• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DnD - Any players?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    I realize this isn't the right community, but I figured I would ask anyways.

Is there anybody out there who is into DnD 4th Gen.
    I would like to set up a game over the net using one of the DnD online clients, if I can learn to use them. Figured it would be cool to set one up with people from around the world if we can get times to work. Let me know!

Interested DM's:
    1. Frawst

Interested Player's:
    1. Frawst
    2. Jarred0809
    3. Kura
    4. Cirrus
    5. Alternative
    6. Soul Saint
    7. Unrivaledneo
    8. Nash Bandicoot

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    I've got the 3.5 ruleset and I'd be willing to join any 3.5 game.

maybe i will have to get and read the 3.5 rules, I hear they are way better, but I just started DnD when the 4.0 came out... will look into it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Wait you can play online? o_o I've only ever played at school.. (My teacher was an official DM and he was sooo awesome!) but yeah *_* I played a little <3 Is there any place you guys could give me more info on this? It sounds interesting and it'd be fun to join!

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Maptools is a nice program that allows you to play on the internet over a map.

Only DMs have to really learn how to use it. The site is down at the moment though...

4e is eeeeh... It's not that good if you've played 3.5e since it just dumbs everything down. I play 3.5e personally, and that's the general preference of a lot of people.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    Maptools is a nice program that allows you to play on the internet over a map.

Only DMs have to really learn how to use it. The site is down at the moment though...

4e is eeeeh... It's not that good if you've played 3.5e since it just dumbs everything down. I play 3.5e personally, and that's the general preference of a lot of people.

Yeath thats what i have heard, and yeah maptools is the one i was talking about, keeps all the legitimacy of the game in a program so that you can play over the internet and not worry about false dice rolls, DM can still hide his/her rolls and all that stuff. KK I will go get some 3.5 books then soon, I am going to put together a list of interested players

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • When I first played Dungeons and Dragons I didn't really like it. Mostly because it was at a con and it was a poor rendition of the game itself (it used dungeon tiles) and I think it was a spin off from the game itself, so nothing too official. Also the person teaching us didn't really explain it well enough for me to understand, as in I'd make a logical move and I was told I couldn't do it for whatever reasons. I'd be willing to take it up though, but idk how it would go. If I could find someone to show me the ropes and stuff it would be fun, and since you can play it online now apparently, just even more fun.

I've played other board games like this where you need a measuring tape and everything to do simple attacks and I found it fun. Assuming it's like that as well, I think I'd be up for a session one time. :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    When I first played Dungeons and Dragons I didn't really like it. Mostly because it was at a con and it was a poor rendition of the game itself (it used dungeon tiles) and I think it was a spin off from the game itself, so nothing too official. Also the person teaching us didn't really explain it well enough for me to understand, as in I'd make a logical move and I was told I couldn't do it for whatever reasons. I'd be willing to take it up though, but idk how it would go. If I could find someone to show me the ropes and stuff it would be fun, and since you can play it online now apparently, just even more fun.

I've played other board games like this where you need a measuring tape and everything to do simple attacks and I found it fun. Assuming it's like that as well, I think I'd be up for a session one time. :)

Don't worry about it - I can help you out if I can find some genuine interest, and someone who will learn the program and DM for us, I don't want to go through that process ontop of my 2 other campaigns ATM.

First thing - go torrent yourself the 3.5 rulebooks or go to chapters/indigo and buy them, read them and re-read the combat and skilling parts a few times, you don't have to read all the races and classes, but knowing about gear, combat rules and skill mechanics are important.

I can set up a dungeon with the online program for one person that we can create a character for you and run through it quickly one night, maybe about 3-4 hour dungeon?

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    ^ Thanks bud, guys who are interested in playing, try and learn that system and read up on the 3.5 rules, and let us know when you are cool for a game, let's schedule somethin. Anyone care to DM?

Cirrus

Years
  • >_>

That's because the site's back up again. It was down yesterday. Glad to see they fixed it.

As for DMing ... I would, but I'm DMing two games right now as well (and playing three). '_';;

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    We mostly changed to Pathfinder from 3.5 at our local game shop, partially since we now have a decent crowd for Pathfinder Society here. Can't really say I've played 4e at all, and no one really plays int he game shop

Cirrus

Years
  • Yeah, Pathfinder's quite good; our playgroup incorporates some material from it into our games (feats and such) at times.

Soul Saint

Ghost~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I might be interested. Not in any campaigns myself right now, just working on one for a group of roughly 5-9 people. Tried 4th once...was way too simple for my liking. 3.5e is my personal favorite right now - Want to get my hands on a Pathfinder book sometime though. xD

Might be up for DM'ing in the future, but right now, just being a player would be nice. My UTC is -5. Let me know when you guys are playing, what races/classes are available, and I'll roll up a character to play. Or is the tool above one of the one's that you roll a character on and it saves it? Been looking for something like that for a month or two now if it is! o.o

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
  • Oh, hell yes. If you can get it working count me in as a player!
    I play 4th edition and it's REALLY good, once you get used to it it runs really smoothly.
    Since there is already 7 people who want to play we may need to figure out how it will work with that many people.

Soul Saint

Ghost~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    From experience in and with large groups, gotta keep OOC down. People can send messages to one another on like MSN or some such. If we get more people, we may have to make two or so groups. Can always just have a post that serves as an update for campaigns - Let's players read multiple intro's, pick which one they're interested in, and know who/how to contact the DM running it. Underneath each intro could be a list of available spots, like the one in the first post here.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    Be nice to get into something like this again thought havent played since middle school.... years n years ago. I remember seeing this program Fantasy Grounds or something that allows DnD play over the net, not sure though.

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
  • From experience in and with large groups, gotta keep OOC down. People can send messages to one another on like MSN or some such. If we get more people, we may have to make two or so groups. Can always just have a post that serves as an update for campaigns - Let's players read multiple intro's, pick which one they're interested in, and know who/how to contact the DM running it. Underneath each intro could be a list of available spots, like the one in the first post here.

That would work, we just need more DM's...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    definitely could use some other DM's -- I can do it, just have a lot of stuff occuring irl atm and time to create story is a pain to find.

Soul Saint

Ghost~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Again, I may be able to DM in the future. Gotta get some stuff out of the way first over here. May end up just wanting to DM for groups I'm in already. What I offered in my prior post was a simple means of organizing things here in the future. Assuming this thread were to gain more players/DM's. Can always offer up some adventures or help others write their own. There are also many free one's out there people can use - Bit's to run during an adventure, such as premade dungeons for a group to explore while the DM write more area's that deal with their main plot.

Back