• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Ditto Egg Group

Years
  • Simple question: Will a pokemon that is part of the ditto egg group be able to breed with both genders if it itself has a gender, or does a ditto egg group pokemon *have* to be genderless?

I am working on a complete replacement romhack, which removes all original pokemon, and for flavor reasons, I wanted a 100% female species to breed like ditto. Does just setting the egg group to "Ditto" allow this?

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I'm guessing any gender would work the same as genderless if it's in the Ditto egg group, but you could always try and see for yourself.

Years
  • I do plan to try it out, but my save file is sort of way too far away from the daycare to do so ^_^'

I'm hacking as I go, and so was just hoping to get a definitive answer now, so I didn't have to worry about it more later.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    You could just place a warp straight to the day care and a quick givepokemon script for the two pokémon you want to test. I know it's quicker and more convenient to ask here and get an answer, but since I don't think many have actually tried what you're asking, trying it out yourself would be your best option.

Years
  • I was hoping someone here'd know, but you're right, it's probably not a common thing to do. I'll consider scripting a warp point, thanks for the advice.

Years
  • For anyone curious to know, yes, a pokemon with a gender placed in the Ditto egg group CAN breed with other pokemon of its same gender. I officially did the experiment, and confirmed this.

Back