• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Diving...?

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Ok so in this game they brought back dive from the advanced games when i first found out i was like sweet but then i found out that all you can do with it is dive down to some under water temple. Again i was like sweet gonna find some kool water legend EEEEEEEE WRONG apparently all you can do in there is swim around for like 5 minutes, find some plates from arceus and finds some relics to get a quick buck. not to mention there are only like 4 places to dive and technically it all connects to one place. do you miss the old diving (i know i do ) , did you hate it in the first place, or do like this new system?

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
  • I personally don't like HM travel. The idea of "HM slaves" really sucks, and I'm glad that HM's are only used for slight bonus content rather than in the 3rd gen where you literally had ot have a water type to access anything in the late game. But you can't use it for battle very well because it requires so many HM's just to get around.

Houli

Elite Four
    Years
  • Dive is the most worthless HM in the new games. You only use it for one spot in the game and that's it. It makes no sense why Game Freak even included it.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Well I was very surprised when I found out you could dive. I was real excited too. And then I find you can just go to the Abyssal Ruins. That was a real letdown. Really a pointless HM.

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
  • Dive is the most worthless HM in the new games. You only use it for one spot in the game and that's it. It makes no sense why Game Freak even included it.
    Hopefully the reason they included it is that RSE remakes are on the way! :D

Anyways, I thought it was cool that Dive would help you access some post game content, but the Abyssal Ruins are kinda frustrating because they force you out after a few minutes.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I was like YAY dive! I found out stuff it..... i was disappointed. Havent even bothered to teach it......

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm glad Dive is back, but! It's so useless. I'd have loved for the rippling water spots to actually be spots you could dive in while it ripples, and then sends you back to the top like the ruins. Infact, that would've been amazing. Take note GameFreak! :(

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    . I'd have loved for the rippling water spots to actually be spots you could dive in while it ripples, and then sends you back to the top like the ruins. Infact, that would've been amazing. Take note GameFreak!

Agreed that would have been really kool

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Quick buck? Some of the relic items are worth $200,000.
    But yeah, that's ALL diving in gen 5 is worth (at the moment ;) .)

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • I miss the diving experiences I had back in Hoenn. Sure, the passage to enter the Abyssal Ruins was neat, but the developers could've at least put more thought into the diving feature.

Back