• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Divine Offering - GT Pokémon Challenge

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    Update 1:

Game: black 2

i decided to start the game with an Snivy (which i shamefully had to check if any of its evolutions had poison typying) named serpy.
    while not much happened on the first routes, i capturated 3 pokemon on the floccesy ranch: a Lilipup named scou, a Azurill named azul and a Riolu named roy.
    after that, i decided to train scou a bit, where he learnt bite, and now is level 10.
    then, i decided to give it a shot at Cheren, which was a bit tougher than i thought, hopefully, i got azurill to defeat its Patrat, becoming worthy, and Snivy to defeat its Lilipup, also becoming worthy.
    now that i have the Basic Badge, some sacrifices had to be done.
    i decided to sacrifice both lilipup and azurill.
    this has been fun so far, cant wait to see whats next!

Sacrifices:
    Azurill
    Lilipup, lvl. 10 with bite (for rule 3).

Badges: 1/8

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Session 4 - to Flannery!

Restrictions:
    - None

My progress:
    Well now that I was done with all my rules, it opened up a lot of opportunity for me to help my teammates. With the help of frame skip, I can do anything! I caught a Numel, Geodude, Whismur, and Minun to plan for helping my teammates.

After an arduous journey through the Hoenn loop through Fallarbor and Meteor Falls, I picked up a TM32 (Double Team) while leaving Numel and Minun in the daycare. Blah blah, fighting Trainers and defeating evil teams. Now I arrive at Flannery.

Here is my team:
    - Camerupt lv35 (Earthquake, Take Down, Focus Energy, Amnesia)
    - Graveler lv27 (Magnitude, Mud Sport, Double Team, Defense Curl)
    - Minun lv34 (Spark, Encore, Charm, Charge)
    - Loudred lv30 (Uproar, Howl, Supersonic, Stomp)

How the fight went:
    - For Numel, Loudred came in and Stomped it.
    - Minun OHKO'd Slugma with Spark.
    - Graveler beat Flannery's Camerupt with Magnitude.
    - Camerupt beat Flannery's Torkoal with Earthquake.

Sacrifices:
    - I sacrifice Camerupt (can learn Explosion in later Gens) to level up Devalue's Damage Inc. rule.
    - I sacrifice Minun (can learn Baton Pass) to level up Devalue's Berserker rule.
    - I sacrifice Graveler (knows only 1 attacking move) to level up Devalue's Battle Frenzy rule.
    - I sacrifice Loudred (Normal-type) to level up Soulzzii's Generosity rule. If that's somehow already removed (I don't know if it's specified in their post), I will remove Count Dracularc's Variety rule.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Started my challenge today, I defeated Roxanne with Treecko and Brawly with Ralts. I'm currently on session 3, Wattson will be next.

Restrictions:
    - You may only use Pokémon who can learn self-healing or HP-draining moves.
    - You may only sacrifice Pokémon for the benefit of three random team members, but not yourself.
    - You may not use Dark, Poison, Ghost, Bug, Fire, or Dragon-type Pokémon.

Sacrifices:
    - None

Years
  • Update time!

I knew my next target was Morty and after reading my new rules, I decided to take my time, make a detour or five, build up a couple of mons to sacrifice and try something ambitious after only being able to sacrifice 1 Pokémon at the first two gyms combined, and then the third leader only having a team of two.

I got my Drowzee up to lv.20+, then I waited till morning and headed all the way back to Dark Cave to find a Teddiursa. There is method in my madness...

I also needed a lv.40 Pokémon that could OHKO a gym leader's healthy Pokémon to lift the last of my Divine Shield rules... hm... The next gym is a great opportunity with a psychic mon, but lv.40 by then would be crazy... or would it?

Abra is a real pain to raise in the early levels, but I still decided to attempt getting one up to lv.40 before Ecruteak in a game famous for poor EXP. Am I insane? Quite possibly.

I also remembered about the Gold Berry I took off my sacrificed Machop. That could very well come into play too ... options!

After eventually getting back to Dark Cave - via Sprout Tower to earn Flash which I'd skipped earlier - I managed to snag myself a Teddiursa before the clock trickled over into daytime.

I then grinded like crazy to get Teddiursa over lv.22 to learn Feint Attack, and then my Abra to become a lv. 40 Kadabra! I used every scrap of land available to me, even open routes I wasn't "supposed" to do until after the gym. I will likely suffer for that later.

I caught Sudowoodo on the way to Ecruteak, because I might need it later, you never know, and I tested out my new team vs Silver in the Burned Tower before heading to the gym.

My team to face Morty consisted of Drowzee holding Machop's Gold Berry, Teddiursa, my seriously over leveled Kadabra, Quilava, and two suicide lead Pinecos equipped with Protect.

I started with Teddiursa who beat Gastly using Feint Attack which has no side effects to lift "Divine Warrior"!

Up next was Pineco for Protect, then a switch to Drowzee who I let get hurt until it ate the Gold Berry. It then beat Haunter to become worthy and lift "Fair Play 2" for the team!

Another Protect switch, and then Kadabra made short work of Morty's healthy Gengar in one hit with Psychic to completely free my team of "Divine Shield 3"

Protect one last time, then Quilava finished the job!

Thanks to my 3 sacrifices - including giving up a lv.40+ Kadabra ;( I am virtually Pokémonless again, so I will have to build up a team once more!

Some souvenir photos including the promised one from the last segment!
    Spoiler:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Update #2 - Nessa

Log
    - Seedot evolved, twice!
    - I got a pair of Galarian Farfetch'd
    - I got the bike and immediately detoured to the Isle of Armor, getting Galarian Slowpoke in the process
    - In the Isle of Armor I got (and boxed) Alolan Meowth and Kantonian Slowpoke
    - I joined the dojo and evolved one of the Galarian Farfetch'd
    - I crafted a Flame Orb from the Cram-o-matic
    - I beat the Slowpokes and got (and boxed) Squirtle
    - I got (and boxed) Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Sandshrew, Bouffalant, Igglybuff, Dedenne, Venipede, Tympole and Alolan Raichu.
    - I also got Alolan Marowak, which I did not box.
    - Got Kantonian Farfetch'd
    - Returned to the mainland
    - Beat up Hop
    - Did the gym mission

vs. Trainer Nessa

- Farfetch'd came in first and dealt with Goldeen without any issues, becoming Worthy
    Alolan Marowak came in to deal with Arrokuda, forcing a burn with Fling (which is a physical move) and subsequently kills it, becoming Worthy.
    Finally Shiftry came in and OHKOd Drednaw, also becoming Worthy

Getting all those Digletts was annoying, but it was worth it to bang up and sacrifice the mascot of the worst team <3
    Really though, the worst part was getting Kantonian Farfetch'd

Sacrifices
    - Farfetch'd (for Time Limits on Twilight Blade)
    - Alolan Marowak (for Heat Up on me)
    - Shiftry (for Power Limits on Twilight Blade)

Already Sacrificed
    - Thievul
    - Pidove

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Defeated Wattson with Makuhita, Grovyle and Pikachu. I'm currently on session 4, Flannery will be next.

Restrictions:
    - You may only sacrifice Pokémon for the benefit of three random team members, but not yourself.

Sacrifices:
    - None

Last edited:
    Years
  • Notable Events:
    The 2 new rules I got are very restricting.
    70+ base speed at a stage where everything is 40-60 and needing to have more than 3 weaknesses when 80% of the pokemon are normal type and the rest is a monotype with few weaknesses.
    The ONLY wild pokemon I can actually use is Woobat.
    I went back to the cave to catch 6 level 11 Woobats, then grinded them to 17 on wild Audinos. This alone took 2 hours and my team still felt a little underleveled, or perhaps Woobat is just that bad.
    Also caught a Cottonee in Pinwheel Forest, just in case I get a Sun Stone somewhere...
    On the plus side I have nothing to afraid of except for the occasional Dark types.
    I got really lucky and encountered a Whimsicott in Rustling Grass. I wasn't aware you can catch them there. It is the perfect addition to my team to handle Dark-types and the recently appearing Ground or Rock types.
    I lost against a random trainer with 3 Basculins when Whimsicott was down and he gave me a hard time even when my team was fully healed. That thing is scary.
    Got an Eviolite in Castelia City, I'm really happy with that.
    Went ahead to Route 4 to grind my team to 21 before the gym, realy need that Air Cutter.
    My Woobats refuse to evolve despite all that walking and grinding, so I take them to the massage lady to give a boost to their friendship. Two of them evolves into Swoobats.

Gym Battle:
    Leading with (what a surprise!) a Woobat Air Cutter to massacre Burgh's Whirlipede.
    Switching to Swoobat and using its sheer power to overcome its rock weakness and destroy their Dwebble.
    Sending in Whimsicott as my last. Leavanny is pretty annoying with its Struggle Bug so at first I'm loosing the matchup despite Gust being x4 effective.
    But I do have a bunch of Woobats in the back to sack off and plenty of potions to heal so at the end of the day Burgh stands no chance against me.

Sacrifices:
    Whimsicott to raise Brittle to tier 3
    a Woobat and a Swoobat to raise Light to tier 3. Both of them are capable of learning Psycho Cut.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Name: Miau
    Team: Guerreros
    Game of choice: Shield
    Trainer Class: female ranger from or/as

Years
  • Update #2:

Before moving on to my path, I was thinking about how to fullfil my Tier 2 Adventuring on Land restriction. After some research, I found out how, so starting my game from where I left it before. I made my way to Route 207 to catch myself two Machop's. Since I had my Piplup, I knew that he can learn Surf and the two Machop's were so I can keep one (it can learn Earthquake later on) and the other one to trade with the little girl in Jubilife City who gives me an abra in exchange. Kadabra can learn the move Expanding Force, which also hits two opponents. I hope that trading with NPC's is allowed, since I didn't see something against it in the rules. With this in mind, I managed to have half of my team possibly learning the multi-target-hit moves. Now I'm on my way to Eterna City, but of course I had to have a run in with Team Galactic. After defeating the two grunts, I continued on my way. Arriving at Floarma Town, I spoke to the older man who gave me an Jirachi, rescued the father of the little girl at Valley Windworks while also defeating Team Galactic's Admin. Once I reached Eterna Forest, I accompanied Cheryl to just before Eterna City, before making my way in it too. I went to the Pokemon Gym to take on Gardenia. I weakened her Cherubi with Prinplup's (he evolved) Peck, made her use both of her super potions on it, before finishing of with Jirachi using Swift. Staravia took care of her other two Pokemon. With that I obtained my second gym badge, I made my way to the Pokemon Centre and wish to sacrifice another of my Pokemon Friends. The Machop I kept is Jolly (Spd. +/Sp. Atk. -), the by now Kadabra is named Kazza and his nature is Quiet (Sp. Atk. +/Spd. -) I also caught a few more Pokemon during this, so here these are:

Timid (Spd. +/Atk. -) Buneary
    Relaxed (Def. +/Spd. -) Buizel
    Docile (Neutral) Shellos
    Calm (Sp. Def. +/Atk. -) Budew (I'm aware that I'm not supposed to use a Poison type Pokemon and I won't. But who knows, it could be useful later on?)

Hereby I sacrifice my Lvl. 17 Jirachi to the almighty gods, to upgrade my Be prepared Rule to Tier 2, since Jirachi has the move Wish which can heal itself or the replacementin the next round. Farewell my friend, you'll always be remembered! ♡

PS: So some of you might think, "Why would I sacrifice a legendary/mythical Pokemon?". My answer is simple, Jirachi can be (from my perspective) pretty OP and that could take away the fun. So yeah, that's the only reason.

Attachments

• 20221013_153455.jpg
      20221013_153455.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 2
    Years
  • Update 1:

Game: black 2

i decided to start the game with an Snivy (which i shamefully had to check if any of its evolutions had poison typying) named serpy.
    while not much happened on the first routes, i capturated 3 pokemon on the floccesy ranch: a Lilipup named scou, a Azurill named azul and a Riolu named roy.
    after that, i decided to train scou a bit, where he learnt bite, and now is level 10.
    then, i decided to give it a shot at Cheren, which was a bit tougher than i thought, hopefully, i got azurill to defeat its Patrat, becoming worthy, and Snivy to defeat its Lilipup, also becoming worthy.
    now that i have the Basic Badge, some sacrifices had to be done.
    i decided to sacrifice both lilipup and azurill.
    this has been fun so far, cant wait to see whats next!

Sacrifices:
    Azurill
    Lilipup, lvl. 10 with bite (for rule 3).

Badges: 1/8
    Wait, if Lillipup isn't worthy, it can't be sacrificed. Is that an error?

Updated.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    🌹 Name: Eleanor
    🦴 Team: Guerreros
    🌹 Game of choice: White 2!
    🦴 Trainer Class: as is tradition I shall be the BW2 Ace Trainer girl!

It's about time... :sadwick:

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
    Years
  • Update Gym 3:

I need to reevaluate my team, as the new rule states that all my Pokémon need to know one move that cannot miss or else only moves with 95% accuracy or more. I fix Tentacool's move set by replacing supersonic with cut.
    *cut is normal type like supersonic so it doesn't break rule 1
    *cut is an HM so it doesn't break rule 3

After making some additional adjustments to my team, I kept going up to Goldenrod city. I decided to go up to route 36 to catch a Nidoran to help beat Whitney. I leveled up a bunch and ended up with a team consisting of Nidorino, Pidgeotto and Tentacool (plus some severely under leveled mons). I set up toxic spikes in the gym and used whirlwind to bring out Miltank and force the use of it's lum berry. Later I brought out Nidorino and Miltank poisoned itself through poison point. Eventually Miltank fell to poison and Clefairy came out and got poisoned too. I used my lv. 12 Pineco to eventually take out Clefairy with self destruct.

I beat the gym but unfortunately did not succeed in updating any of my rules. I didn't have the patience to grind Pineco to level 20 🙃 Plus I couldn't beat a normal type Pokémon with a "not very effective move" because… well, normal types.

On to the next gym I go!

Years
  • Im dead. My first rule specifies that I have to use Light Screen Reflect or Aurora Veil at least once in every major battle. In Pokemon Black, the first available Pokemon to naturally learn Light Screen/Reflect is Sigilyph, which can be found on route 4. In order to enter Route 4 I need to beat my rival. In order to beat my rival I need a Pokemon that can use Light Screen/Reflect. No way to advance.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Defeated Flannery with Pelipper and Norman with Hariyama and Grovyle. I'm currently on session 6, Winona will be next.

Restrictions:
    - You may only sacrifice Pokémon for the benefit of all your team members, but not yourself.

Sacrifices:
    - None

Years
    • Seen today
    Update time! Segment 5!

Restrictions:
    None

My progress:
    Ok so there are basically no trainers between Flannery and Norman. I just went to the desert to pick up the Root Fossil and a Trapinch, went back to Meteor Falls to catch a Solrock, then back to Petalburg Woods to catch a Slakoth.

Then I biked for a long time.

Team before Norman:
    - Vibrava lv35 (Secret Power, Crunch, Sand Tomb, Dragonbreath)
    - Slaking lv36 (Slash, Yawn, Slack Off, Swagger)
    - Solrock lv37 (Rock Slide, Fire Spin, Cosmic Power, Psywave)
    - Cradily lv40 (Acid, Ingrain, Confuse Ray, Amnesia)

The battle went like this:
    - Vibrava used Sand Tomb then Secret Power twice on the Spinda to knock it out.
    - Solrock used Rock Slide twice on the Vigoroth to knock it out.
    - Cradily used Acid a bunch of times on the Linoone to knock it out.
    - Slaking Slashed Norman's Slaking 3 times to beat it.

Sacrifices:
    - I sacrifice Solrock (Rock-type) to level up Eleanor's Dustbowl rule.
    - I sacrifice Cradily (can learn Worry Seed in later Gens) to level up Eleanor's That Lens was Useful rule.
    - I sacrifice Vibrava (knows 4 moves of different types) to level up Eleanor's Treasure Swap rule.
    - I sacrifice Slaking (defeated an opponent with a contact move - Slash) to level up Miau's Thinking Matter rule.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Update #2 - Kabu

Log
    - Squirtle evolved
    - Got Torkoal, Kangaskhan, Hoothoot, Togepi, Scraggy (boxed everybody except Torkoal)
    - Got Leftovers
    - Got a Flash Fire Litwick
    - Beat Bede
    - During the Motostoke gym mission, I got Vulpix, another Litwick and Sizzlipede
    - Chewtle evolved.

vs. Trainer Kabu

- I led with Torkoal to set up the Sun and then immediately switched to Litwick which couldn't be touched by Ninetales.
    So Litwick killed it without any issues, becoming Worthy

I let Drednaw in to deal with Arcanine, since despite being Intimidated (Atk -1) it could crit with Razor Shell (physical).
    And it did therefore becoming Worthy in 5 turns without sunlight.

I let Torkoal back in to refresh the sun then back to Drednaw, who died.
    Then Litwick to soak up the Gmax and soften Centiskorch up.
    Then just as the sun ended, Corvisquire (Level 20) came in on the sixth total turn without sun and killed Centiskorch, becoming Worthy

Total Turns without Sun: 6

Badges: 3 / 8

Sacrifices
    - Litwick (Heat up! (3) on me)
    - Drednaw (Flare up !! on me)
    - Corvisquire (Burn up! (2) on me)

Already Sacrificed
    - Thievul
    - Pidove
    - Farfetch'd
    - Alolan Marowak
    - Shiftry

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Update #2: Grant
    Grabbed a few more Pokemon for good sacrificing: PointFly (Beedrill), WhitePlant (White Flabebe), and Vivillon (forgot to name it something). Invested some time in Amie to boost their experience and keep them leveled.

Threw that plan out the window (for now). Switched back to the original plan of "Punch Stuff Good". Prioritizes simply finishing for the time being.

Caught SpecialSun, a shiny Helioptile, along the way. Added NoLifeGround (Golett) to round out the team a bit. Largely expects BlueDog (Lucario) and FireFriend (Braixen) to handle everything. Does not mind some backups, though.

Spoiler: Gym 2 Log

Turn 1: Lucario: Force Palm (100%) / Amaura: Fainted
    Turn 2: Lucario: Force Palm (100%) / Tyrunt: Fainted
    (Level up)

A very quick gym fight. Declines to sacrifice anyone. Received some sacrifices from 5qwerty to remove all the current rules.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Defeated Winona with Pikachu and Sceptile. I'm currently on session 7, Tate & Liza will be next.

Restrictions:
    - You may only sacrifice Pokémon for the benefit of all your team members, but not yourself.

Sacrifices:
    - None

Back