• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disk Read Erorr Occured

TheWicked

Pogi ako!
Years
  • Disk read error occured,press ctrl+alt+del to restart..That's the message that keeps appearing on my laptop.This appeared a little while ago.What happened?
    how can i fix it?Btw iam using vista..

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
    Years
  • probably a chance that your HDD is crashed. Have you tried to start Vista in Safe-Mode?

Years
  • Can you explain exactly what happens please?
    Then we can help you better.
    • Does the error come up before you can log on as you are turning your laptop on?
    • Does it randomly occur?
    • Do you do a certain thing, then it happens?
    If you could answer them, or just take us through it, then it would be a lot clearer for us =]

Years
  • That will be your Hard Drive.
    For some reason, it won't be finding your OS files, maybe.

I think you may need a new hard drive.

See if you can boot it in safe mode, it is a long shot but might as well try it.
    When you turn it on, press F12 or 11. Which ever it says...

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • If you can boot into safe mode with networking, run the Malicious Software Removal Tool in case it's something like Fundo (which can prevent the OS from booting if you remove some of its files). Post the results here.

If that doesn't work, burn UBCD and boot from it (you may need to tell the BIOS to boot from CD), and then run IBM's Drive Fitness Test, which is included (or, if you know your hard drive manufacturer, run their test if it's available and if it checks SMART values). Run the quick test and post the results, but don't run the recovery operations unless you have a Hitachi drive and all it found were a few corrupted sectors.

Last edited:
    Back