• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[dLtMs0 v 5.4] ITT SHINJI IS CONFIRMED FOR GROSSEST; Days till Pokestick Day: check new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

I'm more surprised than anything that you call Japanese games weeb games. Didn't think people still did that.

But I love games, and Eastern games are some of the greatest. 50% of them, I'd say. With the other 50% being the West.

So I'd definitely say that they count as entertainment. After all, we still talk about anime here far more. Game talk maybe happens once every couple of weeks, if that.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

I think you have a pretty low bar for weeb games, then. Things like Bravely Default, Fire Emblem, Rune Factory, etc. don't really try to appeal to the ota or the weeb, but something like...Monster Monpiece or something like that definitely does. At least, the rubbing portion does. Or most dating sims.

But there's definitely a difference between a good Japanese game and one that tries to appeal to the ota. Especially since I see some people come in here that probably don't have an interest in Japan or most things that come out of it and they still jump right in.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

See, I disagree there, Laptrap. The reason this bothers me is because I don't like the idea of weeaboo(s?). I've always seen it as a racist mockery of Japanese culture, even if its unintentional. That's also why I don't like it when people interchange ota with weebs.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

On the topic of light novel ♥♥♥♥ season 3 of BOOSTO was announced the other day. Beautiful news considering the other option would be reading those horrendous literal translations.

Years

Meh Had too much mechs, SoL, and whatnot the past 2 years. Gotta go back to my old favorite genres.

Don't worry still watching some Macross while eating ****

As for the literal awkward translations...heres a prayer such series gets a manga. BOOSTO is fun though. Both Dragon boys get interesting nicknames. HAHAHA

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

♥♥♥♥ shouldn't be your staple though, friend.

I like this ♥♥♥♥ though. Couldn't find one with non gay subs but it shouldn't be too hard to work out what is happening here. Best motivation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back