could you possibly be Infected? A normal Pokémon would despise the Infected after all those heinous things they did. I didn't think you were Infected before, but now I believe otherwise," Number lied with a voice that sounded as if she was trying very hard to hold back from screaming in his face. Today was just chock-full of lies, wasn't it? Well, yesterday and today. It must have been early morning by now.

"You've answered the question I've wanted to know the most since I joined the Valorans. Considering you might be Infected, I may have to just kill you now and be on my way…" Thunder boomed loudly and the area in the woods was briefly illuminated by lightning, revealing the dark swaying trees around them. "Why did you lie about being Infected, Axel? How do I know you weren't going to Infect me right now before you returned to Mount Moon? I know you just love helping Infected, is this extra special friend Infected as well?!" Number threw herself onto her front feet and attempted to kick Axel down with her back feet. She was going way overboard and she knew it. That's why she wanted to do it. Maybe out of fear he would reveal more secrets than he had planned to before. He had hesitated when he mentioned his friend. Something was up and Number would find a way to make him tell, even if she had to pretend to go against him.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Axel
    Cerulean Cape​

They both kept walking for a little while after Axel had confessed about having to go to Mt. Moon, possibly because Number needed to think of what she wanted to know the most. Meanwhile, Axel's head was filling up with insecurity and fear. Number had no reason to trust him, and she seemed like a Pokémon who didn't take second glances at something, or someone.

"Those aliens did so many bad things to you, but you insist on saving them all. Why? Could you possibly be Infected? A normal Pokémon would despise the Infected after all those heinous things they did. I didn't think you were Infected before, but now I believe otherwise,"

Axel's mood sank even further and he came to a stop, as did Number. The rain continued to drizzle onto them from above and somewhere, another crack of thunder sounded, illuminating the area very faintly. She was starting to think he was infected. Maybe he had told her too much. He should've just gone with her and not told her about Mt. Moon after all. He opened his mouth to respond, but then she spoke again.

"You've answered the question I've wanted to know the most since I joined the Valorans. Considering you might be Infected, I may have to just kill you now and be on my way… Why did you lie about being Infected, Axel? How do I know you weren't going to Infect me right now before you returned to Mount Moon? I know you just love helping Infected, is this extra special friend Infected as well?!"

He didn't even manage to open his mouth as Number's hind leg smacked him in the jaw, sending him wobbling backwards onto his back. He didn't cry out, but instead lay on the ground on his back, staring up at her with a desperate look in his eyes, panting heavily. How was he going to do this? He couldn't keep lying… but if he told her the truth, she might just kill him, then and there…

He shook his head a little and decided. She had helped him out of his captivity, and so she deserved to know the truth. His expression turned from desperate pleading to a more determined, serious mask, taking in a deep breath as he kept laying on the ground, looking up at her. As he spoke, the stutter had gone, having collected all of his courage into what he was about to tell her.

"… Yes she is. But that's not why I… why I spare infected sometimes. –She's- fighting against Deoxys, and she helped me fight the infected Typhlosion in the power plant earlier! We both almost died, and then she was just… taken away, by a Scizor! I couldn't do anything… I… I don't know why he didn't kill me."
    He took a pause to calm his breath down, his ears laying down flat against his head, his expression softening a little as the next memory came crawling back to him.

"… I hate the infected. Just as much as everyone else. They took Daniel… and they took Flight. But even so… when I finally managed to beat the Typhlosion… I… saw something. He turned from… snarling angrily, with those hatefilled eyes, to… to just staring up at me, helplessly… he begged for me to help him. At that moment, I… I realized that the original Pokémon –is- in there. And I… I can't just get myself to kill another Pokémon. I'm not like that! I'm not a murderer! Daniel… Daniel would hate me if I had done something like that."

He swallowed down and looked up at her with a rather proud and dignified expression. Or, as dignified as you can be, being soaking wet. "So there you are. That's the truth. Are you going to kill me, or let me g-"
    Axel cut himself off as a searing pain entered his head, causing him to yell out and fall back onto the ground, his paws lifting to hold his head as several images flashed in front of his eyes. He lay there, tossing his head left and right for a few moments before it subsided and he fell back, his paws landing at his sides, his eyes slowly squinting open as he stared upwards, panting for air, as if he had just run a marathon.

"… N-no… N-number, they… they've…" he began wheezing a little, rolling over on his stomach as he slowly pushed himself onto all four and rather wobbly turned around. For some reason, the sound of the rain and thunder had completely disappeared, although he could still see the raindrops falling, and the flashes of light on the skies. But this was more importantly. He looked at Number with a rather exhausted expression, as if he could go to sleep at any time now.

"I… I saw th-them again. The… infected. In… in Mount Moon. They've… captured a... grey and pink Pokémon. It's… screaming. They strapped it to a… a machine… so many Pokémon screaming... oh Arceus, the screaming…"
    He lowered his head a little, a shiver moving through his spine, lifting his head again to shake it before blinking his eyes a little, looking up again. Number was saying something, but he couldn't hear what. He gave a confused expression and shook his head a little.
    "Number, I… I can't hear you. I can't hear… anything."

And just as he had said that, a human with a handgun crawled out of the undergrowth a little way behind them, his eyes widened as he stared at the two. For a few moments, he was silent before quickly filling his lungs with air and shouting out.
    "I found them! They're over here! They're both over here!"
    He raised his gun and readied to shoot at Axel, whom unfortunately neither couldn't hear, as well as had his back turned.

Last edited:

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
    Years
  • Flight - Normal

Flight's aura of energy slowly dissipated around her, followed by the change of her line-colors from purple to normal green. She wanted to know what had happened to the Raichu and his current location, or the Emolga wouldn't had traveled so far just to find answers. Flight hadn't followed Ness only because she wanted to find cover; she wanted to search for Axel, her long lost friend.

Now where was he?

"Normally, I'd just tell you that he'd be fine 'n all, bu'… when we encountered him, he told his friend, t'Sableye, 'bout how he had been injected with somethin' by Deoxys. 'M sorry, but… it looks like y'friend's infected. 'N lookin' at how big of a will he seemed to have, it ain't gonna take long 'fore he turns if y'ask me." said the Wartortle, striking fear into the Emolga's heart.

"We locked 'im up in one of t'pods back at Bill's House, at t'cape, t'make sure he wouldn't hurt anyone when he turned. If y'hurry back, y'may get some words with him 'fore he's infected f'real. Don't worry, tell t'rest of t'army there that Carol 'n Splash sent y', 'n y'should be good," he finished, leaving Flight frozen with terror.

Axel? Infected?! This couldn't had happened!

"He's going to be a freak...just like me..." Flight murmured, staring into the unknown before glancing at her little hands. They were all metallic and unreal, "...I need to find him. I have to."

Anxiously, she poked the Wartortle and grabbed his attention, a sense of discomfort spreading across her body, "Please tell me where he is. I need to find him NOW."

Flight had no idea that Axel had been immune to the infection...nor the fact that he had already escaped from the house.

'I don't know where this would take me...but it's something I have to do.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Splash
    Underground Tunnel Exit​

"He's going to be a freak...just like me... I need to find him. I have to."

Splash frowned to himself as they began walking up the stairs towards the dark night outside, rain and thunder promised by the sounds of it. As Ness, Flight and he were walking at the very back, there were already a couple of humans and Pokémon that had made it outside.
    Still, the happiness of possibly teaming up with Misty, his trainer, wasn't quite enough to overshadow the fact that the Emolga seemed completely heartbroken over her friend's infection. This was exactly why Splash didn't like giving bad news to people, but he simply kept on walking up the stairs.

That is, until Flight poked his side and gave his arm a little tug. He blinked in surprise and turned around with raised brows, stopping dead in his tracks on the stairs. He didn't particularly care for the infected, or for what they had done, but aside from her appearance and the fact that she nearly knocked out the Aggron earlier… she didn't seem infected at all.

"Please tell me where he is. I need to find him NOW."

"A'ight, a'ight, hold y'horses… c'mon, follow me outside." He gave a little wave for both her and Ness to follow him and they went along with the group up the remainder of the stairs and out into the threatening skyline, covered in dark clouds, every now and then illuminated by a flash of lightning.
    Splash turned around, folded his arms across his chest and sighed quietly. "As I said, I ain't sure if y'can make it back 'fore he turns… but he's at Bill's house, at t'cape." He lifted an arm and pointed north and very slightly east.

"I dunno if you'll be bringin' y'buddy here, but if y'fly, y'might get there quicker, though 's risky what with t'lightnin' 'n all. Go north, to Cerulean. There's a small road movin' up along a river. Follow that, 'n you'll get straight t'Bill's house, in a big clearing in t'forest up north of Cerulean, can't miss it. Y'friend's in there."

He stood quietly for a few moments before speaking again. "… 'N if you do go, which I'd like t'know if y'are so I can tell t'others 'n get back to 'em, then remember t'tell them that Splash 'n Carol sent y'. They won't shoot y'then. Hopefully."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Somnus
    Unknown Plains​

Mew grabbed another infected with his mind and snapped its neck quite easily. Now the others were busy shooting flames and all other kinds of attacks and most of them were extremely powered up thanks to Deoxy's gift. It looked like Mew was indeed getting weakened by the attacks, but that didn't stop the pink pokemon as he managed to strangle two more infected. Somnus just watched silently. Once Mew was weak enough he would come in and it would all be over. Mew eventually drifted down onto the ground, too tired to continue levitating. Just a few more hits and they could claim victory!

Somnus couldn't be any more pleased. Those that had died deserved it and those that were alive would reap the rewards for their labor. Somnus chuckled in delight. This would be a fine day indeed.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
  • Gale Witt
    Unknown Plains

"2...1...0"
    Launching out probably the largest HyperBeam ever, a quick, long ray of blinding white energy flew out of his claws with such power his legs sunk into the ground to hold himself steady. It was about half a second until it reached the legendary, smacking it dead-on with flashing orange and green light, sending it skipping across the ground with such impact. A few infected looked astonished, others completely horrified. He wondered why, until the possibility he had just killed the pokemon flew into his mind.

Racing to the location of the psychic, he ran aside all the other aliens who were curious as to what had just happened. A trail of kicked-up dirt lead them to the body. The Mew's fur was rough, slightly bloody and otherwise it looked very injured. It also didn't look to be moving. After a few intense seconds, however, it's breathe continued. Gale realized his action may have been foolish and stupid, but at least the job was done correctly. He hadn't just ruined his life by killing the pink thing after all.

Looking back to where the fight had begun, several infected laid down on the blood-splattered ground, some of the bodies missing various limbs. Others were being helped back to their feet.

His headache from earlier came back to reward him for his success.

Rowigrath

The Only Guy Who Likes Maractus
    Years
  • Raiou: Unknown Plains​
    "Oh come ON!!!" Raiou snarls. He stops dashing around and runs to the fallen Mew, no longer charging up his Volt Tackle. "I didn't even get a chance to fight!"
    The Mew mews faintly to him; if Raiou could understand it, he would have known it meant "Help... me..."
    But then again, Raiou probably wouldn't of helped it anyways. His sister comes first.
    Raiou looks down at it. Pitiful, really. It stood no chance... Then again, not very many do stand a chance against a Hyper Beam, let alone one of that size and power. He looks at the Scizor, who was just as surprised as he was. The Master must have increased everyone's various abilities to a monstrous extent... mine too, even.
    He wraps his tail around the Mew, tightly, but not enough to injure it. Then he walks over to the Scizor and helps him steady himself. "Nice job. Risky, but it worked. Here." Raiou hands him the Mew. "You did most of the work. Take the credit."
    I feel useless... This is not going to get me any closer to seeing Marie again... Raiou snarls quietly and walks away...​

|Equinox|

Years
  • Flight - Normal

A loud boom of thunder crashed into the tunnel and into Flight's ears. Then there was a flash of lightning - a flash of white appearing at the exit of the tunnel and a little crackle as if a tree had been hit by the blast. Half-expecting that to happen, it was soon proven that her hypothesis had been correct as a large crash shook the grounds from above just as some leaves drifted into the dark corridors. The weather had been worsening all day, and Flight hesitated for a moment, but she knew that Axel couldn't wait any longer; the infection could strike anytime. Heck, it could already had.

"As I said, I ain't sure if y'can make it back 'fore he turns… but he's at Bill's house, at t'cape." the Wartortle brought her to the end of the tunnel, where the black skies played a cacophony of howling winds. He then pointed at a direction, and Flight's eyes followed his fingers, staring at the same angle.

"I dunno if you'll be bringin' y'buddy here, but if y'fly, y'might get there quicker, though 's risky what with t'lightnin' 'n all. Go north, to Cerulean. There's a small road movin' up along a river. Follow that, 'n you'll get straight t'Bill's house, in a big clearing in t'forest up north of Cerulean, can't miss it. Y'friend's in there."

He then stood quietly for a few moments before speaking again. "… 'N if you do go, which I'd like t'know if y'are so I can tell t'others 'n get back to 'em, then remember t'tell them that Splash 'n Carol sent y'. They won't shoot y'then. Hopefully."

"Until now I...still don't know your name," Flight blinked, asking the question despite knowing that it wasn't the best time to do so; this Wartortle might be able to help her again in the future, or maybe she could help him back in return, "We can keep in touch...or we can at least recognize each other if we meet again."

"And thanks for the guidance. And indeed, I'll be going; I wouldn't give up half-way. I'll go to the other side of the tunnel. That way I don't have to fly under the harsh typhoons out there. At least one part of the trip would be safer," Flight continued, looking at Ness who had been standing behind her, "Ness, would you want to come with me? Or would you rather stay with the humans? I personally think you should pick the latter (not really xD)...you'll be safe. Plus, you shouldn't be with an infected like me. I can turn any time...into something much, much worse."

NightOfRemorse

Years

Cerulean Cape​

Axel wobbled backwards and landed on his back, panting heavily with a desperate look in his eyes as he stared up at Number. Number loomed over him and stared back intently, waiting to see if he would say anything. Axel's face suddenly hardened and looked more determined than fearful.

"… Yes she is. But that's not why I… why I spare infected sometimes. –She's- fighting against Deoxys, and she helped me fight the infected Typhlosion in the power plant earlier! We both almost died, and then she was just… taken away, by a Scizor! I couldn't do anything… I… I don't know why he didn't kill me," Axel replied. Number's eyes widened slightly and she looked forward at the thick trees.

Axel's answer had been what Number was fearing, but she didn't want to attack him further for cooperating. That would only discourage him from revealing more. Number swallowed hard and tried to hold in her anger. She didn't care if the Infected said they were trying to fight Deoxys. They were already Infected and Deoxy's mind was imbedded into them; their soul gone whether they liked it or not. This was Axel's friend, but Number wouldn't gain a soft spot for her just because of that. Number refused to use that stupid term, A friend of Axel's is a friend of mine. No.

Axel continued speaking and Number looked down at him again. She disagreed with him yet again. Of course the Typhlosion looked at him with helpless eyes during a hard time. He knew he was in a fix and the only way to save himself was to play the remorseful bad guy. Pity.

"So there you are. That's the truth. Are you going to kill me, or let me g-" Axel suddenly cut himself off and began to yell, holding his head and thrashing around. Number gasped and stepped back, merely watching as she was ignorant about what to do. She seriously doubted he was suffering like this because of what she had done. Axel stopped thrashing and opened his eyes, staring up at the sky. "… N-no… N-number, they… they've…" Axel wheezed, rolled over on his stomach and then dizzily turned to look at Number.

"I… I saw th-them again. The… infected. In… in Mount Moon. They've… captured a... grey and pink Pokémon. It's… screaming. They strapped it to a… a machine… so many Pokémon screaming... oh Arceus, the screaming…" Number blinked and finally spoke up. "Axel? Axel! I'm- I'm not going to kill you!" She stepped closer to him. "Number, I… I can't hear you. I can't hear… anything," Axel said. "Axel!" Number exclaimed as if he would magically regain his hearing.

"I promise I won't kill you as long as you get me my-"
    Number was promptly cut off at the sound of a voice shouting. "I found them! They're over here! They're both over here!" The man raised his gun at Axel. Number's eyes widened and she ran in front of him. "Don't kill him!" she exclaimed. "He… has something that needs to be done if we want the Infection to end. More importantly, he has something to live for. He isn't Infected. I am. Kill me before I kill you," Number said apathetically. She would have turned and nudged Axel to get him to run away, but she stayed in place in case the man still tried to shoot Axel.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Axel
    Cerulean Cape​

Number looked like she was shouting at him, but Axel couldn't do anything but furrow his brows at her in confusion. The only thing he heard was a faint buzzing, which… to be fair, wasn't the best of timing, considering he had just asked her if she was going to kill him for helping not just one, but three infected in total.

He opened his mouth, ready to try and communicate with her again, as Number suddenly darted forwards, Axel's heart leaping into his throat as he thought she might attack him, despite her worried expression. He lifted his arms to cover his face, but blinked as she ran around him. He quickly spun around to ask her what the heck she was doing, but just as he turned, he was staring into the barrel of a pistol, his eyes widening with fear.

Once again, he heard the faint buzzing, sounding more like a distant but somehow close fly zooming around his ear as Number shouted something at the human. Whatever she had said, it had gotten the human to look both fearful and confused, although the fearfulness was there before as well. Axel slowly lowered himself onto all four and began backing away from the scene, his instincts taking over and telling him to run for dear life. If one human was here, the others would be along soon.

Mid-step, however, he stopped, staring at Number. Whatever she had done, she had prevented the man from shooting him, and –she- wasn't moving anywhere. She had taken unfathomable risks –twice- now, to save him, and he was just going to turn and run with his tail between his legs?
    Axel turned his head to look back into the undergrowth, and then forwards again, the human mouthing out some words he didn't understand.

"… Oh god, she's been infected as well…" the human's eyes widened, his hold of the gun becoming a little more shaky as he moved the pistol's aim from Axel to Number, pulling back the safety as he prepared to shoot her before she attacked him.

Axel's eyes slowly widened as the man turned the gun to point at Number, his heart thumping in his chest. His heart told him one thing and his instincts told him another. Help out Number and possibly die in the process, or flee and live to help Flight and Daniel.
    … Daniel. He wouldn't have wanted him to run away. A flash of memories came flooding back to him in a couple of images of him and Daniel walking along a grassy road, both of them seeming rather pleased with themselves. "You did really great in the battle back there, Axel, I'm proud of you!" "Rai!"
    "Haha, yeah. Just remember… do your best and no one can ask you to do anymore than that. No need to strive for what you can't attain, right?" "Chu?" Axel looked up at him with a confused look in his eyes.
    Daniel simply laughed it off and shook his head with a grin. "I'll explain it to you later, it's just something my dad used to tell me. I'll watch your back if you'll watch mine, yeah?" Axel's lips parted in a wide smile as he nodded. "Rai ch!"

Snapping back to reality, the man was pulling back the safety, readying himself to fire at Number. Another image of Daniel rushed through his mind, and this time, he grit his teeth for a moment before running forwards and come to a sliding stop next to Number, immediately sending out a faint jolt of electricity, not wanting to hurt the man. The small electric shock hit his hand and he let out a squeal as he dropped the pistol, which promptly landed on the ground, firing a shot into the air with a deafening 'Bang'.

Axel winced a little. He was able to hear –that-, at least. He quickly turned to Number and nudged her with his head quickly, as if asking her to follow him. "C-come on! We've got to get out of here!" turning around, he made a mad dash for the woods, the man still rubbing his hand with a whimper, thought it didn't take him long to pick up his pistol again. Axel was simply hoping that Number had done as he had said and followed him into the undergrowth and beyond.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Ness snapped out of his trance just in time to hear Splash finish what he was saying. "…It looks like y'friend's infected. 'N lookin' at how big of a will he seemed to have, it ain't gonna take long 'fore he turns if y'ask me." He said.

Ah, Ness thought. This may complicate matters a little.

"We locked 'im up in one of t'pods back at Bill's House, at t'cape, t'make sure he wouldn't hurt anyone when he turned. If y'hurry back, y'may get some words with him 'fore he's infected f'real. Don't worry, tell t'rest of t'army there that Carol 'n Splash sent y', 'n y'should be good," he finished, leaving Flight frozen with terror.

She muttered to herself as Ness looked on, shocked. She poked Splash and tugged at his arm.

"Please tell me where he is. I need to find him NOW." Her voice had desperation in it that no one could hope to match.

"A'ight, a'ight, hold y'horses… c'mon, follow me outside." The turtle left through the door, motioning for Ness and Flight to follow. Ness flinched as lightning struck.

"As I said, I ain't sure if y'can make it back 'fore he turns… but he's at Bill's house, at t'cape." He pointed, indicating the direction.

What a shame Ness was useless at navigation.

Splash fell silent for a few moments before resuming: "… 'N if you do go, which I'd like t'know if y'are so I can tell t'others 'n get back to 'em, then remember t'tell them that Splash 'n Carol sent y'. They won't shoot y'then. Hopefully."

Flight spoke again. "Until now I...still don't know your name…We can keep in touch...or we can at least recognize each other if we meet again."

"And thanks for the guidance. And indeed, I'll be going; I wouldn't give up half-way. I'll go to the other side of the tunnel. That way I don't have to fly under the harsh typhoons out there. At least one part of the trip would be safer," Flight continued, looking at Ness who had been standing behind her, "Ness, would you want to come with me? Or would you rather stay with the humans? I personally think you should pick the latter...you'll be safe. Plus, you shouldn't be with an infected like me. I can turn any time...into something much, much worse."

"Okay," Ness replied. "First things first. His name is Splash – he told me earlier. Might be handy to remember."

He turned to Splash. "Thanks for all you've done. If we don't meet again, don't waste your time looking for us. We'll have either decided it's not worth it returning, or Flight will've gone crazy and killed or infected me."

"Flight, you do make a good point. It would be safer here, amongst everyone else. But what would I do? I'd just be the supporter, who sits on the sidelines and throws Calm Minds at anyone who needs them. That's… that's not who I am. I'm a fighter, born and raised. What would my trainer think? About all the happenings today? Not once did I get a successful attack in on an enemy. Not once. Do you know how that feels? To live for battle, to have your whole life spent on it, and just come up against two monsters in a row that demean me entirely?"

He paused to catch his breath, and at that moment anyone could see the tenacity radiating from him. The anger.

"And don't you dare play the guilt trip on me. I have only hopes and dreams to rely on if I want to know whether he's safe. You have actual, confirmed news. Axel is worth chasing. And remember what I said back in the clearing? I'll tell you what I said. 'I guess we're in this together, then. I don't just give up on things, you know, so consider yourself stuck with me'. That's what I told you – no, promised you. And that promise still rings true. You're stuck with me, whether you like it or not. And if you fall under Deoxys' command, so be it. I'll beat that damn infection out of you if I have to. You're safer with someone you know, to keep you grounded in reality. As soon as you're alone, Deoxys can get you. I'm not letting that happen."

His eyes blazed with determination.

"Now let's find this Raichu."

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Splash
    Underground Exit​

"First things first. His name is Splash – he told me earlier. Might be handy to remember." The Espeon added, causing Splash to turn his head and glance at him, the Espeon turning to splash in turn.
    "Thanks for all you've done. If we don't meet again, don't waste your time looking for us. We'll have either decided it's not worth it returning, or Flight will've gone crazy and killed or infected me."

Splash furrowed his brows slightly, but then nodded somewhat. " 'S no problem. I don't trust infected, but she helped us out. Could've gotten real nasty back there, 'n I don't like owin' favors."
    He stayed quiet as Ness began talking to Flight, basically declaring that he would stick by her as long as he needed to. Splash simply watched the two for a while, until Ness was done with his speech. Another crack of lightning broke out in the sky, sending black and white images of the world around them onto the ground.

Breaking into a little grin, he lifted a hand and gave Ness' back a friendly little half-pat, half-smack. "I like y'lad. Y'got a good head on y'shoulders. Try not t'lose it." He gave him and Flight a little nod, lifting a hand to give them a lazy, half-salute before turning, hurrying to catch up with the army again, unsure of what to think of the two, but in the end, wishing them well.

He managed to get back to the army within long and got up on two legs again, moving up next to Benny, gesturing him to lean down for Carol not to hear. He wanted the commander to be the first to know what had happened, if anything.
    "Flight 'n Ness, t'two who saved us back in t'tunnel're friends 'f that Raichu back at Bill's place. Figured t'only decent thing t'do would be t'let her go 'n say her g'byes t'him 'fore he goes nuts. Just wanted t'let you know so Carol won't flip t'shit when she finds out 'n starts thinkin' they've deserted.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Somnus
    Unknown Plains​

Somnus came up to the Scizor, "Just what were you thinking? You could have killed him!" He looked down at the Mew, "Still... good job. Now we go back." The Breloom walked over, "Alright everyone come to me. We don't want anyone being left behind."

Benny Larson
    On the way to Vermilion City!​

Benny looked back and smiled at Splash, "Don't worry. I'll tell Carol." He nods to Flight, "Go find your friend. Just make sure to stay out of trouble."

Benny runs up ahead to Carol, "Hey, the Emolga and Espeon are heading off to Bill's House. They're going to find Axel." Carol merely grunted and Benny shrugged. The group continued forward for some time and eventually emerged from the woods onto a path. Carol and the other humans had their guns ready as they moved along. It was a hour later when the group finally came upon Vermilion. Benny had expected the city to be in ruins, but the city was actually flowing. People were bustling about inside and there were police units at charge near the entrances to the city.

A uniformed guard approached them. "Halt! Where are you refugees from?"

Carol shook her head, "We're not refugees, we're an army. We can here from Cerulean. We need to find some volunteers to combat the infected."

The guard sighed, "Look, the military is already on it. Just come inside and have a rest. We have everything under control."

Carol grunted and walked right past the guard with the army following. Benny smiled, "Well, everyone, go and relax." Carol looked around, "We need new supplies then we get out of here." Benny looked at her, "Why leave?" Carol shook her head, "Look at this. So many people. The infected will hit this place hard. I'm going to get supplies." Carol headed off with Benny following.

NightOfRemorse

Years

Cerulean City​

"… Oh god, she's been infected as well…" the human said as his eyes widened and his hold on the gun became shaky. He aimed at Number instead of Axel as he pulled back the safety. Number smiled slightly and stepped closer before she was startled by the sound of Axel sliding to a stop next to her. He shot a faint jolt of electricity at the human's hand, causing him to squeal and drop the gun. So, Number could see he was not angry after what she had done. Not that she didn't trust him, it's just that most people would have been mighty pissed off. The gun fired a shot into the the air with a loud bang upon hitting the ground, causing Number to grit her teeth in pain from the thunderous noise.

Damn, not again. She would surely go completely deaf after a few more of those. A muffled voice said something hastily and then faint steps could be heard, but they only grew fainter. Number looked around and then spotted Axel running away. She assumed he wanted her to follow, so she ran behind him. But she wasn't as fast as he was and so there remained a short distance in between them. After what seemed like hours of running, Number noticed that the ruins of Cerulean could be seen not too far away. They needed to pass through it if they wanted to get anywhere near Vermillion. Number's hearing slowly restored itself, though much quicker than earlier.

"Axel! We have to go through Cerulean!" Number exclaimed, hoping he could at least hear that. Lightning flashed for a brief moment as the rain continued falling hard on their backs. Number suddenly stopped moving for a moment and she looked down in annoyance at the pool of thick mud she had just gotten stuck in. "…How quaint," she said sarcastically as she pulled herself out of it and continued to follow Axel. They soon made it to the edge of the broken city. "Don't worry about how repulsive this place looks. We need to get through it," Number said. Even though she was a big part of the reason the city was permanently lost and hundreds more died, Number found that she couldn't care less. She walked through some puddles and rubble with a deadpan expression as if nothing had just happened back at the cape. A squeaky cry sounded through the wreckage.

"What?" Number asked as she looked toward the sound. There was a tiny Charmander curled under a pile of debris, and it was hugging onto its tail to protect the flame from going out. How it was still alive, Number didn't know. The flame was nearly nonexistent. Number's face looked upset and she looked at Axel. If you didn't know any better, you would think she was worried about the Charmander, when in fact she was worried about whether they would have to take care of the little brat. It wasn't Infected, so whatever happened wouldn't make a difference.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Axel
    Cerulean City​

As Axel continued to run, he occasionally looked behind himself to make sure that Number was following, which she was. He let out a sigh of relief, not wanting her to have died because of him. He deliberately slowed himself down ever so slightly, to prevent her from falling too far behind. The Army was on their way to Vermillion, and the least he could do, would be to help her to the tunnel. He nodded a little to himself at his plan.

"Axel! We have to go through Cerulean!"

Axel blinked a little. This time, it only sounded a little muffled, and he could actually make out what she was saying. He nodded his head a little, clearing his throat to prevent it from squeaking or breaking. "A-alright."
    They came to a little hill and Axel slid down along the wet grass covering it, his fur completely soaking wet by now, his ears drooping slightly. As they arrived at the broken city, he looked around with a faint frown on his lips. This had been where Daniel and him had taken a stand. Not much of a chance of him still being here, though…

Just then, Number seemed to hear something, which caused Axel to look around for the same sound, his hearing still a little wobbly. He followed her along until they found a small Charmander. It can't have been more than a week or two old. The Charmander whimpered and hugged it's tail.
    Axel looked up at Number. She looked like she was thinking about something. Was she worried for the Charmander, or was it something else? Axel didn't really care right now.

"L-listen… we've both been going for a long while without any sleep… it's in the middle of the night, and there are still some intact houses here. I think… I think it'd be best if we took the Charmander and hid away somewhere for the night… your army is probably holding up in Vermillion, and… and if we leave early tomorrow, we should be able to get there before they move on, if they do."
    He glanced towards the Charmander before moving over, sitting down on the wet stones below and grasped onto the debris, holding it down. Gritting his teeth, he used all of his strength to lift the small bit of rubble from the infant's side and roll it to the side with a groan of exhaustion.
    The Charmander squirmed himself free and quickly sat up, pushing himself back against the stones, panting for air while holding his tail closely to his body, staring up at the two with a fearful expression in his eyes.

Axel realized that he hadn't even learned to speak. It was just a child. He glanced at Number, dearly hoping that she would agree, because he couldn't keep going for much longer. He had barely had any sleep for days.

|Equinox|

Years
  • Flight - Normal

To Flight's surprise, Ness replied even quicker than imagined. The Emolga had to admit - she hadn't noticed him too much lately. Maybe that would change.

"Okay," he said, "First things first. His name is Splash – he told me earlier. Might be handy to remember."

Then he turned to Splash, "Thanks for all you've done. If we don't meet again, don't waste your time looking for us. We'll have either decided it's not worth it returning, or Flight will've gone crazy and killed or infected me."

What he said after that made Flight stare at him with awe, looking at him in the eyes in a rather admiringly way. He stood up for himself, doing what's right and what he wanted to do, and Flight admired this side of the Espeon, "Flight, you do make a good point. It would be safer here, amongst everyone else. But what would I do? I'd just be the supporter, who sits on the sidelines and throws Calm Minds at anyone who needs them. That's… that's not who I am. I'm a fighter, born and raised. What would my trainer think? About all the happenings today? Not once did I get a successful attack in on an enemy. Not once. Do you know how that feels? To live for battle, to have your whole life spent on it, and just come up against two monsters in a row that demean me entirely?"

He paused mid way to catch his breath, and Flight could clearly see the tenacity radiating from his body.

"And don't you dare play the guilt trip on me. I have only hopes and dreams to rely on if I want to know whether he's safe. You have actual, confirmed news. Axel is worth chasing. And remember what I said back in the clearing? I'll tell you what I said. 'I guess we're in this together, then. I don't just give up on things, you know, so consider yourself stuck with me'. That's what I told you – no, promised you. And that promise still rings true. You're stuck with me, whether you like it or not. And if you fall under Deoxys' command, so be it. I'll beat that damn infection out of you if I have to. You're safer with someone you know, to keep you grounded in reality. As soon as you're alone, Deoxys can get you. I'm not letting that happen."

His eyes blazed with determination.

"Now let's find this Raichu."

Flight was left speechless on the spot, her eyes wide with surprise. Times she had with Axel flashed before her eyes, followed by more recent activities, where Flight fought and voyaged right beside her new loyal friend. The Emolga's mind was processing what to do, and her heart was even more messier than it had been before. Eventually gratitude and relief took over and she stepped forwards, approaching the standing Espeon and planting a little peck on his cheek as a sign of appreciation.

W-Why did I just do that?

For a second there, the Emolga stared into his eyes blankly, frozen by her own actions. Then with a blush, she gave him a little nod, "Let's find that Raichu," she replied, glancing at the way out, "Let's...?"

...is it possible that I'm starting to like him?

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
  • Gale Witt
    Unknown Plains

A Raichu was the first to touch the legendary, picking it up with its two chubby arms. The pokemon really was hurt, if it couldn't attack someone trying to hold it. Gale's eyes widened a bit in surprise when the electric type handed him the Mew. "Nice job. Risky, but it worked. Here. You did most of the work. Take the credit," the Raichu said. In all truth, Gale didn't want the attention, or to have to carry it back. In fact, just the mere sight of it made his head scream in pain. He didn't even have hands. But he didn't protest.

"Just what were you thinking? You could have killed him!" the Hypno yelled from behind at the Scizor, which almost made Gale drop the legendary. "Still... good job. Now we go back." The Breloom walked over into the center of the crowd, "Alright everyone come to me. We don't want anyone being left behind."

Trying his hardest to hold Mew, he ended up having to try and craddle the pokemon instead of carry it in his claws. Looking at it now, he didn't know how such an adorable pokemon could have killed so many of his comrades, or fight so well in the very outnumbered battle in the first place. But he was happy that the mission was over. Master would enjoy their success, and his possession of Mew was going to change this entire game. He held Mew in one arm and placed a hand on the Teleporter, ready to disappear from the wretchedly beautiful place.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Soon after Ness made his speech, Splash spoke up. "I like y'lad. Y'got a good head on y'shoulders. Try not t'lose it." And with those elegant parting words, he was gone.

Ness turned back to Flight to see her staring at him, awestruck. He didn't exactly expect that kind of reaction – the effect he had been looking for was something more along the lines of motivation. This wasn't getting them anywhere!

Apparently she made up her mind, as she moved towards Ness and… kissed him on the cheek…?

She stepped back and stared at him blankly. He stared back. Then with a blush, she gave him a little nod, "Let's find that Raichu," she answered, glancing at the way out, "Let's...?"

Ness nodded in return. "Come on."

He took off, sprinting down through the Underground Path. Neatly sidestepping the remains of the Aggron, he leapt up the stairs at the other end, and emerged out the other end of the building. The rain was merciless, and within seconds Ness was soaked once again.

"All right, you lead the way, Flight. I'm terrible with directions, so I have no idea where we're going." He said.

It took him a few seconds to notice something was amiss. Something had happened while he was talking… everything was silent.

"Flight, I'm not really an expert on the subject, but… isn't rain supposed to, you know, make noise…?"

He looked up.

The clouds were still as black and vicious as ever, but directly above him was a massive, circular hole in the clouds. Through it, the clear night sky was visible. Something was amiss.

"Hello, Ness."

Ness' happiness was practically radiating off him. He knew that voice.
    "Summer!" He yelled as he turned around. Memories flashed before his eyes. A majestic, golden fox, eyes glowing red, 9 long tails flowing in the wind. A creature of grace and beauty.

None of this stood before him now. What he saw was a sickly orange creature, tails tipped with dead-leaf green, stripped of any wonder that it may have once held.

"Oh… oh no." Ness realised. "NononononononononoNO! NO!" he shouted. "How could you?!"

The once-majestic ninetales standing before him had pure white glowing eyes. In its chest was a gemstone that shone a dangerous purple.

Summer the Ninetales, Ness' comrade and trusted friend, was infected.

"I realised the TRUTH!" She shouted in return. "The master… that is, my new master, not that washed out, poor little human you call a master…"

"You… you take that back!" Ness yelled. "He was… he…"

"He was a loner, a weakling and a freak. He trained us to battle other loners, weaklings and freaks. Deoxys simply wishes to spread his gift with us. Why don't you join us? I see your friend already has…"

The Ninetales launched her attack, a stream of flame interlaced with a swirling vortex of psychic energy. It streamed through the air, heading straight for Ness…

Back