• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Divine Offering - GT Pokémon Challenge

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    Wait, if Lillipup isn't worthy, it can't be sacrificed. Is that an error?
    welp, i gotta admit that was an error on my part.
    But no problem! update 2 comes to solve that!

After reading that lilipup wasnt worthy, i got him back to train at floccesy ranch and i captured 2 pokemons: a pidove (nicknamed Zanty) and a marrep (nicknamed amphy).
    not much happened after that, i just went to virbarj complex to train a bit and i capturated a magnemite (nicknamed magny).
    after that, i decided to go against Roxie which was harder than i though, not a problem, lilipup defeated grimer and pidove defeated Whilrlipede, and i even got some photos, making both of them worthy.
    now that i got the toxic badge, some sacrifices had to be made.
    This was a bit tiring, but still fun.

Sacrifices:
    Pidove
    Lilipup (this time he is worthy!)

Badges: 2/8.

Years
  • Update!!!

After Morty, I could only lift a maximum of two rules since one set was completely wiped clear. Just as well really since the next gym leader only has two Pokémon yet again ;(

I decided to raise a Pidgeotto to take on the leader's Primeape with the plan being to get myself poisoned on the way in, that way I could lift another rule.

I dragged a Pidgey up to lv.29 to let it learn Wing Attack, then evolved it next level.

I also needed something that could learn an HP draining move, and was also able to tackle a fighting gym... I settled on raising a Zubat turned Golbat with Leech Life, also with Wing Attack!

After battling my way through Olivine and across to Cianwood City, I was ready to build up on wild Tentacruels.

Once my desired levels were reached, I then had to try and get Pidgeotto poisoned which actually took a lot longer than I expected!

Everything went almost according to plan! My poisoned Pidgeotto beat the leader's Primeape to become worthy and lift Divine Warrior 2! Then my lv.30+ Golbat wiped the floor with Poliwrath to also lift Fair Play 3!

I say almost because my 2DS XL actually froze up during saving, and when I managed to turn it back on, it had skipped back to a few save points earlier, so I lost several hours, and had to do the above... TWICE!

I am ready to try lifting the last rule, so lay it on me!

Bonus pics:
    Spoiler:

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • I'm just gonna put this out here, but if anyone is able to sack a lv. 10+ Pokémon that has or may learn the move Acrobatics that would be fantastic 😅

My only realistic hope to do this myself was with zubat but because of my updated rules I can't have it on my team (it knows a 55% accurate move (supersonic) and I don't have a way to unlearn it without leveling it up which is impossible if it can't be on my team)

Edit: ok technically I can advance if I catch a pineco or hoothoot and level it up to 20 and sacrifice it since they can learn take down. Then I'd be able to put zubat back on the team after getting rid of the accuracy rule. Dear bird Jesus that's a lot of grinding 🙃
    Sorry for the late reply. Just got around to reach Hala on my side of the game. 🙃

Spoiler: The rules as of now
    1. Mind Power: You may only use Pokémon with a base Sp. Attack stat of 80 or higher, or who evolve into an eligible Pokémon.
      • Offer Requirement: A lv. 25+ Pokémon who has defeated an enemy Pokémon by using the same damaging move on it at least 2 times in a row.
    2. Know your enemy: During a major battle, you may not use a damaging move with your Pokémon until it has taken damage while on the field. Everytime you switch out, this condition is reset.
      • Offer Requirement: A lv. 20+ Pokémon who has gained Worthy status by using Counter, Mirror Coat, Mirror Move, Me First, Bide or Shell Trap and successfully defeating an enemy Pokémon this way.
    3. No interference: You may not use Fighting, Poison, Bug, Dark, or Rock-type Pokémon, unless they're also Psychic or Ghost-types.
      • Offer Requirement: A lv. 10+ Pokémon who knows or may learn Focus Punch, Mind Reader, Lock-on, Miracle Eye or Foresight.
    "Welcome back, Shigure," Robin smiled when he got his Popplio back. The two, along with his other remaining Pokemon, continued their journey.

Spoiler: Robin caught

• Reina the kinshi knight Wingull
    • Kellam the barely visible guy Drifloon
    • Cynthia the clumsy yet enthusiastic Ylissean kid Pichu
    • Inigo the philanderer Oricorio
    • Maribelle the noblewoman Petilil

In addition to the additional members of the team, Robin accidentally caught a Cutiefly which he immediately let go. But on the plus side, he got some extra cash from a lady in Route 2's Pokecenter who wanted to see Cutiefly's dex entry.

Some Pokemon joined Robin's squad, and some existing ones got stronger as time went on.

Spoiler: Evolutions

• Ricken evolved into Kadabra Alakazam (the second one with the help of my old Ultra Sun savefile)
    • Shigure evolved into Brionne

One Lillie hunting and Hau's battle later, Robin came back to Iki Town, this time going straight to the kahuna.

Spoiler: Kahuna Hala battle log
    Turn 1
    • Mankey: Pursuit
    • Kellam: Minimize

Turn 2
    • Kellam: Gust

Turn 3
    • Kellam: Super Potion

Turn 4
    • Kellam: Gust (Mankey down)

Turn 5
    • Shigure: Baby-Doll Eyes
    • Crabrawler: All-Out Pummeling

Turn 6
    • Crabrawler: Power-Up Punch
    • Shigure: Disarming Voice

Turn 7
    • Crabrawler: Pursuit
    • Shigure: Disarming Voice

Turn 8
    • Shigure: Super Potion
    • Crabrawler: Power-Up Punch

Turn 8
    • Crabrawler: Leer
    • Shigure: Disarming Voice (Crabrawler down)

Turn 9
    • Makuhita: Fake Out
    • Ricken: Flinched

Turn 10
    • Ricken: Confusion (Makuhita down)

And thus, Robin sacrificed two out of his three MVPs, Ricken and Kellam, to the gods. He wasn't ready to let Shigure go yet.

Spoiler: Proof of journey
    SqyLcwUl.png
    9vqmNEyl.png
    QSTdG0Bl.png

Spoiler: Robin's sacrifices
    Ricken (No interference)
    Spoiler:

Kellam (tenthcompanion's Count on your own strength)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler: Robin's remaining squad
    Cynthia
    Spoiler:

Henry
    Spoiler:

Frederick
    Spoiler:

Shigure
    Spoiler:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Pokemon Shield - Segment 1
    Life Drain - Your Pokémon may only gain 12 levels while under your care, before you have to box them. Offer Requirement: A lv. 10+ Pokémon who knows or may learn Hypnosis, Nightmare, Dream Eater.
    Thinking Matter - You may not use Steel, Rock, Fighting, Normal or Fairy-type Pokémon. Offer Requirement: A lv. 10+ Pokémon who has gained Worthy status by defeating an enemy with a contact move.
    Ethereal Spirits - You may not use Pokémon that weigh more than 50 kg / 110.2 lbs. Offer Requirement: A lv. 10+ Pokémon who is at least 0.6 m tall.

First update! Started the game by picking Widget the Scorbunny as my starter, which I won't actually be using in the first gym battle; in fact she was boxed as soon as she reached level 16 and evolved into Raboot. Ignored everything on Routes 1 and 2, and went straight to the wild area, where I caught Charm the Metapod at level 10, who almost immediately evolved into Butterfree. Later on Route 3, caught Rogue the wandering Corvisquire (level 18). The rest of the team was caught on Route 4; the plan is to use them to stall Milo's dynamaxed Eldegos, since I want to do the battle without dynamaxing my own Pokemon.

After wrangling the Wooloo at the gym, it was time to face Milo. First Charm the Butterfree disposed of his Gossifleur with two Gusts, thus becoming ✨worthy✨
    Next Milo sends his Eldegoss, who goes big and KOs Magikarp and Pumpkaboo, then returns to her original size and becomes bird food, as Rogue the Corvisquire makes quick work of her with two Plucks.

Sacrifices for this segment:
    Butterfree - can learn Nightmare in gen 2 - upgrades Life Drain
    Corvisquire - taller than 0.6m - upgrades Ethereal Spirits
    Also mentioning 5qwerty's sacrifice (here)
    I sacrifice Slaking (defeated an opponent with a contact move - Slash) to level up Miau's Thinking Matter rule.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Defeated Tate & Liza with Gardevoir and Sceptile. Defeated Wallace with Pikachu and Sceptile. I'm currently on the last session, elite 4 and champion will be next.

Restrictions:
    - You may only use Pokémon who can learn self-healing or HP-draining moves.
    - You may only sacrifice Pokémon for the benefit of all your team members, but not yourself.
    - You may not use Dark, Poison, Ghost, Bug, Fire, or Dragon-type Pokémon.

Sacrifices:
    - None

Years
  • GT Challenge in Pokémon Sapphire

marshtomp.png
    poochyena.png

Segment 1

Okay, it's time to start.

This will be fairly short update. There aren't that many Pokémon that would fit in with my rules, luckily, Mudkip can learn Supersonic in Gen VIII and Water Pulse in other gens, so I'll be picking it up. Poochyena can learn Swagger, so that's 2nd member of my team. Finally, Wingull can learn Water Pulse and Supersonic, so I decide to also put it on my team.

Now, the progress is pretty straightforward all the way to Roxanne. Mudkip even evolved. I started with Poochyena and its Sand-Attack because of my Surprise! rule. I spammed it few times and then beat Geodude without using any super-effective move, making Poochyena worthy. I then switched to Marshtomp, who had no Status move and beat Nosepass, making it worthy

Sacrifices

marshtomp.png
    - Surprise!
    poochyena.png
    - Tricks of the trade​

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Sacrifices
    - Farfetch'd (for Time Limits on Twilight Blade)
    - Alolan Marowak (for Heat Up on me)
    - Shiftry (for Power Limits on Twilight Blade)

Already Sacrificed
    - Thievul
    - Pidove
    Thank you for helping! Update I have obtained my first 2 badges in Omega Ruby. I defeated Roxanne using entirely Mudkip and defeated Brawly using entirely Taillow. I have reached Slateport now.

Years
    • Seen today
    Session 6 below.

Restrictions:
    None

My progress:
    Went around the land to pick up the following Pokémon: Koffing, Carvanha, Sandshrew, Manectric, and Shuppet. Battled many trainers, only biked a tiny bit since I battled a lot. Also picked up some X Specials at the Lilycove Dept. Store.

Winona Fight Team:
    - Banette lv37 (Curse, Night Shade, Will-O-Wisp, Faint Attack)
    - Sandslash lv33 (Rock Tomb, Sand-Attack, Poison Sting, Swift)
    - Weezing lv35 (Sludge, Tackle, Smokescreen, Selfdestruct)
    - Sharpedo lv35 (Surf, Focus Energy, Crunch, Slash)
    - Manectric lv33 (Spark, Quick Attack, Odor Sleuth, Roar)

Battle Log:
    - Sandslash vs Swablu - the Rock Tomb 2 shot.
    - Banette vs Tropius - the Wisp into the Night Shade spam.
    - Sharpedo vs Pelipper - Crunch city.
    - Manectric vs Skarmory - 2x X Special Spark after the Steel Wing tank.
    - Weezing vs Altaria - BOOM!

Sacrifices:
    - I sacrifice Sandslash (gained Worthy status by defeating Swablu with a Rock-type move) to level up Count Dracularc's Rehearsal rule.
    - I sacrifice Banette (Ghost-type) to level up Devalue's Berserker rule.
    - I sacrifice Sharpedo (can get Speed Boost) to level up Count Dracularc's Power rule.
    - I sacrifice Manectric (KO'd while at +2 SpAtk) to level up Devalue's Battle Frenzy rule.
    - I sacrifice Weezing (KO'd opponent with SelfDestruct) to level up Devalue's Damage Inc. rule.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Challenge finished without any sacrifices! Defeated Sidney with Hariyama and Pikachu. Defeated Phoebe with Gardevoir. Defeated Glacia with Hariyama, Gardevoir and Pikachu. Defeated Wallace with Gardevoir and Sceptile. Defeated Steven with Pikachu, Hariyama, Pelipper and Sceptile.

Restrictions:
    - You may only use Pokémon who can learn self-healing or HP-draining moves.
    - You may only sacrifice Pokémon for the benefit of all your team members, but not yourself.
    - You may not use Dark, Poison, Ghost, Bug, Fire, or Dragon-type Pokémon.

Sacrifices:
    - None

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Update 3: Korrina
    New rules:
    1. Use only your two highest base power moves. Must learn any level-up move that has higher base power.
    2. Set mode. Allows one switch per battle.
    3. No status moves, except for anything increasing your own Attack or Special Attack.

Spent some time in Amie with SpecialSun (shiny Helioptile) and NoLifeGround (Golett). Only wanted the experience boost. Wastes time going for extra benefits. Overpowers things easily enough on pure levels.

Became a bit tough for NoLifeGround this update. Began this update with Mega Punch and Shadow Punch as its two moves. Learned DynamicPunch in Reflection Cave, forcing out Shadow Punch. Hopes to not fight many ghosts. Ripped some Wobbuffets to shreds, though.

Struggled versus the real gym leader in this update: Battle Girl Hedvig. Uses Throh and Hawlucha, both with decent coverage. (Vital Throw/Revenge/Bulldoze and Aerial Ace/Karate Chop/Rock Tomb.) Fainted three Pokemon and an unnecessary fourth trying to get SpecialSun some extra experience.

Continued on. Swept Calem with Vivillon at the Tower of Mastery. Tore through the Fighting Gym trainers. Evolved FireFriend into Delphox in the process. Gave it a Mind Plate.

Spoiler: Gym #3 Log

Turn 1: Mienfoo: Fake Out (95/105) / Delphox: Flinch
    Turn 2: Delphox: Psyshock (100%)
    Turn 3: Delphox: Psyshock (100%) / Machoke: Fainted
    (Level up.)
    Turn 4: Delphox: Psyshock (100%) / Hawlucha: Fainted

Held five levels over Hawlucha, after the mid-battle level up. Expected more, to be honest. Played out the same, regardless.

Sacrifices no one this update. Received some help via 5qwerty's generous sacrifices on all three current rules.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Part 1:

Current Team:

Treecko - moves: quick attack, pursuit, absorb, leer
    Shroomish - moves: absorb, mega drain, stun spore, tackle

Completed the first segment with the dancer rules:

We got the moves: Treecko can learn sword dance, Shroomish can learn sword dance as well.
    We got the flow: Treecko - Speed slot, Shroomish - Hp slot for now
    We got the Groove: During Roxanne's battle sent out Shroomish first and used absorb twice, Roxanne used potions twice on her Geodude, used Mega drain twice and finally Knocked it out. Roxanne sent out Nosepass and since I already used the previous move twice already, switched to Treecko and used Pursuit Two times, Roxanne's nosepass used harden first and then kept using Rock tomb, the first one missed and the subsequent ones were succesful hits applying speed down. Treecko used then absorb and thanks to it's STAB did more damage than Pursuit and after two hits of absorb Nosepass fainted and Treecko survived with 2 HP left.

Spoiler:

Years
  • notable events:
    The new rules literally made it impossible for me to progress, so the organizers gave me a special permission to ignore them until I can catch a Sigilyph.
    Destroyed Bianca and Cherren using my Woobat army out of which one more member managed to evolve.
    Went back to claim a Pansear on one of the first routes. I'll be needing a gifted Pokemon as a sacrifice so Im glad I didn't take it earlier.
    Caught every pokemon in the desert and parted with my Woobats. I'll not be able to use them for my next gym battle.
    After 2 hours of exploring I've beaten every trainer there is on route 4 and finally caught my Sigilyph.
    The good news is that I also caught a Yamask knows Haze! The very first Ice-type move in the game! Chances are I'll be able to level up one more of my rules!
    In Nimbasa City I got a Soothe Bell and a Sun Stone, both which I was in desperate need of... in the previous segment. Why couldn't they gave them to me earlier???
    My team seems to be Sigilyph Simisear Dwebble Sandile and Yamask. The latter 3 evolves just a tiny bit too late so they probably wont evolve before the gym.
    Checked out Route 5 and Route 16 before the gym. Although my teams level doesn't seem to be low, I'll need them to have better moves just in case, and most of all Sigilyph needs Light Screen.
    Beaten N in the amusement park then headed straight for the gym. My team is currently level 25.

Gym Battle:
    Starting with Simisear Flame Burst, the only option to start with thanks to rule 3.
    With the help of a Super Potion Simisear takes out one of the annoying Volt Switch Emolgas.
    Switching to Sigilyph I actually use Tailwind on turn 1, because the increased speed also leats me move first on turn 2 and set up a Light Screen. Sigilyph is bulky enough to tank a Super Effective STAB Volt Switch.
    Elesa now has Zebstrika out, I send in Yamask hoping to get a kill, but it easily beats me by using a Volt Switch to bypass my Will-O-Wisp.
    No matter, I have access to Revives at this point.
    Sandile finishes off the incoming 2nd Emolga and then wears down Zebstrika with Sand Tomb and Swagger.
    Switching to my Revived Yamask to finish it off.

Sacrifices:
    Yamask to raise my Crystalline rule to tier 3 (it knows Haze)
    Simisear to g... ... Nevermind, I messed up, Simisear is only level 25...
    Simisear and Sandile is sacrificed but that does not affect any of my rules, unfortunately...

Last edited:

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
    Years
  • Update Gym 4:

Not much of interest happened in between gyms 3 and 4 other than a lot of grinding and leveling up. My team for Morty was Pidgeotto, Nidorino, Tentacool, Pineco, and Raticate. Nidorino knows only normal and fighting moves though so he's totally useless 🥲 My plan was to k.o. one of Morty's Pokémon with Pineco (can learn take down) and another with Tentacool (with Acid: a not very effective move).

Gastly died to Tentacool's Surf and then the hypnosis Haunter came out and was an enormous pain in the butt. Eventually after using LOTS of awakenings I k.o.'d it with Pineco using Bug Bite. Gengar trapped Pidgeotto into battle using Mean Look and I eventually chose to k.o. it with Gust. I was able to set up pretty well with Tentacool against the last Haunter but then… it cursed itself to death 😭. So I guess I'm not sacrificing Tentacool today.

So now I have a choice. I can use Pineco to update rule 1 (it k.o.'d an opponent with a not very effective move) or rule 2 (it can learn take down).

I choose to sacrifice Pineco to update rule 2 (strike from a distance) since Pokemon with take down/jump kicks aren't terribly abundant where I am. Also with saniachan's help, my rule 3 (count on your own strength) has been updated thanks to Drifloon's sacrifice.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday

Eleanor's first update!

Pokémon White 2 as Ruin Maniac

Not much to talk about to be fair. My rules didn't let me use either Snivy or Oshawott as my starter, but even Tepig was technically off-limits because it cannot learn any of the four moves that my second rule specified (not even Growl!) so... I could pick any starter I wanted as soon as I boxed immediately. I still went Tepig because I've never really tried out one, and it fits that tiny bit better with my Ruin Maniac thing. It's not a Fighting-type yet btw.

I had to box it anyways for the first Purrloin I found, since he knew Growl. I decided to follow a mountain / volcano / something like that theme for my names so this Purrloin became mt. Krn, which is in western Slovenia. Krn means "black" so it kinda works.

Of course Purrloin is... not very good, and I only have two more Pokémon that I can pair him up with, out of all those that are accessible to me. I let two Mareep join the team, naming them Olympus and (since I wanted to find another Greek mountain that was nearby) Chortiatis. And with their help, Hugh and his Oshawott stood absolutely no chance. Sorry Osha, he doesn't deserve you.

After the whole Herdier thing in Floccesy Ranch, I could get access to my first and only TM, Frustration. All of my Pokémon are meant to know a TM move so they all got Frustration and... yeah I must admit, this game made it pretty easy to fulfill this rule. If this happened in previous generations it might have gone worse... but regardless. Only after getting the TM and being almost ready for Cheren I remembered about my last encounter. Azurill isn't a Water-type yet and can learn Sing and Supersonic via breeding in a few generations. So I can use him! I named it Surtsey because... I already expected to sacrifice the poor thing. Then I found out he had Huge Power and did a lot of damage with Frustration, but...

Cheren battle. I had a few attempts where I straight up whited out because I got critted or couldn't stop the Work Up strategy he has, plus... oh, I didn't mention it, this is Challenge Mode! Just because I never tried it before and it allows for more sacrifices. I managed to get through eventually, though, also thanks to the gifted Oran Berries that Alder gives you.
    Surtsey was essential with Charm lowering the enemy Pokémon's attack even when they tried to use Work Up, so I knew I had to keep him in for the longest. I let him get the first KO against Patrat so that I could keep on charming Lillipup as well, then switched in Olympus when Cheren's Pokémon was at nearly half health so that he could get the KO instead. Thanks to the Oran Berry this worked out fine, and I was in good position for the following Pidove, which I faced with Chortiatis instead. Olympus was already quite weakened, Surtsey was nearly fainted and even Krn, who I sent in against Lillipup to do some chip damage, was at half health or so... and so I let Chortiatis paralyze Pidove and do some damage.

But I wanted to sacrifice Krn, not Chortiatis! And that's why I spammed Thunder Wave a few times on Pidove, to no effect, in order to let Chortiatis faint. Krn came in and had to take a Quick Attack (which he survived on 2 HP, oops), but then was able to get the KO on Pidove with a weak Frustration. And that's my first gym battle done!

5qwerty has already sacrificed some Pokémon for me as I can see, so my rules will progress to stage 2. I can't quite return the favor, but I can do so to another teammate, and sacrifice 3 of my Pokémon in order to upgrade all of Chr. Draco's rules instead!
    - Krn (Purrloin) can learn Taunt and Torment, so I can upgrade "We got the groove".
    - Olympus (Mareep) is an Electric-type, so I can upgrade "We got the moves".
    - Surtsey (Azurill) has his highest stat at 18 (Defense) and lowest at 11 (Speed). The difference is 9 (<20) so it's eligible for being sacrificed in order to upgrade "We got the flow".

All of my Pokémon were at level 12 when I battled Cheren by the way. This leaves me with just Chortiatis in the team, but... with the added bonus that now, with updated rules at stage 2, Stromboli the Tepig can actually join her now! Let's see what I can do for Roxie~

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Pokemon Shield - Segment 2
    Life Drain 2 - Your Pokémon may only gain 24 levels while under your care, before you have to box them. Offer Requirement: A lv. 20+ Pokémon who has gained Worthy status by defeating a Pokémon that was sleeping.
    Thinking Matter 2 - You may not use Pokémon with more than 70 Base Attack. Offer Requirement: A lv. 20+ Pokémon who knows or may learn Focus Punch, Mind Reader, Lock-on, Miracle Eye or Foresight.
    Ethereal Spirits 2 - If any of your Pokémon is hit by a Rock-type attack, you must switch it out as soon as possible. Offer Requirement: A lv. 20+ Rock-type Pokémon.

Started this segment by catching the Pokemon I'll be sacrificing next: James the Oddish in the wild area, Xena the Rolycoly in the mine, and Sparkles the Pikachu in the golden fields at Route 4. Nothing important really happen, the stretch between the first and second gym in Galar is very short anyway. Xena evolved right before the rival battle, meanwhile I decided not to evolve James as to not duplicate any sacrifices (Gloom is already on the list).

As for the actual gym battle; having a Rock/Fire-type going against Nessa from the get go seemed like a bad idea, so I started by sending Sparkles the Pikachu to paralyze Nessa's Goldeen and take its health down in the low yellow, while crossing my fingers NOT to get a crit. After that I sent in Xena into a Horn Drill that did almost nothing, and she was able to get the KO with a Smack Down, thus becoming worthy.

Next Sparkles was back on the field; her Thunder Wave missed, while Nessa's Arrokuda got a critical Aqua Jet. I proceeded to heal Sparkles right away, while another Aqua Jet from Arrokuda connected... and paralyzed it on contact! One Electro Ball wasn't enough the get the KO, but a Quick Attack finally finished it off. After a battle that dragged on longer than I expected, Sparkles is now worthy .

Finally it was time for Nessa's ace, Drednaw. She dynamaxed right away, while I started off with Oddish putting it to sleep with Sleep Powder. With Drednaw off in dreamland, it was just a formality, as Oddish dynamaxed too and got the OHKO with a Max Overgrowth, and became worthy

Sacrifices for this segment:
    Carkol - Rock-type - upgrades Ethereal Spirits
    Pikachu - can learn Focus Punch in gens 3 and 4 - upgrades Thinking Matter
    Oddish - became worthy by defeating a sleeping opponent - upgrades Life Drain

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Segment 7!

Restrictions:
    None

My progress:
    Decided to catch Pikachu, Pelipper, Swablu, and raise a Nincada that I caught in a previous segment but just boxed. From the Nincada I got a Shedinja and then I biked for eons until it was level 100. I also had to go through all the stupid story stuff like beating Team Aqua and Magma.

I soon reach Tate and Liza with the following team:
    - Pikachu lv51 (Agility, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Light Screen)
    - Pelipper lv50 (Surf, Fly, Secret Power, Swallow)
    - Shedinja lv100 (Shadow Ball, Grudge, Confuse Ray, Spite)
    - Altaria lv50 (Take Down, Dragon Dance, Hyper Beam, Fire Blast)

Battle goes like this:
    Turn 1: Pikachu and Shedinja vs Xatu and Claydol. I Shadow Ball with Shedinja into Claydol and Thunder with Pikachu on Xatu as it Calm Minds.
    Turn 2: Pikachu and Shedinja vs Xatu and Solrock. I Grudge with Shedinja and Thunder into Xatu as it heals with a Hyper Potion - it gets Paralyzed but so does my Pikachu due to Synchronize. Solrock knocks out my Shedinja with I forget which move but it loses all its PP.
    Turn 3: Pikachu and Pelipper vs Xatu and Solrock. Pelipper is fastest, so it goes for Surf, whittling the Xatu and Solrock down a bit. Then Pikachu goes for Thunderbolt on Xatu and kills it.
    Turn 4: Pikachu and Pelipper vs Lunatone and Solrock. Pikachu switches out and Pelipper goes for Surf again. Lunatone Calm Minds and Solrock does something useless.
    Turn 5 - Turn ???: Some super stall battle because Solrock got Sun up, Lunatone was spamming Calm Minds, my Altaria was going for Dragon Dances and Pelipper is going for Surf. Eventually Pelipper knocks out Solrock only to be knocked out by Lunatone right after. Altaria then finishes off Lunatone with a +6 Hyper Beam.

Sacrifices:
    - I sacrifice my Pikachu (Light Ball was made for it) to level up Eleanor's Treasure Swap rule.
    - I sacrifice my Altaria (knows Fire Blast and Hyper Beam, 2 moves with over 100 BP) to remove Devalue's Damage Inc. rule.
    - I sacrifice my Pelipper (can learn U-Turn in a future Generation) to remove Devalue's Berserker rule.
    - I sacrifice my Shedinja (knocked out Claydol in 1 shot from full health) to remove Devalue's Battle Frenzy rule.

Back