• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ditching Janet

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
LMAO, thanks Oni! I know, the colors are harsh, but it makes the story liven up. I will post the next chapter Thursday/ Friday as usual.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
cHAPTER 11; dON'T gO

Dane woke up, like an alarm went off in his head. In less than a minute he was fully dressed. He went in the guest rooms and woke Zara, George, and Kylar?.
"Six thirty A.M. is too early to wake," George complained, as usual.

Dane went in his bathroom and started to brush is teeth.

"I wonder if he?ll try to follow us," Kylar? said with a an angry face.

Zara elbowed him in the stomach. "That?s rude, and he was nice enough to let us sleep here."

George mimicked what she said silently.

"I saw that."

Dane walked out of his bathroom. "Let?s get going."

As they walked out of his mansion, Dane took one final look at it. He sighed and kept walking. They headed into town and saw a big blue building, with a red and silver Pok?Ball at the top. The Pok?mon Center.

As they approached the center, Zara looked at Dane. "Are you ready?"

"You bet!"

They walked in, and gazed around. George pointed to Nurse Joy and they went to talk to her.

"Excuse me, Nurse, I am here to get my starter Pok?mon," Dane said, smiling brightly.

"Okay, come back here with me," Nurse Joy said. They all followed. They walked into what looked like a storage room with a lot of Pok?Balls on shelves. Joy went to a shelve labeled "Starters". "Do you know which Pok?mon you are going to pick?"

"Yes, I do," Dane said, pointing. "That one!"

"A Torchic?" Nurse Joy asked.

"A Torchic?" Zara, George, and Kylar? asked.

"Yes," Dane said, ready to explain. "I figure if I?m going to be catching bug, I need a fire Pok?mon to assist me."

George smiled. "Torchic is the best, hands down!" Zara glared at him.

"Well, here you are, you Torchic." Nurse Joy handed Dane his ball.

Dane smiled happily. George smiled with him. Zara smiled looking at George smile. Kylar? was playing with his rubber band. It flew out of his hand and it the Pok?Balls. A couple when from the shelf. "Sorry," he said.

"Ky, that?s something George would do!" Zara exclaimed.

"Um, I think we?ll go now, thanks!" George said to Nurse Joy. She bent down and started picking up the balls as they left.

When they got outside, Dane released his new Pok?mon.

"Torchic!" Torchic said, looking around.

"Aww!" Dane said, picking it up. "It?s the best! Look, it has pink feathers instead of light orange!"

Zara touched Torchic?s feathers. "They feel beautiful, you are really lucky."

"Thanks."

"Well, I guess this is it, goodbye," Zara said, looking at the ground.

"We?ll miss you," George said, holding out his hand. Dane shook it.

"We?ll see you soon, Dane," Kylar? said.

Dane looked at them all, "I cannot wait to meet up with you all-"

Before Dane could finish, his Torchic got snatched by something that was moving really quickly.

"Torchic!" Dane yelled. He started to run after Torchic and it?s napper, but he was stopped by someone?s hand.

"Where are you going, young man?" Imation asked.

"Who are you?!" Dane asked, frightened.

"That?s Imation, he?s our stalker," George replied.

Imation growled. George grimaced.

"Let go of him!" Kylar? commanded, pushing Imation. Imation shook his head. He let go of Dane and started to strangle Kylar?. Dane, George, and Zara started attacking Imation. Dane kicked, George punched, and Zara slapped Imation?s back.

"AH!" Imation screamed in a high pitched voice. He let go of Kylar? and fell to the ground. Kylar? got up, and sent out his Poochyena.

"Poochyena, go find a Torchic that belongs to Dane!"

George sent out his Taillow. "Follow Poochyena!"

The two Pok?mon went quickly into the forest, searching for te Torchic.

"I?m going to go report you to the police," Zara said to Imation.

"Well, you do that. Let me inform you that if I press this button," Imation showed them a contol, with a big red button in the middle, "you?re Torchic is toast. You see, I told my Zangoose to attach dynamite to your Pok?mon."

Dane wanted to say something, but he couldn?t he knew that if he upset Imation, he might never see his Torchic again.

"You can?t do that!" Zara yelled.

"Oh, yes I can!" Imation pushed the button, and they heard a bang.

"Torchic!" Dane yelled. Then a big cloud of smoke formed, and Imation?s Zangoose, dark and ashy, fell to the ground, with X?s for eyes.

"Zangoose? How could this be?" Imation said, crying.

Then, out of the smoke came Poochyena and Taillow, with Torchic, unharmed.

"Oh my gosh, do you think?" George said looking at Zara. Zara shrugged.

"Torchic, I?m so glad you?re okay!" Dane said, hugging Torchic.

"You guys did great!" Kylar? and Dane said to their Pok?mon.

Sirens blared. Officer Jenny pulled up in her motorcycle. She stepped off, and walked up to Imation.

"You look familiar," Jenny said to Imation. "I have a feeling you have something to do with this..."

"Uh..."

"Yeah, he did," Everyone said.

After they explained to Jenny what happened, and Imation was arrested, Dane walked Zara, George, and Kylar? to a trainer hotel.

"Thanks so much, I?ll miss you!" Dane said, waving.

"Bye!" They replied, waving back.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
cHAPTER 12: tHE eLEVATOR

?Where?s the room service?? George asked, lying on his bed in the hotel. He was channel surfing, the remote in one hand, a soda in the other.

Zara tittered gently. ?George, this is called a ?trainer hotel?, but it?s really a trainer rest stop.? She was in the bathroom, fixing her shoulder-length, icy blue hair.

?So??

?So, it?s not really a hotel.?

George slurped his soda, and pouted. Then he looked around curiously. ?Where?s my brother??

?He went to the exercise room with Poochyena,? Zara replied. Then her eyes lit up. ?I think we should go there too, to have some fun with our Pok?mon.?

George stood up, stretched, and grabbed his Pok?Balls. ?Let?s go.?

Zara and George headed for the elevator. Zara had insisted on taking the stairs to jump start the exercise, but George refused. George pushed the down arrow, and waited for the elevator to arrive. When it opened, George said, ?Ladies first.? Zara rolled her eyes, and pushed George in the elevator. She walked in and picked him up off the floor.

?Which floor is it on?? George asked.

?I believe one,? Zara replied. George pushed the button, and the elevator started to move.

?Don?t you love that feeling?? George asked, smiling hard. Zara looked at him strangely.

The elevator started making strange sounds. ?What was that?? Zara asked.

?I was hoping it was your stomach,? George said nervously.

The elevator stopped abruptly. They grabbed onto the metal grips attached to the walls. They were both panting, and they grabbed onto each other. ?Tell me this isn?t stuck?? Zara said. ?Please tell me??

?This isn?t stuck,? George said, trying to smile. Zara released herself from their mutual grasp, and plopped on the floor.

George pushed the ?OPEN? button repeatedly, but the elevator doors didn?t budge. He banged on the doors.

?I have an idea!? Zara exclaimed.

George?s Torchic used it?s ember attack, and formed a circle of fire on the doors. Zara?s Marshtomp used it?s water gun attack on the ring of fire. Steam arose from the big, dark circle. George?s Taillow rammed the dark circle three times and the burnt circle popped out.

Zara and George recalled their Pok?mon. ?Ladies first,? George said. Zara, then George shimmied their way through the narrow circular hole in the door.

They were still panting, as they lay on the floor. They, were in the lobby on the first floor. Their heads hung back, as they caught their breath. When they opened their eyes, they saw a round guy. They stood up.

?Hello, sir,? Zara said, smiling freakishly.

n

?Did you happen to realize that you destroyed one of my finest elevators?? The tubby guy asked angrily

?Well, if it?s so fine, why did it break down on us?!? George cried.

?Well, um, hmmph!? The guy stuck up his nose and stomped away.

?What?s stuck up his Speedo?? George asked, laughing. He and Zara walked to the exercise room.

Kylar? saw them, and went to greet them. ?So, you decided to join me and Poochyena! Cool.?

?Yeah, we sure did!? Zara said cheerfully. She released Marshtomp from it?s ball.

?Marshtomp, tomp!? Marshtomp cried, as it danced around Zara?s legs. She patted it on the head.

George released Torchic and Taillow. The waddled after him, as he walked towards the treadmill. ?You see, Taillow, this is what you need,? George said, ?a nice walk.?

George got on one treadmill; Taillow and Torchic got on another. George reached over and set their speed. He started to set his own, and a fly flew by. With his free hand, he tried swatting it. It buzzed past his face again, and he swung hard. His speed was still rising, and he starting jogging.

Zara started to jump rope, along with Marshomp. Marshtomp had learned to dance while jumping.

The fly flew on George?s no the face. George growled and slapped himself in the face. Everyone stared at him. His speed was now extremely high, and he was running, trying to grab the fly. His hand slipped, and arms swung every which way, as he flew off the machine, and hit the wall.

Zara and Kylar? rushed to his aid. ?Are you okay?? They asked.

?Okie Dokie Artichokie,? George replied.

Last edited:

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
Thanks a lot. Gosh, I made it to chapter nine in your fanfic, I only have about a million to go, LOL, I like yours too! I should be updating by next monday-thursday, I guess.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
cHAPTER 13: tEAM wORK!

The next morning, after everyone got a necessary amount of rest, the group headed to the gym. The Rustboro City gym. While they were walking, Kylar? read up on the gym leader.

"Says here that the gym leader specializes in rock type Pok?mon," Kylar? stated, flipping through pages in his guide book.

"Darn, I don?t have any Pok?mon that are good against rock types!" George huffed. His head hung down in disappointment. Zara smiled brightly, and held Marshtomp?s Pok?Ball high in the air.

"I?m glad I have a water Pok?mon handy," Zara said, making George feel even worse. She kissed her Pok?Ball, making a smacking sound. George screamed, as if someone was torturing him.

As they approached the gym, the sunlight grew stronger. It was early in the afternoon, and the sun was blazing. George was sweating profusely, and Zara was using her mini-fan. George looked at her angrily. Kylar?, drinking a bottle of Stantler Park Water, handed a bottle to George.

The gym was made out of stone, and the door was....not there. They entered, looking around for the gym leader.

"Wait," Zara said. "Who?s going to battle the gym leader first?"

"Me, duh," George said, continuing his search for the leader.

Someone cleared their throat. The gym was dimly lit, and hard to see in. Zara, George, and Kylar? looked around the gym curiosuly.

"So, I have challengers, eh?" The gym leader said. The lights suddenly switched on, and revealed a woman with long blue hair. "I am Roxanne, gym leader of the Rustboro City gym. I am a rock Pok?mon master, and anyone who wishes to challenge me better beware of my rock hard defense and attack!"

"Hello I?m-" George started.

"Zara, from Littleroot Town!" Zara said, cutting George off.

"And you wish to challenge me?"

"Yeah, and so does my friend George."

George waved kindly at Roxanne.

"Which one of you is going to battle with me first?"

Zara looked at George with her sad puppy eyes. George sighed, and rolled his eyes. Zara giggled, and answered, "I am."

Roxanne walked toward Zara and shook her hand. "Nice to meet you Zara."

"The pleasure is mine."

"Mine, too," Kylar? whispered loudly. Zara gave him a look.

Roxanne walked back to her end of the battlefield, which was mostly dirt, with gravel and boulders scattered everywhere. Zara was ready.

"Each battler may use only one Pok?mon," The referee announced. "Go!"

"Marshtomp, go get?em!" Zara shouted, throwing her Pok?Ball onto the battlefield.

"I choose you, Nosepass!" Roxanne exclaimed, as her rock Pok?mon appeared. It had a dark blue rock body, with a big, red nose.

Zara looked at Marshtomp with a grin. "Marshtomp, Water Gun Attack, now!" Marshtomp opened it?s mouth, and a stream of water shot out at Nosepass.

"Dodge it, Nosepass, and use your Thunderwave attack!" Roxanne commanded. Nosepass move out of the way, bearly avoiding the attack. Nosepass generated a few bolts of lightning from it?s body, hitting Marshtomp. Marshtomp just shook the attack off. "I forgot Marshtomp was also a ground type," Roxanne whispered.

"Marshtomp, use your Mud Shot!" Zara commanded. Marshtomp kicked muddy dirt at Nosepass. Nosepass fell over. "Now, use your Water Gun Attack again!"

Marshtomp shot water at the Nosepass.

"No!" Roxanne cried, running to aid her fainted Pok?mon.

"The Challenger, Zara, has won the battle!" The referee announced.

Zara smiled again, and Kylar? congratulated her. George was in the corner with a nervous look on his face. Roxanne recalled Nosepass, and walked over to Zara.

"Congratulations Zara," Roxanne said, shaking hands with Zara once more. Zara felt something in her hand, and looked at her palm. "That?s the Stone Badge, your prize for defeating me."

"Thank you very much, Roxanne," Zara said, admiring her new badge.

George stood up. "I guess it?s my turn."

"Why don?t you wait until tomorrow. My Pok?mon needs rest, and I?m sure we can both use some training," Roxanne suggested.

George smiled. "That?s just what I wanted to hear."

As soon as they left the gym, George ran into the park. He took out his Pok?balls, and released his Torchic and Taillow.

"I need you two to run up and down this hill," George said firmly to the two. He pointed to a small hill behind the benches. "And...GO!"

Torchic ran quickly up the hill. Taillow took a little more time. Torchic ran back down when Taillow was running up, and they collided.

"This is going to be a long night," George sighed. He started petting both of them. "You guys have to learn team work."

The next morning, bright and early, George and his Pok?mon were at the gym. Zara and Kylar? came to watch the match.

"Oh, so you decided to come, I didn?t think you would," Roxanne giggled, and motioned for George to come onto the battlefield.

"How?s about a double battle?" George asked.

"Sounds great to me," Roxanne agreed, and sent out her Pok?mon. A muscular, gray geodude appeared, along with Nosepass. "Geodude, Rock slide, Nospass use Thunderwave!"

"Torchic use Ember to burn the boulders, Taillow use Gust to slow the boulders down!" The boulders caught fire from Torchic?s Ember. Taillow flapped it?s wings to create a gust, that encased the big, burning rocks. The Thunderwave got caught in the gust, too.

"This is going to be a tough one," Roxanne said under her breath. "Both of you, use Rock Throw!"

Torchic hopped on Taillow?s back, and Taillow managed to fly, dodging the rocks.

"Torchic use Ember!" Torchic spewed embers from it?s beak, while still on Taillow?s back. Little flames began to spread. "Taillow, use gust to spread the fire!" Taillow flapped it?s wings sending winds everywhere. The gust made the fire spread, and it surrounded Roxanne?s Pok?mon.

"Um... Nosepass get on Geodude?s...back, and get out of those flames!" Roxanne ordered desperately.

Geodude?s jaw dropped as Nosepass tried climbing on top of it. Nosepass was too heavy, and the Pok?mon dropped. The got burned, and fainted.

"Yes!" George cried.

"The Challenger, George, has won the battle!" The referee announced.

George ran to hug, and congratulate his Pok?mon. Roxanne recalled her Pok?mon. She walked up to George, smiling.

"Why are you smiling?" George asked.

"I am happy for you," Roxanne told him. "Yesterday, looking at your face, I didn?t think you could do it. But, you surpassed my expectations, and defeated me. You really deserve this." Roxanne handed him the Stone Badge.

"Wow, thanks!" George said, staring happily at his new badge.

"Congratulations!" Roxanne said, shaking his hand.

"I couldn?t have done it without my buddies," George said, smiling gratefully at Torchic and Taillow. They returned the smile.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
cHAPTER 14: gO hOME, iMATION!

After defeating gym leader Roxanne, George and gang started traveling north, to the northern gate of Rustboro.

"Today is such a good day!" George exclaimed. He was smiling, a big, toothy smile. "I am so proud of myself! Are you guys proud of me?"

"uh...sure," Kylar? replied, disgusted by George's pride.

"I'm glad I'm not a guy, and I won't be answerign that," Zara said, giggling. "Oh, I kill myself..."

George shook his head, but kept smiling. Then, in the close distance, a confrontation broke his happy streak. "Look!"

"Oh, gosh!" Zara cried. They ran to see what was happening.

"Stop it, you crook!" A round guy ordered, with no success.

Zara, George, and Kylar? watched, as the thief ran away into the horizon. The man, the round man, stood in his place, sighing heavily. George moved closer to the man.

"What's happening?" George asked, putting his open hand on the man's shoulder.

"That guy, he...he stole my goods," said the heavy man.

Kylar? and Zara exchanged simliar looks, and they nodded, running off into the same direction the the thief.

"Wait up!" George cried, trying to catch up with them. "Don't worry, we'll get your goods!"

Soon after running, they reached a dead end, the Rusturf Tunnel. Kylar? examined the surroundings. "Looks like he could be hiding anywhere."

"I know," Zara agreed. "Should we go in this tunnel?"

George finally caught up with. He was panting and sweating. "Where are we?" He asked.

"Um, I think we're in Route 116," Kylar? replied. He took a look inside the tunnel. It was very foggy. He sighed. "Let's go."

One by one, Zara, George, and Kylar? entered the cave, trying not to wake any wild Zubat.

"I can't see anything," Zara said. She felt around to make sure everyone was there.

"Zara, stop," George said, giggling a bit.

"Zara, I'm here, you can stop," Kylar? told her.

"Yeah, Zara stop!" Someone said. Everyone froze. All of a sudden a gust blew the fog away.

"Thanks, Taillow," George said to to his Pok?mon. After the fog cleared, Imation appeared, frown on his face. George groaned. "Didn't we send you to jail?!"

"My boss bailed me out, not like that's any of you business though," Imation replied, now smiling. "Now how many people can say their boss bailed them out of jail?"

While Imation went on ranting, Kylar? noticed a sack, hanging half-way out of Imation's pocket. Hmm..., Kylar? thought. Then, his Poochyena appeared. "Poochyena, use Bite to get that sack out of Imation's pocket!"

"Ruff!" Poochyena growled, as it leaped in the air, retreiving the sack.

"Give it back, you mutt!" Imation yelled. He leaned in, trying to snatch the sack. Poochyena barked, and tried to bite him.

"Poochyena, use Roar!" Poochyena roared loudly, and fiercely at Imation, causing him to turn blue with fright. He fleed out of the tunnel. "Good job, Poochyena!"

After retreiving the goods, the gang headed back to the northern gates, looking for the tubby man.

"Oh, thank you so much, youngsters!" The man said when Kylar? handed him the sack.

"No problem."

"come with me please,' the man ordered. Kylar? shrugged, and followed him, as well as Zara and George. The man led them to very big building in Rustboro.

The man held the door for the three, and then stepped in, sitting down. The buoding was a nice little quaint, red building, with flower pots everywhere. Zara looked around in awe. "How pretty."

"May I ask a another favor of you?" The man asked.

"Um, sure," Zara replied.

"Well, first of all, my name is Devon," Devfon said, "and I was wondering if you could take this sack to a man named Capt. Stern of Slateport City?"

Zara, George, and Kylar? looked at each other, agreeing on an answer. "Yes, of course!" George said happily. Devon smiled an appreciative smile, and shook each one of their hands.

Right before they were about to leave Devon Corporation, Kylar? stopped in the doorway abruptly. "Excuse me, Devon," he said. "I noticed there were rocks blocking an exit to Verdanturf Town int he tunnel. How are we supposed to get to the next city?"

"Well, there's this friend of mine..."

Last edited:

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
cHAPTER 15: oPEN sEA

"Route 104 again?" George whined, holding his stomach. The gang was on their way back to route 104. "Oh my gosh, I?m starved."

Kylar? threw an old, stale sandwich at George. "Well, we have to get to this Mr. Briney guy, so stop whining, since he might have food."

After they trudged their way through the forest, they all began to get a little hungry.

"He better have food, after we walked all this way," Zara grumbled, grasping her side. "I think we passed 50 fast food places, just to pass them for this guy."

Kylar? groaned. "Zara, we?re almost there, no need to complain." He stopped for a second to rest, then fell to the ground.

"Remember, don?t complain," Zara said, laughing.

As soon as Kylar? stood up again, they kept walking slowly toward the shack where Mr. Briney was supposed to reside. Soon they were there, and Kylar? was pounding on the door.

An older man rushed to the door. "Police?!"

"Mr. Briney?" Kylar? asked. The man looked around, frightened by who he thought was a stalker. He started to close the door.

"Devon of Devon Corp sent us," Zara said, before he had a chance to close the door. He started to slowly open the door again.

"Yes, I?m Briney," Mr. Briney answered finally. "Uh, come on in." But before he had the chance to close the door, a tiny, white and blue bird Pok?mon swiftly escaped.

"What was that?" Zara asked.

"Peeko!!!" Mr. Briney cried out, opening the door wide, and chasing after the Pok?mon.

"It?s a Wingull, I had a Wingull plush- I mean, I saw them on TV once," George said, blushing bright red.

Mr. Briney ran around in circles, reaching upward and grasping the air, trying to get his hands on Peeko, the Wngull. "A little help, mates?" Mr. Briney asked, panting.

"Right," George replied. "Come on Taillow!"

Taillow flew into the air, flapping it?s wings elegantly. It had lost a few pounds, and was looked stronger. "Taii!"

"Taillow, can you help Mr. Briney with his Wingull?" George asked. Taillow nodded, and got to work. It swooped down to where Peeko was flying, and grasped it in it?s talons.

"Taiiillow!" Taillow shrieked, while retrieving Peeko. Taillow returned Peeko to Mr. Briney.

Mr. Briney smiled gratefully, and stroked Taillow gently. "Thank you!" He turned to George. "How may I thank you?"

George started to reply, but Kylar? covered his mouth. "That?s sorta why we came here," Kylar? started.

"Yeah, Devon told us you could help us deliver this letter to Slateport City," Zara finished. They waited anxiously for a reply.

"Sure, I love to get out on he sea," Mr. Briney said cheerfully.

"Sea?" Zara asked, shocked.

"Yes, sea, follow me, ARGH!" Mr. Briney said roughly, sounding like a sailor. Zara, George and Kylar? followed him to his dock. "This boat is a bad mother-"

"Shut yo? mouth!" Zara, George, and Kylar? cried before Briney could finish.

"Oh, excuse my french kiddies!" Briney said, blushing. He explained how he spent years on the sea with all his sailor buddies.

"Okay, whatever, but do you have any games or things on this boat?" George asked, impatiently.

Briney smiled. "No, but I do have jet skis."

A smile came across George?s face. "Jet skis!"

"No, George!" Zara and Kylar? said, before he got any ideas.

Briney laughed hardily. "All aboard please!"

The small boat was painted white and blue. It had a bench at the back of the boat, and in the middle was a see-through glass floor, where the sea-life was visible.

"Oh, look!" Zara exclaimed. "Magikarp!"

"Big whoop-de-do!" George said sarcastically, waving his hands in the air with fake enthusiasm. Zara slapped him in the back of the head. "Ow!"

"I happen to dig Magikarp," Zara said, hiding her blush face with her hands.

"Dig? Who says that anymore?" George asked, laughing hysterically.

"Greg Brady?" Kylar? asked, laughing along with George. Zara growled and slapped both of them in the back of the head.

She stood up, and turned around to look at the water.

"Don?t fall in!" George warned, still laughing.

Zara stared at the pretty, blue water, peacefully. One of her Pok?balls fell in. "Oh, gosh!" She tried reaching in for the empty Pok?ball, but it popped up back in her face, knocking her onto the class floor. She got up, embarrassed, dusting herself off. "How?d that happen?"

"Well, like newton?s law said, ?for every action, there?s an equal and opposite reaction?," George said. "At least you didn?t fall out of the boat."

"No, I mean how?d the ball pop up out of the water, straight at me?" Zara explained. She looked at the Pok?ball curiously.

"That usually happens whenever you catch a Pok?mon," Kylar? told her.

They all gasped, except Briney, who was huming a showtune, steering the boat.

Zara threw her Pok?ball on the floor, backing away. A red Magikarp appeared on the floor of the boat, flopping around, gasping for air.

"Oh, I got my hopes up for nothing," George complained, rolling his eyes.

"Yay!" Zara cheered, hugging her dry Magikarp. "Isn?t it the cutest?!"

George and Kylar? exchanged looks, holding back laughter.

"Zara, your cutie is gonna die if you don?t put in the Pok?ball!" Kylar? warned her. She said oh, and quickly recalled her new Pok?mon.

"We?re almost in Dewford Island!" Mr. Briney announced.

"Dewford Island?!" Zara, George, and Kylar? asked, surprised.

"I thought we were going to slateport..." Kylar? commented.

"Before we can go there, we have to make a pit stop, in Dewford!"

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
(I'm running out of colors, so I'm gonna start using the same on soon, lol)

cHAPTER 16: sURVIVOR

Zara, George, and Kylar? gazed at all the trainers, frolicking in their bathing suits. Most of them were with a group of friends, and Pok?mon. Some of them were doing tricks in the water. They seem really talented, Zara thought to herself. Before they got a chance to continue observing the water trainers, Mr. Briney had sped off, heading south, to Dewford Town.

At one point during the ride, George felt a bit seasick. Briney gave him an old, rusty bucket, just incase he felt the need to let go of his lunch, that he finally managed to get, once the boat left the dock. Zara and Kylar? both moved as far away from George are possible, as he leaned his pale head into the bucket, like a bird with it?s head buried in the sand.

Briney soon tired out, and set the boat to auto-drive. He pull a lawn chair from a his storage area, unfolded it, and plopped down, sighing. Peeko perched itself on his shoulder. His eyes closed, slowly, as he dozed off for a quick cat nap. Zara and Kylar? exchanged amused looks, while George was sleep himself, head still in bucket.

All was good. Everyone was relaxed. Zara stared straight ahead, off into the horizon. The sun was still shining brightly in the sky. Then the sun started to fade out, the light was being blocked. What the...Zara thought, annoyed by the sudden darkness. She looked closely, and realized there was a little island that was blocking the sunlight. She jumped up from the bench, alarmed, running to Mr. Briney. She tapped his shoulder, the one Peeko wasn?t sleeping on.

"Yes, what?s the problem?" Briney asked, still partially sleep.

Zara was speechless, so she pointed to the big piece of land the were about to crash into. His eyes widened, as he jumped out of his lawn chair, racing to the boat?s steering wheel. He quickly started maneuvering the wheel, trying to avoid contacts with the island. Kylar? woke up, looking around, frightened. George woke up, banging his head against the rusty bucket, vomiting finally.

"Eww..." Zara said, holding her stomach. She focused her attention on the island again. Briney was persistent in trying not to hit the land, but his swerving and swaying was too late. They hit the shore, with big boulders scraping against the tiny boat. All four of the passengers went flying onto the sand with a thump. They all groaned and moaned with pain.

Briney took a look at his boat, and quickly turned his head in denial. Zara shook her head in astonishment, staring at the wrecked boat. It had abrasions, dents, and hollow holes. It was badly bruised from the accident. George whined. "Don?t tell me we?re stranded on this island like on Survivor!"

"Fine, I won?t tell you," Zara said, still staring at the boat. She had a feeling this wasn?t the island they were supposed to be at, but she remained quiet. She knew that their chances of going anywhere were screwed. Kylar? asked Briney what they were going to do, and he shrugged, with a thoughtful look on his blushing face. Then, Zara got an idea. "I do have two water Pok?mon!"

George gave her a doubtful look. She scowled at him before he had a chance to give any snide remarks. She grabbed her two Pok?balls from her waist, and threw them into the air, with a hopeful smile on her face. Out came her Marshtomp and Magikarp.

"With my magnificent Marshtomp, and magical Magikarp," Zara said happily, "and of course Peeko, we?ll be able to get to Dewford in no time at all!"

George fell down laughing, grasping his stomach. Even Kylar? snickered. Zara looked at them angrily. Her Magikarp flopped around, chanting it?s name, while Marshtomp stood in it?s place, posing. She walked away from them, searching the island for certain natural items.

"Where are you going, Zara?" Kylar? asked.

She didn?t answer, just motioned for them to follow. They all did. On her walk, she stopped at all of the trees, and picked a few branches, sticking them between her arm and side. She also picked long, durable vines, and hung them around her neck, like a python. George made a joke, calling her nature girl, and she threw a twig at him, as if it were a dart, aiming for his forhead. He cried out in pain.

She made her way back to where they landed, with all of her natural supplies. Kylar? asked her what she was planning to do what them. George started to comment, but shut up before he got darted again.

"We?re building a raft to get us out of here," Zara explained. "You don?t help, you don?t leave."

Kylar? shrugged. "Fair enough."

Zara started assembling the tree branches, weaving them together like wicker baskets, using the vines to keep them in place. Kylar? helped her out with that. Briney volunteered to get extra branches, and vines for the raft. George?s job was paddles and oars to propel the raft towards Dewford.

After an hour and a half, the raft, and oars were completed. The grouped high fived each other.

"One more thing. We?re still going to use our Pok?mon," Zara announced. "The flying types can help pull the raft, while attached by vines, as well as the water Pok?mon."

They smiled, agreeing with her idea. As soon as the Pok?mon were wrapped in the vines that were attached to the front of the raft, Zara, George, Kylar?, and Mr. Briney got on the raft. It was a bit wobbly, but they all managed to stay on. Before boarded, George retrieved his rusty vomit bucket, just in case.

"Ok, let?s get going guys," Zara said, started to paddle. The Pok?mon started pulling. They were moving at a decent speed. From the front of the raft, they head a gurgling sound. "What?s that?" George, closest to the front, checked to see what was going on.

"Oh, your Magikarp is drowning, nothing much," He said, being serious. Zara gasped, leaped up, and recalled her drowning Pok?mon. She sat back down, panting.

It took them an hour before the finally reached Dewford Town. By the time they arrived, George was holding his self, squirming. He had to go to bathroom badly. Kylar? told him to suck it up, since he was almost in Dewford.

"Tell that to someone who cares, Oprah," George replied, leaping off the raft, into the neck high water that was about five yards away from the dock. He swam to the dock, looking like the drowning Magikarp, and leaped out of the water, onto the dock. He ran to nearest bush, and relieved himself. Not much longer, the rest of the group arrived in town, recalling their Pok?mon.

"Sorry for all the trouble we put you through, Mr. Briney," Zara apologized. "Thanks for helping us."

"Please, Zara, don?t thank me," Briney replied, shaking her hand. "It was my fault we crashed, and without you we might still be stranded on that little island."

Kylar? and George agreed, patting Zara on the shoulder, she quickly removed George?s unsensitized hand from her clothes, and smiled. "Well, thank you, guys..."

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Great story, I was too lazy to read it before my stories, :laugh:, I like it, it's really good! ;)

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
Thank you a lot. I am not sure of my next update. I'm going out of town on Friday, so my story my disappear into the graveyard for a bit.

Back