• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[dLtMs0 v 5.4] ITT SHINJI IS CONFIRMED FOR GROSSEST; Days till Pokestick Day: check new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Funny thing, FF never really was super generic as a JRPG. Each game has its own identity- different characters, different story, different mechanics- you never feel like you're playing the same game. FF1 isn't FF2 isn't FF3 isn't FF13. And, similarly, it doesn't really have various tropes and the like that are in more generic titles.

Also, FF is very good a writing well-designed females. It's a pretty progressive series.

Years

Yeah, was looking at the info for the Legend of Heroes remake and it seems to be an HD port to the Vita...if it was to the 3DS I'd wait but yeah...

As for XIII, I spoiled myself with LP's and the wiki LOL. But the story is great. :O

Yukari

I remember someone talking about how Lightning Returns is proof that the series has died.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

I wouldn't say that it means the series has died......but there was a whole mechanic dedicated to making the boobs jigglier.

I'm glad that I didn't buy it when it first came out is about all I can say.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

I wouldn't say that it means the series has died......but there was a whole mechanic dedicated to making the boobs jigglier.

I'm glad that I didn't buy it when it first came out is about all I can say.
    I don't see why breast physics are damning, it's not like they were ridiculous or anything- hell, I've played the game for several hours and didn't know they were there (really, I still don't, in retrospect). And considering FFX-2 was actually Fanservice: the Game (but was also incredibly open and actually was quite fun) and FFXII prominently featured scantily clad bunny women, I think Lightning Returns is vastly more tame. The lewdest thing it has is Chocolina, and she's from XIII-2.

I pre-ordered the game, saw the reviews were really divided, and tried to cancel. It was too late, and I was expecting to have wasted my $60 dollars, but I didn't. So many new ideas and the combat was fun as hell- no part of me regrets buying that game at full-price, it's easily my favorite of the trilogy.

I remember someone talking about how Lightning Returns is proof that the series has died.

Just because someone said LR is proof that FF is dead doesn't mean it is. People have said that about all of the FFXIII titles. and FFXII. and FFXI. Heck, even going as far back as FFVII. I still disagree on that front- I just wish people would understand that a series trying out new things and changing is healthy. It prevents stagnation and makes things more interesting in the long run.

And boy, do people not like change.

On a completely unrelated note, this is happening in Europe:
    Spoiler:

Reeeeeeally hope that comes to America. That and Robotics;Notes (but I dream).

Last edited:

Yukari

I sure don't think it's proof that the series is dead. And, really, I don't think that the series is "Dead" either.

Also, if that comes to America I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Steins;Gate is a Visual Novel (turned anime) about a club of scientists (not club in the high school sense, more like a small team of eccentric adults) as they delve into the mysteries of time travel and ultimately get caught up in a game of playing God and screwing with world lines (basically, a linearist idea that states there is only one timeline, but by changing the past, the "world" itself moves to that possibility rather than creating a new timeline altogether).

It's a fun show/game, and I'd recommend either the anime or the game. Personally, I'd say the game's better, but if you don't have the patience or time for the VN, the anime's pretty good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back